T Nation

The Holy Grail of Training.

So you wanna get the most bang for your workout buck, without adapting to your regime and stagnating too fast. Here’s what you do bro.
(Tip, Aproximate, learn, and progress. Soon, you’ll just know what weight to lift. always go lighter than you think, and challenge yourself constantly.)

Day 1 - Squats 5X5 @8rm load, Seated leg press 5X5 @ 8rm, Seated Leg extention 5X5 @ 8rm.
Day 2 - Arms. Bi’s 5X5, Tri’s 5X5, Bi’s 5X5, Tri’s 5X5, (Do different exercizes each set.)
Day 3 - Deadlift. Kick it. Bam! Bump it up a notch. find your 1rm. Diesel weasle! just use good form.(Protect your back. and don’t use a belt unless you are worried about a hernia. >500lbs.)
Day 4 Overhead press - 5X10 @8rm, Chinup 5X10@ 8rm.(Use belt.)

You don’t need to work out every day. figure it out based on you you feel. Do a few weeks of the same thing, then add reps until you get to 10. Up the weight and start back at 5 reps.
Don’t forget to run a half mile, or more before hand. Use freeweights whenever possible.

I’m not your bro.

Words fail me.

/thread

[quote]Dr. Blok wrote:
So you wanna get the most bang for your workout buck, without adapting to your regime and stagnating too fast. Here’s what you do bro.
(Tip, Aproximate, learn, and progress. Soon, you’ll just know what wheight to lift. always go lighter that you think, and challenge yourself constantly.)

Day 1 - Squats 5X5 @8rm load, Seated leg press 5X5 @ 8rm, Seated Leg extention 5X5 @ 8rm.
Day 2 - Arms. Bi’s 5X5, Tri’s 5X5, Bi’s 5X5, Tri’s 5X5, (Do different exercizes each set.)
Day 3 - Deadlift. Kick it. Bam! Bump it up a notch. find your 1rm. Diesel weasle! just use good form.(Protect your back. and don’t use a belt unless you are worried about a hernia. >500lbs.)

You don’t need to work out every day. figure it out based on you you feel. after a few weeks do the same thing, but add a rep until you get to 10 reps. Then up the weight and start back at 5 reps.
Don’t forget to run a half mile or more before hand. Use freeweights whenever possible.

[/quote]

If your going to put that much thought into a routine, you should put 100x more thought into a diet.

In no way is one routine going to help, I’ve got this friend doing all these routines, all these weird exercises, but, even so, he still hasn’t gotten decent gains.

So instead of saying this is the “Holy Grail”, which it clearly isn’t… consider other factors which affect training too…

Link to OP’s last thread:

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/turbocharge_yourself

Similarly awesome.

[quote]CCJDilla wrote:

If your going to put that much thought into a routine, you should put 100x more thought into a diet.

In no way is one routine going to help, I’ve got this friend doing all these routines, all these weird exercises, but, even so, he still hasn’t gotten decent gains.

So instead of saying this is the “Holy Grail”, which it clearly isn’t… consider other factors which affect training too…[/quote]

You know, that’s a really good point CCJDilla, I feel that the staples to a good diet are Oatmeal/Spinach shakes, with a scoop of Vanilla Grow! Whey, eat meat and vegtables, fruit (organic if possible but don’t worry too much.). Eat clean,(no fried, no candy, no milk) fajitas, cheeseburgers, steak, stirfry. I don’t really know how many calories I’m eating. But you can train yourself to eat enough. Try this, eat lots of tacos, and cheese burgers with water, to stretch your stomach out. Then you’ll feel hungry all the time. Take advantage of it. As for your friend, Do the basics, and do them heavy. Stick to a routine, and dont do “weird” (AKA. Gay looking) excercises.

[quote]Dr. Blok wrote:

Don’t forget to run a half mile or more before hand.[/quote]

This evening, the role of Keith Jardine in the above gif will be played by your program, while the role of Wanderlei Silva will be played by myself.

Please, oh sweet mother of pearl, please let this be a troll job. There’s so much wrong here, I literally do not know where to begin the critique.

[quote]Dr. Blok wrote:
Eat clean,(no fried, no candy, no milk) fajitas, cheeseburgers, steak, stirfry[/quote]…

Nothing fried… but eat tacos. No milk… but eat cheeseburgers. You, sir, confuse me (to say the least).

Saywhatnow?

Chief, I’m really not sure what you’re getting at here, unless, in your world, the plates in the gym are all male and you’re psychologically uncomfortable putting the big long barbell into that hole in the middle of the plates. Aside from that, yeah, I’m kinda not following what you’re getting at.

