The Humongous 531 Log

Good day today. Weighed in at 242 this morning. Not too bad considering I felt like my diet was very lackluster this weekend. The 5 mile hike with 30 lbs yesterday probably helped though.

Push Press 3’s week:
Empty bar x5
95x5
135x3
150x3
165x7 or 8(got dizzy as fuck and lost track, pretty sure it was 8)

DB OHP:45x3x10, 40x2x10
Superset(1 min rest between exercises)
Lat pull down: 120x3x10, 110x2x10

1 Like

Well, another long work day and gotta wake up early for another one. So had to go in, smash my squats and leave. Had a bomb ass too set though.

Squats 3s week:

135x5
185x5
210x3
240x3
275x12

Had to take a few seconds between the last couple, and about shit my colon out, but damn it felt good

1 Like

Finally weighed in under 240 this morning (239.6 lol) so very good. I’m losing weight faster than expected, but I’m still getting stronger and I can tell my upper back and shoulders are starting to blow up a little so I see no reason to change anything yet.

I got an email from biotest with a nice little discount promo code so I was thinking I’d get a little something extra with my plazma and mag-10. Either micro-PA or Hot-Rox. Has anybody tried either or have any suggestions?

1 Like

Good bench workout today:
135x5
155x5
175x3
185x3
225x8

Between the working sets I did 3 dead hang chin ups for shits and giggles. Maybe it came back to bite me in the ass cuz during my assistance lifts I was feeling pretty drained all the sudden. I got:

DB incline bench: 50s x3x10
Superset with
Cable rows 130x3x10

I coulda ground out the last couple sets, but I just wasn’t feeling it, and already had a good pump going. I remember Jim referring to the assistance as “just an afterthought that shouldn’t take too much effort” so I decided to cut it short, go home and eat like a horse, and prepare for deadlifts tomorrow. Was this the right thing to do?
As far as periworkout I did the same thing I usually do:
Protein shake and some carbs about an hour before,
Plazma and a tall cup of coffee 15 minutes prior,
Plazma during, mag-10 post
After about 30 minutes to an hour, I had 4 eggs, quarter pound of lean ground beef, and 2 cups of milk so I don’t see why I was feeling run down during my workout. Maybe due to working long hours yesterday while on a fast(kept myself alive on caffeine and Grizzly). We’ll see how I’m feeling tomorrow

1 Like

Mostly because you’re losing weight IMO. I get the same thing. Strength isn’t affected as much, but there’s less in the tank to do reps.

Forgot to log my deadlift session Friday.

3s week deadlifts:
135x10
185x5
225x5
255x3
290x3
325x8

Going in for push Press today. I’m changing up the schedule to work around my work so I don’t have to go in late at night or early. Instead on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri it will be Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri

1 Like

Well, had an ok day.

531 week push press:
Empty bar x10
95x5
135x5
155x3
175x5
185x1
205x1
215x0

I thought I was feeling good and I wanted to hit a PR, but I got it about half way up and my triceps gave. I’m kicking myself cuz I know I could have gotten 210 but got greedy. On the bright side at least I’m hitting the same weight as last time while being a lot lighter

2 Likes

Beasted on squats today

Squats 531 week:
135x10
185x5
225x5
255x3
285x5
315x5
345x1

Turned my 3rm into my 5rm and then hit a new 1rm by 10 lbs. plus I did dead hang chins between all sets

1 Like

From mid-October to end of November. 255 to 240. Long way to go but I’m getting there. Fat loss has stalled a little so instead of dropping cals more I’m going to add in a little cardio and hot rox and see where it takes me

1 Like

Also tried snatches for the first time today

Well I’ve been getting kind of lazy with my logging. Haven’t been missing sessions, just haven’t been posting them. All in all I’d say Things are going pretty decent right now. My deadlift and squat are both going up quite nicely. My OHP is slowly getting better, and bench hasn’t had too much improvement. I’ll chock my upper body lifts not going up too much to losing a bunch of body weight. My arms, delts and upper back are almost starting to look like those of someone that actually lifts lol. Have to go out of town this weekend for my uncles funeral and won’t be within 50 miles of a gym so I’m thinking I’ll eat like a horse today and try and get a second session in this evening

1 Like

Sorry for your loss mate.

Don’t sweat missing a session here and there, it won’t hurt your progress.

Thanks a lot man. It’s kinda relieving honestly cuz he was battling liver cancer and those chemo drugs they pump you with really turn you into a shell of what you used to be. I’m really just goin up to support my grandma cuz she had four sons, and this is the second one she’s lost to cancer in the last 10 years. She’s normally a very quiet, stoic woman so when you call her and the first thing she says while in tears is “I didn’t think God would do this to me twice” it really puts things into perspective.

It reminds me of a couple posts on the “flame free confession thread” talking about how stupid it is to act like exercising makes you hardcore. Having to bury two of your sons and still go on and keep being a sweet old lady, that’s fucking hard core

2 Likes

In an attempt to lift the mood in this thread a little, today was fucking bad ass. I went in this morning to do deads and bench and was gonna go in tonight and do squats and press. Deads I was just gonna do my prescribed reps and move on but I was feeling really damn good and ended up hitting a 20lb PR. My original real max for this cycle was 405(I put 425 cuz it was an older max, but realized I’d lost a little strength and was more like 405)
Ended up doing:
135x8
185x3
225x3
Worksets:
265x3
300x3
335x5
Jokers:
365x1
405x1
415x1
425x1

So after walking out of the gym with my enormous genitals swinging between my knees, I went home, had mag-10, big ass post workout meal an hour after that, another meal another hour after that, another serving of mag-10 after another hour, then finally after one more hour I drank my plazma and went to the gym to do squats, figuring I’d again just hit my prescribed reps and move on. (Mind you, I started my squats with a real max of 335 at the start of the cycle that I’m in week 5 of, then hit a joker of 345 on my 531 week on week 3)

Squats:
135x10
185x5
Work sets:
220x3
250x3
280x5
Jokers:
315x3
325x3
335x3
345x1
350x1
355x1
360x1
365x1

I felt like I could have hit 370, had it on the bar and everything, but I had one split second of doubt where I was questioning if I could get it or not, and ended my squats cuz I knew as soon as I started doubting myself I was gonna fuck it up. All my squats were to depth,and my back wasn’t rounded on my 425. so I don’t know what happened today, but I was just feeling animalistic. I know Jim wouldn’t approve of me butchering his system like I did, but I’m gonna be laid off for several days and I was just feeling too damn good to not smash out rep after rep

2 Likes

Now that is what I call a good day!

Great decision on the squat too. I never make those. Once the bar is loaded I have a crack. Not smart.

Slowly dropping the flab. Hot Rox has definitely been doing its job. When the transformation contest starts Jan 1 I’ll be switching from Rox to indigo to see what kind of difference it’ll make. If I like it I’ll keep the indigo for a few months then the last 4-6 weeks I’ll stack it with Rox and hopefully I’ll look like I lift

1 Like