The 'I Can't Sleep' Thread

Steely, congrats on the new baby!

Now, how the fuck did you ever survive New Jersey’s hot sticky nights?

[quote]Court wrote:
I was in Toronto this weekend and forgot how fucking humid it gets there. The same temp out here in Cali feels amazing. There though, I wanted to die.

Steely, I didn’t know you had a newborn. When? Boy/girl? Name? [/quote]

Last week, little girl! “D#3”

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steely, congrats on the new baby!

Now, how the fuck did you ever survive New Jersey’s hot sticky nights?[/quote]

Thanks!

re: NJ-- Two words: “Central Air”

Nobody has that up here. We have a window unit, but it’s packed away in the basement and for the past 10 years, I’ve only used it about 1 week a year, usually sometime in early August.

Hell, the furnace was still kicking on the other night! Temps until yesterday were still highs 60/70, lows in the high 40’s low 50’s. Rule of thumb is that you don’t plant anything until June 1 because of frost.

60 or 70?

Hell my heater better kick in before it hits 60, I’m not a freaking polar bear.

We played flag football on Sunday and it was between 92-95 and the humidity was really freaking high, at least 86%.

I lived in a tropical island with no fan or air conditioning for two years. Orlando is comfortable to me, I barely sweat during the day let alone at night.

Steely

Maybe a hammock would offer ventilation from underneath, while a room fan would cool you from above.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steely

Maybe a hammock would offer ventilation from underneath, while a room fan would cool you from above.

lol[/quote]

That is such a good idea.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steely

lol[/quote]

That is such a good idea.[/quote]

You ever try to sleep on a hammock? No back support!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steely

Maybe a banana hammock would offer ventilation from underneath, while a room fan would cool you from above.

lol[/quote]

That’s a bit of a personal suggestion there ID.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Maybe my banana hammock would offer relaxation from underneath, while Mrs. Dwarf blows on you from above.

[/quote]

Is this an MMF invitation!??

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Maybe my banana hammock would offer relaxation from underneath, while Mrs. Dwarf blows on you from above.

[/quote]

Is this an MMF invitation!??[/quote]

Banana hammock?? Wait a minute! I didn’t write THAT!

lol

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steely

lol[/quote]

You ever try to sleep on a hammock? No back support![/quote]

Well, it worked fine for the Skipper on Gilligan’s Island… and well, Steely’s a big dude, so I figured why not?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steely

lol[/quote]

Well, it worked fine for the Skipper on Gilligan’s Island… and well, Steely’s a big dude, so I figured why not?

[/quote]

Seriously though, hammocks are the best thing in the world.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

If you ever decide to hang a hammock indoors, make SURE the eye hooks are drilled into the center of the wall stud. Otherwise, they will pop out when you lie in it, and you’ll fall to the floor on your head, and get a concussion. Not that it’s happenned to me, or anything.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

If you ever decide to hang a hammock indoors, make SURE the eye hooks are drilled into the center of the wall stud. Otherwise, they will pop out when you lie in it, and you’ll fall to the floor on your head, and get a concussion. Not that it’s happenned to me, or anything.[/quote]

I’ll bet when you hit the floor, it was similar in sound to a '74 P-Bass hitting the floor.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

If you ever decide to hang a hammock indoors, make SURE the eye hooks are drilled into the center of the wall stud. Otherwise, they will pop out when you lie in it, and you’ll fall to the floor on your head, and get a concussion. Not that it’s happenned to me, or anything.[/quote]

I’ll bet when you hit the floor, it was similar in sound to a '74 P-Bass hitting the floor.

lol
[/quote]

And my humbucker had to be rewired.

I slept in the basement the other night because its colder. I have AC running at 72 and for some reason I just lay in bed and sweat like crazy. I mean drenched. So I slept down there for 4 hours or so. I don’t get to sleep much anyway.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steely

lol[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, Lil’ Buddy!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

lol
[/quote]

As she was bouncing on the floor, it must’ve sounded like the Seinfeld bass riff when they transition between scenes.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
60 or 70?

Hell my heater better kick in before it hits 60, I’m not a freaking polar bear.

We played flag football on Sunday and it was between 92-95 and the humidity was really freaking high, at least 86%.[/quote]

we were in alabama allweekend WOW how hot and humid!! all day at the ballfields

love the heat but love my a/c more :wink:

congrats on the baby girl!!! how sweet…