The Haters..

Man…sometimes I just feel like I am ready snap. Two stories:

1. Yesterday my wife and I were on the video phone with her mom, my mother in law. She saw my wife drinking something while we were talking to her:
    “what are you eating?”
    “I am just drinking a protein shake.”
    “eww, that sounds disgusting.”
    “It actually tastes pretty good, like cholcolate milk.”
    “If you say so…”

and in my mind I was saying: “maybe if you put down the fucking cheesburgers and donuts and pick up a protein shake yourself you can lose about a hundred fucking pounds.”

1. I am currently in my 2nd year of a doctoral physical therapy program. Every now and again the topic of me being in school comes up:
    “What are you studying for?”
    “Physical therapy.”
    “Oh. I was going to do that but instead I…”

Like it was easy for me to get into and do well in a doctoral level physical therapy program, that anyone who just wants to do it can.
Like “Oh, your an astrophysicist…I was going to do that but instead I am cashier at Wal Mart.”

Thats all…good to vent. Damn haters.

Venting is fun, then you just gotta get a load off (in some girl’s face preferably) and you’re good to go.

People tend to dismiss things nonchalantly when they usually have no idea what is involved in said achievment/topic/subject that is being discussed.

How many times does someone look at a person who is in shape (because they go out of their way to get to the gym, eat right, and stay commited for years on end), and say that they could do that as well, if they had the time… As if everyone else has loads of free time -lol. Damn Haters

S

Physical Therapy! Cool, I was going to do that too, until I read this thread.

I am betting ,your Mother Inlaw is your favorite person:)

this thread is stupid

[quote]pdub wrote:

Thats all…good to vent. Damn haters.[/quote]

Now you feel better.

You felt ready to snap because your mother-in-law was skeptical about whether or not a protein shake tasted good?

I would hate to see what you would do if someone didn’t start a new pot after snagging the last cup of coffee…

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
this thread is stupid[/quote]

man…i cant stop staring at that avatar. what the hell.

Like TC thread in that one Atomic Dog.

“Like hell you can”

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
People tend to dismiss things nonchalantly when they usually have no idea what is involved in said achievment/topic/subject that is being discussed. How many times does someone look at a person who is in shape (because they go out of their way to get to the gym, eat right, and stay commited for years on end), and say that they could do that as well, if they had the time… As if everyone else has loads of free time -lol. Damn Haters

S
[/quote]

Or they automatically dismiss hard work, time, and discipline as “steroids”. Happens all the time nowadays.

People tend to dismiss things nonchalantly when they usually have no idea what is involved in said achievment/topic/subject that is being discussed. How many times does someone look at a person who is in shape (because they go out of their way to get to the gym, eat right, and stay commited for years on end), and say that they could do that as well, if they had the time… As if everyone else has loads of free time -lol. Damn Haters

S
[/quote]

the sad truth…

People tend to dismiss things nonchalantly when they usually have no idea what is involved in said achievment/topic/subject that is being discussed.

How many times does someone look at a person who is in shape (because they go out of their way to get to the gym, eat right, and stay commited for years on end), and say that they could do that as well, if they had the time… As if everyone else has loads of free time -lol. Damn Haters

S
[/quote]

yeah, thats life i guess. kinda just have to learn to live with it or deal with the ramifications of telling those people to fuck off.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Like TC thread in that one Atomic Dog.

“Like hell you can”
[/quote]

yeah, good article

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Venting is fun, then you just gotta get a load off (in some girl’s face preferably) and you’re good to go.[/quote]

hmmmm…yes…who is that girl in your avatar?..

[quote]pdub wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Venting is fun, then you just gotta get a load off (in some girl’s face preferably) and you’re good to go.

hmmmm…yes…who is that girl in your avatar?..[/quote]

Seconded, where do you get these pictures from?

comparing doctoral level physical therapy to astrophysicist eh? pretty full of ourselves aren’t we. lemme guess; you give PT on the space station?

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
comparing doctoral level physical therapy to astrophysicist eh? pretty full of ourselves aren’t we. lemme guess; you give PT on the space station?[/quote]

Not so much. It was an exaggeration to get a point across -that it takes time and hard work to do well at anything worth doing well at. And often times it seems that it is just so easy for a person to make empty statements about the depth of your own achievements.
When someone says to you that they could have accomplished whatever goal it is that you have been busting your ass to accomplish it is aggravating. Regardless of whatever that goal is : physicist, PT, bodybuilder.

I can accept that. Kudos to you for not coming back with the keyboard ablaze like 95% of the jack offs that now populate this once great place on the internet.

[quote]pdub wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
comparing doctoral level physical therapy to astrophysicist eh? pretty full of ourselves aren’t we. lemme guess; you give PT on the space station?

Not so much. It was an exaggeration to get a point across -that it takes time and hard work to do well at anything worth doing well at. And often times it seems that it is just so easy for a person to make empty statements about the depth of your own achievements.
When someone says to you that they could have accomplished whatever goal it is that you have been busting your ass to accomplish it is aggravating. Regardless of whatever that goal is : physicist, PT, bodybuilder.

[/quote]

I don’t think that makes someone a hater. It makes them jealous, insecure, and probably not worthy of your anger.

As for your first example, so a protein shake doesn’t sound appetizing to someone? Where is the hate?