Taking massive action today and getting a log started for my journey to get lean, retain and refine muscle mass and get stronger in the process.
I've discussed many times on this site on me being a Type 2 Diabetic so I'm here to prove to myself that careful diet planning, weight training and the right balance of lifestyle can control my blood sugar and keep me normal and not diabetic.
I will be going with a Push/Pull/Legs split. Ramping up sets. I will be training at a globo gym (crowded) so I will pick whatever exercise is available. I plan to train early on weekends and public holidays to work on squats and deadlifts.
Cardio of 20 to 40 steady state on off days to start with. 1 HIIT session a week.
Starting slow. Key is to be consistent and achieve what I set out.
Protein at approx 1g/lb of BW to start with - around 200g (primarily from food) and 1 PWO (50g P) shake a day. Sourced primarily from beef, chicken, eggs, bacon, tuna.
Carbs at 50g a day. Sourced primarily from rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes. I'm not measuring green veggies, I usually prefer broccoli.
Fat at 100g a day/. Sourced from mac oil, coconut oil, fish oil.
237lbs at 22% BF at 6ft tall.
Using John Romaniello's 5 radical fat loss principles. 80kg estimated LBM maintainence = 13 x 80 x 2.2 = 2288.
Above calc (PCHOF) = 250x4 + 50x4 + 100x9 = 2100 cals (say).
IF on the weekends and public (bank) holidays. Same macros, 8 hour window.
1. Being consistent.
2. See 1.
0. 6% body fat by Memorial Day 2012. 28th May 2012.
1. Maintain 50g of carbs daily. Deviate maximum 20%.
2. Train 6 hours a week minimum.
3. Take weight measurements and 3 point BF measurements every Sunday morning upon wake.
4. Take torso and back shots every Sunday. Will post some pics time and again.
1. Trying to keep the log as simple as possible.
2. You won't see mega weights or anything fancy. If I can make this work, anyone can.
3. I've trained and learned from many people, time to put it all into action.