The Illuminati

cccp21: perhaps you could list and discuss some of the books you are refering to. However, do you really believe there is a group of satanists (Illuminati) that leave an empty chair the represent Satan? Are they also behind the satanic messages that you here when you play heavy metal music backwards?

[quote]TheFrenchMenace wrote:

Thank God I live in Canada (they didn’t say anything about that shit going on in Canada).[/quote]

What makes you think no kinds of shit happens in Canada? There’s evil all around the world and Canada will not be excluded.

We elect a PM who’s business is registered outside of Canada so that he doesn’t have to pay canadian taxes. Maybe he’s part of a world wide evil organization. Maybe it’s call KAOS. Wait a minute! Isn’t that an American organization? Let’s ask Maxwell Smart… He should know.

Just joking FM!

Here is some info from wikipedia.org that discusses the Illuminati in a serious manner (plus I hope it will bump this thread up). Feel free to comment.
Illuminati
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The Illuminati is the name of many groups, modern and historical, real and fictitious, verified and alleged. Most commonly, however, The Illuminati refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, the least secret of all secret societies in the world, described below. Most alleged and fictitious uses refer to a shadowy conspiratorial organization which controls world affairs behind the scenes, usually a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. Illuminati is sometimes used synonymously with New World Order.
The Bavarian Illuminati
[edit]

History
A short-lived movement of republican freethinkers, the most radical offshoot of The Enlightenment -to whose adherents the name Illuminati was given (but who called themselves “Perfectibilists”)- was founded on May 1, 1776 by the ex-Jesuit Adam Weishaupt (d. 1830), professor of canon law, and Baron Adolph von Knigge, in Ingolstadt, Bavaria (now Germany). The group has also been called the Illuminati Order, the Order of the Illuminati, and the Bavarian Illuminati.

In the conservative state of Bavaria, where the progressive and enlightened elector Maximilian III Joseph von Wittelsbach was succeeded (1777) by his conservative heir Karl Theodor, and which was dominated by the Roman Catholic Church and the aristocracy, such an organization did not last long before it was suppressed by the powers that be. In 1784, the Bavarian government banned all secret societies including the Illuminati and the Freemasons. The structure of the Illuminati soon collapsed, but while it was in existence many influential intellectuals and progressive politicians counted themselves as members.

Its members, drawn primarily from Masons and former Masons, pledged obedience to their superiors, and were divided into three main classes: the first, known as the Nursery, encompassed the ascending degrees or offices of Preparation, Novice, Minerval and Illuminatus Minor; the second, known as the Masonry, consisting of the ascending degrees of Illuminatus Major and Illuminatus dirigens, the latter also sometimes called Scotch Knight; the third, designated the Mysteries, was subdivided into the degrees of the Lesser Mysteries (Presbyter and Regent) and those of the Greater Mysteries (Magus and Rex). Relations with masonic lodges were established at Munich and Freising in 1780.

The order had its branches in most countries of the European continent, but its total numbers never seem to have exceeded two thousand. The scheme had its attraction for literary men, such as Goethe and Herder, and even for the reigning dukes of Gotha and Weimar. Internal rupture preceded its downfall, which was effected by an edict of the Bavarian government in 1785.

Note: My favourite line of this description is “the least secret of all secret societies”

[quote]mike marcon wrote:
cccp21: perhaps you could list and discuss some of the books you are refering to. However, do you really believe there is a group of satanists (Illuminati) that leave an empty chair the represent Satan? Are they also behind the satanic messages that you here when you play heavy metal music backwards?[/quote]

*********** The Heavy metal thing makes me laugh as it does most of them. Satan at the high level (not the the level of most Satan worshippers)really works sad to say. I will comment no further as it will do no good for me to do so.
Brandon Green

[quote]doogie wrote:
chrisb71 wrote:
My grandfather was a Mason. After he died we found some books that were all written in code. They also had to pledge to not reveal their secrets “on pain of death.”

To me, it is not an example of a secret society controlling the local government, it is more like a bunch of grown-up kids playing “secret decoder ring” and not wanting their wives to find out what bar they went to and who was there.

Exactly. My Grandfather was a Mason, also. After his death, my uncle and I sat up in the hills in Arkansas going through all of his stuff. Interesting reading. It was almost sad to think about these old men playing “secret clubhouse” so late into life.

[/quote]

I am not getting into this entire debate, but no mason would have written down anything of value for you to read later. Period. What you all came across were more than likely notes which aren’t secrets. Anything else would have been spoken knowledge. What is sad to me is that you see your grandfather in such a negative light.

