The Hebrew Hammer's V-Diet

Hi my name is Steven, and I have decided I am going to go on the V-Diet. My story starts in June of 2007. I had finally realized that my weight was holding me back from being all that I could be, and once I got into a 40 inch waist for jeans, I realized things need to change. I was about 6’1’’ and 240lbs. I started to greatly watch what I eat, as I limited my carbs and upped my protein. No desserts, junk food, or anything I considered bad for me.

This, along with starting to work out consistantly greatly benefited me. I was about 225lbs when I started, and by the time August rolled around I was around 195-200lbs. I looked a lot better, and while everyone said I looked great, I’m not looking for average. My mom definitely seemed to have a complacent attitude toward my weight loss and she didn’t realize why I would want to lose any more weight.

However, senior year of high school started and I started to eat junk food and whatever else I wanted again. Thing is, I didn’t gain any weight. I’m not sure if its due to my metabolism being relatively high as I’m still a kid, but I was eating crap again and stayed the same. When New Years finally rolled around I decided I wanted to get back after it, and I started carb cycling for some reason. This lasted about 3 weeks, but I got down to around 185lbs.

Then I decided I needed to add some more mass, so I started taking cell mass (form of creatine) and begain a mini bulk. I ate semi dirty on this bulk, but not completely terrible. I also becaome stronger. My bench went up about 20-25lbs in about a month is just one example. My squat went up but I never maxed out on that so I’m not completely sure. I’m also about 193lbs right now.

Now I’m at a point where I do have a little muscle on me, but I want to lose all the excess fat that is bothering me. I know I could continue to bulk up but I don’t want any more fat gains. I want to lean out. The V-Diet sounds like the perfect plan. Proms in May and I would like to look completely lean in my tux. (A focus of mine is my butt and thighs, as while my waist can easily handle 34-33 inch pants, it always seems tight in that area) So that is a goal of mine (along with finding a date). I am going to be extremely dedicated, and despite whatever challenges I face I’m going to not let up on this diet. I will provide daily updates on what happened that day with my diet and my experiences mentally with the diet. I start on Sunday. I hope to get in the 175lb range. Any advice is appreciated.

I will update this post on Sunday with my results with my weight in/measurements along with some pics of me.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8599/picture015eh8.jpg

Weight: 193lbs
Height: 74"
Belly/Love Handle: 36 1/2 inches
Upper Leg Right: 24 inches Upper Leg Left: 24 inches
Lower Leg Right: 15 1/2 inches Lower Leg Left: 15 1/2 inches
Chest: 37 1/2 inches
Upper Ab Area: 33 inches
Shoulders: 21 inches across
Upper Arm Right Flexed: 14 1/2 inches Upper Arm Left Flexed: 14 1/2 inches
Upper Arm Right Relaxed: 13 1/2 inches Upper Arm Left Relaxed: 13 1/2 inches
Neck: 14 1/2 inches
Waist: 36 inches

Now that you have my background along with measurements, here is my plan. The times are tenative and will change. This is what a typical school day will look like.

Also, I was going to get some HOT-ROX Extreme, but since I take allergy medicine I can’t. I bought some Lipo 6, but have read some bad stuff about gugglesterones, so I decided not to take it.

Meal 1 (7:30 AM): Whey and Casein Protein Shake
Supplements: Fiber Choice Tablets (2)

Meal 2 (Lunch): Whey and Casein Protein Shake
Supplements: Flameout (2 capsules)

Meal 3 (3:00 PM): Whey and Casein Protein Shake, Milled Flax Seed
Supplements: Fiber Choice Tablets (2)

Meal 4 (6:00 PM): Whey and Casein Protein Shake
Supplements: Multi-Vitamin

Meal 5 (9:00 PM): Casein Protein Shake, Milled Flax Seed, Natural Peanut Butter (1 and ½ tbsp)
Supplements: Flameout (1 capsule)

Workout Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
NEPA Walk: 6:30 AM-7:00AM everday at minimum. I will try and throw in a walk in the afternoon as well.

Post Workout: Surge Recover Original Flavor

I will also sip on Sciavion Xtend (BCAAs) throughout the day (2 servings in a big watter bottle).

