The Hot Sauce Thread

I’ll buy whatever the fuck keeps my goddamn kid from lying to me about pulling blue cards at school.

Then I use his prepubescent tears to flavor my morning omnomnomelet.

[quote]anonym wrote:
I’ll buy whatever the fuck keeps my goddamn kid from lying to me about pulling blue cards at school.

Then I use his prepubescent tears to flavor my morning omnomnomelet.[/quote]

Still surprised that thread created such a huge stir.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Sambal Oelek. [/quote]

• 1, best stuff, I wish I could find it in bigger jars

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Sambal Oelek. [/quote]

What is this? And I don’t mean “it’s hot sauce…”

I like Buffalo Chipotle. I prefer that or Cholula Chipotle.

I like flavor with a bit of heat, not heat for the sake of heat, but I used to love it. Rooster sauce is great but I want to check out Texas Pete or Kicker now.[/quote]

Sambal Olek is a south east asian chili sauce, it’s pretty much just ground up hot peppers.

tabasco, tapatio, and cholula are all good standbys.

I’ve got a giant costco size bottle of frank’s I’m trying to work my way through. once i do, I think it will be back to the sriracha.

I usually shop at walmart so I’ve been buying this shit. I’ll throw it on casseroles, eggs, and pizza. First taste, it seems pretty damn hot but after the 3-4 bite it tastes pretty good.

I’m gonna have to try some of these other ones. Unbearable=bad Sweating/little crying=GOLDEN

Tabasco is worthless if you ask me. Tastes too much like vinegar and has no body.

I’ve had Sambal Oelek a few times, pretty sure at a pho spot. I think it’s usually served in a small jar (glass, porcelain) or in those small white ceramic compartments that have slices of jalapeno in the adjacent boat.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Tabasco is worthless if you ask me. Tastes too much like vinegar and has no body.

I’ve had Sambal Oelek a few times, pretty sure at a pho spot. I think it’s usually served in a small jar (glass, porcelain) or in those small white ceramic compartments that have slices of jalapeno in the adjacent boat.[/quote]

That’s the stuff. I find it to be a little sweet with lots of heat, it’s great for spicing up asian dishes. I put copious amounts in pho.

mixing catsup and sriracha is also good.

I mainly use Louisiana and Sriacha. I put the Louisiana on EVERYTHING. Buy it in the giant bottles because I go through so much.

Depending on desired “heat” (least to greatest: all of them great): Crystal, Texas Pete, Frank’s, Cholula, Sriracha. Damn I love hot sauce

this is a good thread. holymac approves

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Actually, this shit is absolutely delicious. I have no idea where I got it, or where to get it though. I think it was a gift, but I went through the bottle in about a week.[/quote]

I’ve had this. It is really good. I picked that up along with a bottle of the pictured sauce. It’s thicker and sort of on the BBQ side but it’s damn good. It’s excellent in a pot of black bean chili

Does anyone else visit any specialty spice shops? There’s a couple hot sauce/kitchen outlets about an hour from where I’m from. Heaven.

This thread is making me hungry.

The Chipotle Tabasco sauce is my go to. I love it. Not super hot, but I like the flavor. Texas Pete, Louisiana, and Franks are all pretty much interchangeable for me.