The Health Stack

I had a question about supplements for basic health. In about 5 months i will be playing hockey alot, working going to school and still trying to train 4 days a week so basically anything supplements or food that can give my body a boost will help.

If my diet is in check meaning im deff eating enough and getting enough vegtables and fruit everyday. My supplents at the time will be, fish oil, whey and creatine pwo and certain other protiens at other times in the day. I was considering adding, Rhodiola Rosea, ZMA, Beta 7, Superfood, vitamin c pwo and taurine pre-workout, Power Drive, and maybe just using surge also just because it helps recovery.

Its not like im rich hear so what do u think would rank most important to basically keep me from over training and being tired while also giving my ammune sytem a boost. I will also be able to sleep at least 8 hours a night

Personally, I’d think the Superfood would be optimal for your immune system. Power Drive is subtle, but has helped me fight rigorous 2-a-days with no overtraining at all. I’ve 2-a-day’d before without Power Drive and felt run down and miserable.

A good diet and lots of fish oil should be enough. If you are looking for something extra, I would go Beta 7.

I’d go Superfood, fish oil, Vitamin D3, Surge, REZ-V, creatine, green tea, Leucine and a good multivitamin.

Personally the one thing I hate to go without is Surge. I get so much more sore without it, which can distract me the next time i’m training (or in your case, during your games).

But that’s more for muscle recovery…I think Fish oil would be #1 on my list if i were going for general health. Then vitamins (a multi and maybe a vitamin D,C, and potassium supp if there isn’t enough in the multi). I tried Power Drive and it worked pretty well for me. I haven’t noticed a difference in my health with or without Superfood, but I imagine it’s pretty subtle.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
I’d go Superfood, fish oil, Vitamin D3, Surge, REZ-V, creatine, green tea, Leucine and a good multivitamin.[/quote]

thanks man ill have to go look up vitamin d3, but you would really take Rev-Z over Beta-7 or ZMA. Also could you recommend a good multi because all i ever hear is that none of them can be absorbed bu your body so i just make sure i eat enough and get the vitamisn that way

[quote]crod266 wrote:
NewDamage wrote:
I’d go Superfood, fish oil, Vitamin D3, Surge, REZ-V, creatine, green tea, Leucine and a good multivitamin.

thanks man ill have to go look up vitamin d3, but you would really take Rev-Z over Beta-7 or ZMA. Also could you recommend a good multi because all i ever hear is that none of them can be absorbed bu your body so i just make sure i eat enough and get the vitamisn that way[/quote]

The quality of multivitamins does vary tremendously so you just gotta look around until you find one that looks good. With that said, I just take them because sometimes my diet does now have the variety it needs, and throwing in a multivitamin is a good way to cover your bases as far as vitamins go; Superfood has you covered in terms of phytonutrients.

Based on what I’ve seen, I’ve been using Source Naturals Life Force One.

I would definitely take REZ-V…Beta-7 is great, too though, and has health benefits in addition to performance benefits. If you can afford it, throw it in.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
crod266 wrote:
NewDamage wrote:

thanks man ill have to go look up vitamin d3, but you would really take Rev-Z over Beta-7 or ZMA. Also could you recommend a good multi because all i ever hear is that none of them can be absorbed bu your body so i just make sure i eat enough and get the vitamisn that way

The quality of multivitamins does vary tremendously so you just gotta look around until you find one that looks good. With that said, I just take them because sometimes my diet does now have the variety it needs, and throwing in a multivitamin is a good way to cover your bases as far as vitamins go; Superfood has you covered in terms of phytonutrients.

Based on what I’ve seen, I’ve been using Source Naturals Life Force One.

I would definitely take REZ-V…Beta-7 is great, too though, and has health benefits in addition to performance benefits. If you can afford it, throw it in.[/quote]

o ok thanks alot man btw how much vitamin d3 do u recommend?

[quote]crod266 wrote:

o ok thanks alot man btw how much vitamin d3 do u recommend?[/quote]

2000-4000 I.U. seems to be a good dose

I think I remember reading a synergistic effect occurs when you take D3 with Calcium D-Glucarate. I’d have to dig it up.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I think I remember reading a synergistic effect occurs when you take D3 with Calcium D-Glucarate. I’d have to dig it up.[/quote]

what exactly does that mean haha