Satan at the high level (not the the level of most Satan worshippers)really works sad to say. I will comment no further as it will do no good for me to do so.

cccp (Brandon): What do you mean with this statement? Do you have first hand knowledge of Satanism? If so, I seriously would like to hear about it. That is not a flame, I really mean it (thats not the type of thing that comes up in every day conversation). Or are you refering to the Church of Satan or the Temple of Set where Satan/Set is really a symbol for the idea that everyone can be their own god and create their own destiny? I know that you said “I will comment no further”, but really, how does that validate your point? I am down for a serious discussion of ideas.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I am not getting into this entire debate, but no mason would have written down anything of value for you to read later. Period. What you all came across were more than likely notes which aren’t secrets. Anything else would have been spoken knowledge. What is sad to me is that you see your grandfather in such a negative light. [/quote]

They weren’t hand-written notes. It was printed material. Rules of Order and such.

My granddad was in the Klan, also, Prof. X. The Mason stuff couldn’t really lower my opinion of him.

Interesting. I just read a dialogue that relates to this topic. I encourage you all to read “Ernst und Falk.” There is an english translation online, somewhere… and then I’d like you to reflect that the author of this document was a philosopher. And then, just reflect.

[quote]doogie wrote:
My granddad was in the Klan, also, Prof. X. The Mason stuff couldn’t really lower my opinion of him.[/quote]

Now THAT makes more sense. For the record of staying with the topic of the thread, Rules of Order aren’t secret. They have videos that walk you through it that were made as documentaries. As was stated earlier, knowledge of the inner workings is only held by the highest degrees. That means the majority have little knowledge of the scope involved. There are men with bad intentions in every organization.

I’ve read Robert Anton Wilson!

I know all about Atlantis!

Oh boy, the Illuminati.

You have got to listen to Coast to Coast am. They talk about this all the time.

One, or two guys have said the Illuminati are actually reptiles from another dimension who control others through mind control. The freemason rituals, and the rituals of other groups are supposed to stimulate the minds of the people who have specific reptile like DNA that causes them to succumb to the will of these reptiles.

JFK was supposed to have started exerting his own will and that is why he was killed.

Maybe I should mention I don’t believe any of this.

I have not doubt there are secret societies, but I don’t believe any really have power, but this is because I could start a secret society myself. Then again I do belong to a secret society (of magicians) and we can keep secrets.

[quote]sam747 wrote:
I had a summer internship w/ The Illuminati back when I was in college. No big whoop, they like to think of themselves as more important than they really are. They are also quite a bit behind The Tri-Lateral Commission in terms of industry leaders as far as secret societies go. Still, I will say that getting to work on a coup in a small African country was pretty interesting for a 20 year old college kid. [/quote]

HaHa! I like it!

[quote]mike marcon wrote:
…are you refering to the Church of Satan or the Temple of Set where Satan/Set is really a symbol for the idea that everyone can be their own god and create their own destiny?[/quote]

I know you weren’t talking to me, but the two really are one and the same. According to the Bible, satan’s biggest lie (short of convincing people that he doesn’t exist) is that man can be his own god. “…and you will be like God, knowing good and evil…” Genesis 3.

The little bit of research I have done into the church of satan reveals that this is one of their foundational principles. God is the liar and oppressor with His rules and commands that serve only to dampen the human spirit and its desires. God says, “live for Me.” Satan says “live for yourself.” Hopefully this answers your question and inspires further discussion. End of hijack…

Everyone knows that John Dillinger was an anti-Illuminati agent (he was a member of the Justified Ancients of Mummu) and that it was Dillinger, not Oswald, who killed the Illuminati Primi, John F. Kennedy. Duh.

One day when I was a kid, I was rummaging around in my grandfather’s attic and came across a really cool looking old book. He found me and started to tell me all about a spectacular treasure that had been sought after by millions and had changed hands several times down through the years, each time growing larger and more valuable. It came across the Atlantic to the U.S. and was hidden away by certain members of our founding fathers in order to keep it out of the hands of the British. The secret ended up in my family, but the location was unknown until just a few years ago when I found it. Would you believe it was located beneath Trinity Church down near Wall St? Its true. I found a map on the back of the Declaration of Independence. There’s a lot more to the story, but I’m going to make a movie about this story - it’s so unbelievable!

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
I’m going to make a movie about this story

DB[/quote]

Must be a liberal.

Haven’t seen it but I think he’s referencing a Nicholas Cage movie.

[quote]ConorM wrote:
Haven’t seen it but I think he’s referencing a Nicholas Cage movie.[/quote]

No shit? Get out of here.

Forget the legends. It’s just old money benefitting by controlling the legislators.

[quote]chrisb71 wrote:
My grandfather was a Mason. After he died we found some books that were all written in code. They also had to pledge to not reveal their secrets “on pain of death.”

To me, it is not an example of a secret society controlling the local government, it is more like a bunch of grown-up kids playing “secret decoder ring” and not wanting their wives to find out what bar they went to and who was there.[/quote]

A lot of fraternity and sorority rituals are based in Masonic rituals, so in a way you’re correct.

Also I’ve heard a lot of Mormon Temple rituals are based in Masonic rituals, but I know a lot less about that…