T Nation

The 'I Hate Branch' Thread


#1


I don't hate the man personally. How could I when I don't even know him? In fact, his training videos are great to watch. Call it hardcore if you wish, but plenty of pros work just as hard (maybe harder) without the toughguy show. The gym is where bodybuilders are made, but the stage is the ultimate showcase.

That said, Branch Warren is hideously proportioned, and his goofy onstage antics and clumsy posing do not help this ridiculous sideshow.

I've been vocal about my utter disdain for Branch Warren the competitor, and a handful of others here have been as well. So I'm creating this thread for ALL of the Branch Warren haters to come out and shout it to the forum rafters, "I HATE BRANCH WARREN!"

lol


#2

“I LOVE BRANCH WARREN”

Oh wrong thread…

lol


#3

I think you could do better to find a less flattering picture of him.


#4

IN.

Absolutely hate how he looks.


#5

Edit: NVM

Carry on with whatever makes you happy.


#6

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I think you could do better to find a less flattering picture of him.[/quote]

LOL

Well, I didn’t want to go that route. A good pic of Branch is still worse than a bad pic of Phil.


#7

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve been vocal about my utter disdain for Branch Warren the competitor, and a handful of others here have been as well. So I’m creating this thread for ALL of the Branch Warren haters to come out and shout it to the forum rafters, “I HATE BRANCH WARREN!”[/quote]
Hey, he beat Jay Cutler 20 years and 100 pounds ago.

But I do have to agree. He’s just got a blocky, clunky look. If/when he manages to bring his abs in and obliques down (like above) I don’t see much of an issue though.


#8

one quad bigger than the other?

one lat bigger than the other?

no problem if you’re backed a supplement company


#9

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
one quad bigger than the other?

one lat bigger than the other?

no problem if you’re backed a supplement company[/quote]

I think he is in the early stage of Palumboism.


#10

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
one quad bigger than the other?

one lat bigger than the other?

no problem if you’re backed a supplement company[/quote]

I think he is in the early stage of Palumboism. [/quote]

Or Columbuism. For all his greatness, he was a disproportionate little bastard.


#11

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve been vocal about my utter disdain for Branch Warren the competitor, and a handful of others here have been as well. So I’m creating this thread for ALL of the Branch Warren haters to come out and shout it to the forum rafters, “I HATE BRANCH WARREN!”[/quote]
Hey, he beat Jay Cutler 20 years and 100 pounds ago.

But I do have to agree. He’s just got a blocky, clunky look. If/when he manages to bring his abs in and obliques down (like above) I don’t see much of an issue though.[/quote]

holy fuck I had no idea that they both looked so fucking great back in the day.


#12

I know what you mean…if I looked like that I would just hate myself!


#13

WOW; they looked like that at such a young age. Shit, I feel like I’ve been spinning my wheels even more now. Branch is 1 inch shorter than me, 2 pounds heavier and 5 years younger than me and looks frikken amazing there!

Sorry Iron Dwarf, I know we’re supposed to hate him here but, he definitely had it back in the day (compared to me at least)


#14

I love me some Branch.


#15

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I love me some Branch.
[/quote]

LOL

Nice one… Chief.


#16

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I love me some Branch.
[/quote]
Chief[/quote]
lmao you dick.


#17

All pros look ugly as fuark.


#18

[quote]jldume wrote:
WOW; they looked like that at such a young age. Shit, I feel like I’ve been spinning my wheels even more now. Branch is 1 inch shorter than me, 2 pounds heavier and 5 years younger than me and looks frikken amazing there!

Sorry Iron Dwarf, I know we’re supposed to hate him here but, he definitely had it back in the day (compared to me at least)[/quote]

No apologies necessary, jldume!

I agree Branch looked great years ago.


#19

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
All pros look ugly as fuark.[/quote]

As opposed to you, you little sexy treat!!!


#20

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
All pros look ugly as fuark.[/quote]

As opposed to you, you little sexy treat!!![/quote]

thnx

i hope some day you can look as great as me.