The Herschel Walker Diet/Workout

Anyone remember Herschel Walker, the Heisman trophy winner?

According to wikipedia, Herschel Walker doesn’t weightlift. He does 2500 situps and 1500 pushups a day and eats only one meal a day in the evening of bread, salad and chicken soup. And now he’s fighting in the MMA with "Commission head physician Dr. Allan Fields, who oversaw the stress test on Walkerâ??s heart, said that Walkerâ??s heart functions better than any individual tested at the cardiac institution that handled the testing. â??Heâ??s in as fine a shape as [a prime] Muhammad Ali or any of these people weâ??ve had under our care,â?? said Fields, who has been a physician with the U.S. Olympic boxing team. â??This guy is 47 going on 22, as far as his physical fitness goes.â??

Is this the secret? Or does he do something else, something he doesn’t even know about due to his dissociative identity disorder?

I hope you don’t change your routine or diet because of an anecdote found on Wikipedia…

You ever hear people talking about how some rules don’t apply to genetic freaks?

Well you try what Walker does and find out if you build a muscular lean physique and find out if youre a genetic freak.

wiki also says that he stays at 2% body-fat year round…

ALOT of things are exaggerated

[quote]tork94 wrote:
wiki also says that he stays at 2% body-fat year round…

ALOT of things are exaggerated [/quote]

Well the routine and diet are accurate. He spoke about his ballet routines, plyometric work, and bodyweight exercises in his interview with Michael Kay on the show Centerstage. He also said he eats very little meat and mostly green vegetables and fruit and fish.

He’s also full of crap. When he was in Minnesota he was well known for eating at the team facility and at the Mcdonalds drive thru. He does do the sit ups and the other exercises but the eating stories are not true at all.

my advice is to follow that to the letter, i would say you should look more or less identical to him in around 17 weeks.

Guys, this was meant to be a joke… that’s why i said,

“Is this the secret? Or does he do something else, something he doesn’t even know about due to his dissociative identity disorder?”

Also, keep in mind he owns a fried chicken manufacturing plant.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/galleries/2002/then_and_now/walker/walker02_lg.jpg

Let’s just look at a few facts:

1. He is 47 years old and looks like he’s in his early to mid 30’s.

2. He is famous for not touching a weight, but doing push-ups and sit-ups.

3. He has stated numerous times in interviews that he eats only one meal per day.

4. Consuming less calories is in fact one way to prolong your life and look and feel good.

5. He passed his physical to fight mma with flying colors.

The rest is pure conjecture.

I can’t see anyone in a NCAA D1 program or the NFL not being required to participate in the team lifting program. He may only do bodyweight stuff now, but in his prime I guarantee he lifted plenty of iron.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
I can’t see anyone in a NCAA D1 program or the NFL not being required to participate in the team lifting program. He may only do bodyweight stuff now, but in his prime I guarantee he lifted plenty of iron.[/quote]

Keep in mind that when Walker started playing back in the day, lifting was not nearly as prevalent as it is now- it certainly wasn’t the measuring stick like it is now with the 225 test and all that.

Walker is absolutely a genetic freak who gets bigger just looking at weights. Tyson was like this too. Doesn’t mean you’ll look anything like them though.

I’m gonna love if this guy is successful in MMA so that everyone will try to start eating/training like this… then I will take over the MMA world with my amazing training and nutrition secrets! MUAHHAHAHAHA

Damn. new pic

http://readandreact.net/2011/01/20/holy-crap-at-age-48-herschel-walker-looks-like-this-pic/

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
I can’t see anyone in a NCAA D1 program or the NFL not being required to participate in the team lifting program. He may only do bodyweight stuff now, but in his prime I guarantee he lifted plenty of iron.[/quote]

Nope. Walker NEVER trained in a weight program. Not at UGA under Dooley, not in the NFL. Dooley talked about this very fact the other day.[/quote]

Yea I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that like the 1st day of team lifting Walker benched like 405 right off the bat, so the coach told him obviously whatever he’s doing is working, so Walker was allowed to follow his own ‘program’.

This all sounds extremely stupid to me. I’ve heard he also says that he often goes 3-4 days without eating at all because he’s not hungry. He is a nut case or full of sh–

Walker is THE Genetic freak. I am 42 on Monday so I have seen this cat even back in College and I can tell you 90% of the stuff said about him is true. He was one of the first NFL players to take ballet. I remember some stud players talking shit about it till he got their asses in there. They didn’t make it 30 minutes lol.

Just like Pyros Dimas, Eugine Sandow, Arthur Saxon there are just guys that are God gifted and you can NOT under ANY circumstances look at their diet and routines and try to think you are going to get the same results

[quote]Fezzik wrote:
This all sounds extremely stupid to me. I’ve heard he also says that he often goes 3-4 days without eating at all because he’s not hungry. He is a nut case or full of sh–[/quote]

He is a nut case and a genetic freak. Who knows what is true when it comes to this guy?