The Hulk Bench?

Not quite. he can SUPPORT the 150 billion ton mountain (from the molecule man bit) – not the same as overhead pressing it. Besides there were many other characters helping him hold it up AFAIK.

His peak strength was when he tore apart onslaught’s armor — thats functionality right there.

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
“holding up a 150 billion ton mountain”
Take from the link posted above.

Well, he can overhead press 150 billion tons, that bodes well for his bench press…[/quote]

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Not quite. he can SUPPORT the 150 billion ton mountain (from the molecule man bit) – not the same as overhead pressing it. Besides there were many other characters helping him hold it up AFAIK.

His peak strength was when he tore apart onslaught’s armor — thats functionality right there.

Bloobird wrote:
“holding up a 150 billion ton mountain”
Take from the link posted above.

Well, he can overhead press 150 billion tons, that bodes well for his bench press…

[/quote]

Is there a 1000+ class for the o-lifts? I’d imagine if he could support 150 billion tons he could jerk quite a lot.

I want the 3 minutes of my life back that i spent reading this thread

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
How come nobody asks what Hulk can SQUAT?[/quote]

Cause squatting is bad for the knees and is stupid. The bench press is much better for judging a persons strength duh.

Hasn’t it been stated in canon that Hulk’s strength is limitless? Or, at least, approaching physical capabilities of the Celestials? Or am I dumb?

And Alpha . . . if you can’t destroy in the gym, the kitchen, in work, and in geekdom, there is something missing from your life.

Go to a comic shop. Drop $100. Enjoy yourself.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
I want the 3 minutes of my life back that i spent reading this thread[/quote]

Nope its mine now HAH!

[quote]Alpha wrote:
I want the 3 minutes of my life back that i spent reading this thread[/quote]

You would have wasted it somewhere else.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
How come nobody asks what Hulk can SQUAT?[/quote]

because Superman is curling in the squat rack.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
How come nobody asks what Hulk can SQUAT?

because Superman is curling in the squat rack.

[/quote]

I don’t know why, but I found that incredibly funny.

I think we should estimate how far he threw that tank, taking into account its weight, and extrapolate to what this equates to in performance of a hammer throw.

Then we can take strength-performance and throw-performance data from a sample hammer-throwers and use that to make a rough estimation from weight-and-distance-thrown as it relates to bench strength.

Now all we need is a government grant…

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
I think we should estimate how far he threw that tank, taking into account its weight, and extrapolate to what this equates to in performance of a hammer throw.

Then we can take strength-performance and throw-performance data from a sample hammer-throwers and use that to make a rough estimation from weight-and-distance-thrown as it relates to bench strength.

Now all we need is a government grant…[/quote]

Finally some progress

It’s all genetics. Duh!

Jesus fucking christ, people.

Secret Wars # 4. Molecule man drops a mountain on the superheroes and with Invisible creating a force, the Hulk holds up the mountain until help can arrive to teleport them out of there.

She created the force field, but its the Hulk’s raw strength that support the force field and upholds the mountain top. One hell of a static hold.

Hulk’s bench stats: Unlimited. You piss him off enough and he will bench press Earth out of orbit.

I just read about all the different Hulk incarnations :expressionless:

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
He could bench press a lot but he’s relatively weak. Like all bodybuilders.[/quote]

WTF does a Cowboys fan know anyways? I just want you to answer so you can get that 1000th post defending your stupid team :wink:

Alright fuckers it’s time for some epic fucking nerdery in this thread:

[quote]From: Coefficient of Friction for Skin: The Incredible Hulk - The Physics Factbook

The Hulk immobilizes four fully armed Abrams M1 tanks, and two RAH-66 Comanche helicopters in the remote desert before arriving at San Francisco, and freefalling from an F-22 fighter plane at flight level higher than 950 (95,000 feet or 28.96 kilometers). In one instance, he lifts up one of the Abrams and swings it in 3 full circular revolutions before finally releasing it into the sky. Interestingly and miraculously, the troop inside the tank survives the entire ordeal.

According to Wikipedia, the Abrams tank weighs about about 61.4 tonnes (or 61,400 kilograms), and is about 9.76 meters long, with its 5.89 meter gun included. According to IMDb The Hulk himself weighs about 3,400 pounds or 1657 kg when he’s at his maximum mass. His onscreen height is about 15 feet or 4.6 meters. Using this data, and the tangential velocity we are about measure, we can determine the centripetal acceleration of, and the centripetal force applied by the tank.