Here is the breakdwon for everything:

Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Shake (Double Rich Chocolate)
Calories: 120
Protein: 24g
Carbs: 3g
Fat: 1g
Fiber: 0g

Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein Shake (Chocolate Supreme)
Calories: 120
Protein: 24g
Carbs: 4g
Fat: 1g
Fiber: 1g

Shake serving totals throughout day:
Calories: 1080
Protein: 216g
Carbs: 32g
Fat: 9g
Fiber: 5g

Flameout: 3 capsules a day:
Calories: 39
Protein: 1g
Fat: 5g

Milled Flax: 2 servings per day
Calories: 100
Protein: 4g
Carbs: 6g
Fat: 10g
Fiber: 6g

Natural Peanut Butter: ¾ serving
Calories: 135
Protein: 5g
Carbs: 5g
Fat: 12g
Fiber: 1g

Fiber Choice Tablets: 2 servings (4 tablets)
Calories: 32
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 8g

Total Consumption Non Lifting Day:
Calories: 1399
Protein: 226g
Carbs: 50g
Fat: 37g
Fiber: 19g

Surge Recovery (Original Flavor) On Lifting Day:
Calories: 340
Protein: 25g
Carbs: 46g
Fat: 2.5g

Total Consumption On Lifting Day:
Calories: 1739
Protein: 251g
Carbs: 96g
Fat: 40g
Fiber: 19g

I updated all my measurements. My journey is about to begin. I hope I can have some great progress! Like I said, I will give daily thoughts and feelings about how I’m doing along with other things.

Good luck HH, keep us updated! Look forward to reading about your progress.

Off topic really, but you actually LOOK like the Hebrew Hammer from the movie.

Day 1 is complete. This wasn’t really that bad. However, my family isn’t going to make it easy on me with all this junk food around. I’m gonna make it though.

1:20 PM - Casein and Whey Protein Shake
2:52-3:42 PM - NEPA Walk
4:20 PM - Casein and Whey Protein Shake along with Flameout
7:10 PM - Casein and Whey Protein Shake
10:30 PM - Casein and Whey Protein Shake, milled flax, and 2tbs of natural peanut butter, Flameout

I really enjoyed the NEPA walk. I like to listen to my ipod while I walk and just think about things going on in my life. The shakes really aren’t all that bad either, although I do already miss looking forward to eating full meals.

My stomach growled twice, but it wasn’t cause I was hungry. I guess its just missing real food. Today was weird cause I got up so late, but tommorow starts my regimented routine. We’ll see how school goes, and I’m interested in hearing what some of my friends say when they see me drinking a protein shake for lunch. It doesn’t matter though, cause its all about me.

Day 2 is almost complete. This day was harder than yesterday.

7:35 AM- Casein and Whey Protein Shake
11:35 AM- Casein and Whey Protein Shake, 2 Flameout
2:50-3:30PM - Worked out, did bench, incline, arnold press, forearms, biceps, abs. Took Surge afterward.
4:10PM-4:45PM - NEPA Walk
5:00PM - Casein and Whey Protein Shake
7:25PM - Casein and Whey Protein Shake, 1 Flameout

I’m also mixing in the fiberchoice tablets.

My friends at school didn’t seem to really mind. However, before my dinner I took my friend to Burger King and had to watch him chow away. I didn’t really have any true cravings for food I noticed. I don’t really miss it too much. I sorta crashed though a little bit, and fatigue is starting to set in. I’m not sure if its lack of sleep, me adjusting, or what.

I’m not taking a thermogenic so that might be hurting me. However, I’m not 1/14 of the way through, so thats good. Also, while its necessary, for whatever reason I don’t like the taste of Surge original flavor. I prolly shoulda gotten chocolate or something. Oh well, I recognize its value and will still continue taking it obviously. I’m looking forward to the natural peanut butter tonight.

I don’t think anyone your age should be doing a major caloric restriction diet unless obese.

I don’t think you should be doing the V-Diet as you are not very fat and don’t have much muscle. I think just working out and eating right would be more beneficial for you right now.

But good luck man.

I know what you mean exactly. However, I’m still not very comfortable taking my shirt off in public so while I’m not fat I’m not at the level I should be for someone my age. As in my background I lost a lot of weight by eating right and working out but seemed to hit a plateau. I think Chris Shugart said himself that he originally intended the V-Diet to help you lose those last few tough pounds, which I think I’m stuck on to a certain point.

Besides, its only 28 days. I think I should be able to handle it. After this I’m just going to go back to eating healthily like I did over the summer, so this is an experiment of sorts for me as well.