Dr. Blok
Level 0

that is all…

[quote]Dr. Blok wrote:
CCJDilla wrote:

So instead of saying this is the “Holy Grail”, which it clearly isn’t… consider other factors which affect training too…

You know, that’s a really good point CCJDilla, I feel that the staples to a good diet are Oatmeal/Spinach shakes, with a scoop of Vanilla Grow! Whey, eat meat and vegtables, fruit (organic if possible but don’t worry too much.). Eat clean,(no fried, no candy, no milk) fajitas, cheeseburgers, steak, stirfry. I don’t really know how many calories I’m eating. But you can train yourself to eat enough. Try this, eat lots of tacos, and cheese burgers with water, to stretch your stomach out. Then you’ll feel hungry all the time. Take advantage of it. As for your friend, Do the basics, and do them heavy. Stick to a routine, and dont do “weird” (AKA. Gay looking) excercises.
[/quote]

… :S … I really don’t know what to say

/thread

x2

No Troll job here. Hey Chris Colucci, Milk is an allergen, so is cheese bro. You know that as well as me. Anyone eating dairy products is subjecting themselves to unnecessary risk. So Pal, if you’re lactose intolerant, delete the dairy from your diet. But if you rely on the teachings of Dr. John Berardi like the rest of us, you will realize that the milk Product, is not contained in the bodybuilder’s diet. Unlike cheese, and yogurt which is okay (If you can tolerate it.)

. Read Berardi, dogg. Idunnevenkno (7 Habits, Berardi’s kitchen 1 & 2, and Skrawny 2 Brawny. Spend 20 bucks if you have to. If you’re not over 6’6" 113.3Kg. then Trust me.

I like to think of Dr. Blok as that guy at the gym whose always really excited, always really pepped to go lift. He’s a huge fan of eating clean, and a huge fan of PWO fried chicken, a huge fan of doing big exercises heavy, and a big fan of doing small pre-hab work. He foam-rolls and stretches sometimes, because that shit works, you know? but he doesn’t do it all the time, 'cuz sometimes you just gotta muscle-in under the iron. He wears a lifting belt, because you gotta protect your back, but he doesn’t wear it when deadlifting, because you gotta work your core. He squats, sometimes ATG, sometimes not, but he always gives it his all, and you can tell that by the accidental grunts on every third rep. But he’s always got a smile and a hurley-burley attitude about lifting that makes you feel good in the gym.

I never take his advice, but it’s always good to talk to him. Also, he’s not a creep because he hasn’t discovered SAMA yet, so that’s a plus.

Only six posts and I can see him reaching legendary status anytime now.

You know what Otep, you’re right. I am really pepped to go lift. What sometimes kicks it into gear best is the Protien and carb, Surge about a half hour before the workout. PWO fried chicken is totally cool with me. I don’t eat that clean, I don’t worry about it. It’s important that your training leads to more fun in life. idn’t it?

I Get massages from a waitress who I met. I don’t really foam roll. When I run it really loosens me up. It works good for me. I don’t wear a lifting belt, “So far so good”. But don’t get me wrong, everything you’re saying is dead on. There’s nothin’ wrong with goin’ below parallel on a squat, just don’t use maximal weight. Anytime you increase the range of motion (if you’re capable) it will benefit you. As far as the gym goes, think of yourself as a professional athlete. The people working out are on your team. Be Hurley burly!

It greatly disturbs me that apparently Blok’s post are coherent to him.

fails all round for blok

[quote]Dr. Blok wrote:
You know what Otep, you’re right. I am really pepped to go lift. What sometimes kicks it into gear best is the Protien and carb, Surge about a half hour before the workout. PWO fried chicken is totally cool with me. I don’t eat that clean, I don’t worry about it. It’s important that your training leads to more fun in life. idn’t it?

I Get massages from a waitress who I met. I don’t really foam roll. When I run it really loosens me up. It works good for me. I don’t wear a lifting belt, “So far so good”. But don’t get me wrong, everything you’re saying is dead on.

There’s nothin’ wrong with goin’ below parallel on a squat, just don’t use maximal weight. Anytime you increase the range of motion (if you’re capable) it will benefit you. As far as the gym goes, think of yourself as a professional athlete. The people working out are on your team. Be Hurley burly! [/quote]

Wait, what happened to no friend foods???

What’s with the trend of starting threads about dumb topics? Blok seems to think that he’s a preacher giving us all a service. Oh Lawdz if only we could all see the light!

Wtf, lol.

Whatever gets you through the day man.