Conclusion

The Hulk throws the Abrams tank, weighing 61,400 kg, 420 m away. Or in other words, Hulk’s got pretty big muscles. On the side note, the guy in the tank somehow managed to survive this throw.[/quote]

61,400 kg hammer thrown 420 meters…

From this article: http://www.athleticscoaching.ca/UserFiles/File/Sport%20Science/Theory%20&%20Methodology/Throwing%20Events/Hammer%20Throw/NSA%20Round%20Table%20-%20Hammer.pdf

[quote]Of the types of exercises that specifically determine performance in the hammer
throw, the following are the most effective: bench press, snatch, squats, clean and
jerk, standing long and triple jump, throwing the shot forwards and behind the
head.
(This information is based on the statistical analysis of the results of tests carried
out on 82 hammer throwers).
Below are the results of the testing of the physical conditioning of hammer
throwers. The statistical characteristics of the selection are: std. dev. = standard
deviation, min. and max. = minimum and maximum value of the parameters.

Statistical characteristics:

Competition Result(m): 72.40
Bench Press(kg): 127.6
etc,
etc…[/quote]

According to Wikipedia: Hammer throw - Wikipedia

…the men’s competition hammer weighs 7.257kg.

A 61,400 kg tank thrown 420 meters works out to roughly…

61,400 kg * 420 m / 7.257 kg = 3,553,534 meters

So at a ratio of 72.40 meters to a 127.6 kg bench press 1RM…

That’s 3,553,534 meters to a 1RM bench press of 6,262,858 kg, or:

13,778,288 pounds, or:

153,092 plates per side.

I have to say that’s pretty good.

You know, for a girl.

ElbowStrike

[quote]WhiteTiger711 wrote:
Hmm this has been bugging me lately… After watching the new hulk movie i wondered what the hulk could bench press… He has pretty good chest development do you think he follows a 5x5 split or a traditional 3x10? Whatever he does i think he needs to work on more functionality.[/quote]

I think if he can throw an engine block around like nothing. My guess would be about 3000 - 5000lbs 1 rep max.

Alright fuckers it’s time for some epic fucking nerdery in this thread:

From: Coefficient of Friction for Skin: The Incredible Hulk - The Physics Factbook

The Hulk immobilizes four fully armed Abrams M1 tanks, and two RAH-66 Comanche helicopters in the remote desert before arriving at San Francisco, and freefalling from an F-22 fighter plane at flight level higher than 950 (95,000 feet or 28.96 kilometers). In one instance, he lifts up one of the Abrams and swings it in 3 full circular revolutions before finally releasing it into the sky. Interestingly and miraculously, the troop inside the tank survives the entire ordeal.

According to Wikipedia, the Abrams tank weighs about about 61.4 tonnes (or 61,400 kilograms), and is about 9.76 meters long, with its 5.89 meter gun included. According to IMDb The Hulk himself weighs about 3,400 pounds or 1657 kg when he’s at his maximum mass. His onscreen height is about 15 feet or 4.6 meters. Using this data, and the tangential velocity we are about measure, we can determine the centripetal acceleration of, and the centripetal force applied by the tank.

Conclusion

The Hulk throws the Abrams tank, weighing 61,400 kg, 420 m away. Or in other words, Hulk’s got pretty big muscles. On the side note, the guy in the tank somehow managed to survive this throw.

61,400 kg hammer thrown 420 meters…

From this article: http://www.athleticscoaching.ca/UserFiles/File/Sport%20Science/Theory%20&%20Methodology/Throwing%20Events/Hammer%20Throw/NSA%20Round%20Table%20-%20Hammer.pdf

Of the types of exercises that specifically determine performance in the hammer
throw, the following are the most effective: bench press, snatch, squats, clean and
jerk, standing long and triple jump, throwing the shot forwards and behind the
head.
(This information is based on the statistical analysis of the results of tests carried
out on 82 hammer throwers).
Below are the results of the testing of the physical conditioning of hammer
throwers. The statistical characteristics of the selection are: std. dev. = standard
deviation, min. and max. = minimum and maximum value of the parameters.

Statistical characteristics:

Competition Result(m): 72.40
Bench Press(kg): 127.6
etc,
etc…

According to Wikipedia: Hammer throw - Wikipedia

…the men’s competition hammer weighs 7.257kg.

A 61,400 kg tank thrown 420 meters works out to roughly…

61,400 kg * 420 m / 7.257 kg = 3,553,534 meters

So at a ratio of 72.40 meters to a 127.6 kg bench press 1RM…

That’s 3,553,534 meters to a 1RM bench press of 6,262,858 kg, or:

13,778,288 pounds, or:

153,092 plates per side.

I have to say that’s pretty good.

You know, for a girl.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

Hmm seems kinda light

ElbowStrike[/quote]

Do you get out much buddy?

EDIT:

But props on the major nerdage.