The Hardgainer Project?

What happened to the Hardgainer Project that was suppose to transform chosen hardgainers from this site into T-Men within weeks?  I think Berardi and Waterbury was behind this.  Was there ever results from this article or did it just not produce the results they expected and didn' post it?

Whoa, talk about creepy timing. I was thinking about this yesterday, but was afraid to ask.

[quote]Serd wrote:
What happened to the Hardgainer Project that was suppose to transform chosen hardgainers from this site into T-Men within weeks? I think Berardi and Waterbury was behind this. Was there ever results from this article or did it just not produce the results they expected and didn’ post it?[/quote]

Within weeks, you won’t get results - so that’s probably why.

I didn’t mean weeks precisley. I just meant the authors said like 3 months (12 weeks) or some short time period.

[quote]Serd wrote:
What happened to the Hardgainer Project that was suppose to transform chosen hardgainers from this site into T-Men within weeks? I think Berardi and Waterbury was behind this. Was there ever results from this article or did it just not produce the results they expected and didn’ post it?[/quote]

I would think it’s because most of the ‘hardgainers’ on this site are simply uneducated when it comes to muscle-building, and just haven’t put in enough hours in the gym to see results.
In other words, newbies.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
I would think it’s because most of the ‘hardgainers’ on this site are simply uneducated when it comes to muscle-building, and just haven’t put in enough hours in the gym to see results.
In other words, newbies.[/quote]

Not necessarily newbies, many so called “hardgainers” have been working out for a long time.

I think under-eating is the biggest problem.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Serd wrote:
What happened to the Hardgainer Project that was suppose to transform chosen hardgainers from this site into T-Men within weeks? I think Berardi and Waterbury was behind this. Was there ever results from this article or did it just not produce the results they expected and didn’ post it?

In other words, newbies.[/quote]

stop getting off topic. This is not the place for another newbie bashing. Whatever did happen to that challenge?

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
Serd wrote:
What happened to the Hardgainer Project that was suppose to transform chosen hardgainers from this site into T-Men within weeks? I think Berardi and Waterbury was behind this. Was there ever results from this article or did it just not produce the results they expected and didn’ post it?

In other words, newbies.

stop getting off topic. This is not the place for another newbie bashing. Whatever did happen to that challenge?[/quote]

How am I bashing newbies? I am a newbie myself. I was simply pointing out that when it comes to people who lack an overall amount of muscle mass, it’s usually always the same story on what they need to be doing in the gym.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
Serd wrote:

In other words, newbies.

stop getting off topic. This is not the place for another newbie bashing. Whatever did happen to that challenge?

How am I bashing newbies? I am a newbie myself. I was simply pointing out that when it comes to people who lack an overall amount of muscle mass, it’s usually always the same story on what they need to be doing in the gym.[/quote]

Ok. What he was trying to say was, that this thread was started primarily to find out “What Exactly Happened to a THE HARDGAINER Project that was suppose to be published by nutrition and training experts from this site on a few lucky chosen ‘hardgainers’”.

We are not here to discuss the training and nutritional wrong doings of hardgainers in particular. This “Hardgainer Project” was published some time ago and you must have not been here to see the intro of the article. Now I’m wondering where is the conculsion.

I think it would be interesting to see some results from the experts from this site.

This is the thread:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1415508

On 1/22/07 it was noted: “Thank you to everyone that showed interested in participating in this project. I will be contacting the chosen one soon.”

So it’s only been, what, 4 months since they even picked the guy?

You’d need at least 12-16 weeks to do something noticeable with a guy. So once you factor in
a) getting a hold of the guy;
b) doing shit with the guy;
c) writing an article and;
d) getting the article posted, you’re looking at a lot of drag time. That, of course, assumes the “hard gainer” didn’t flake out. Shit happens, etc.

Mike Roussell
01/22/07
09:53 PM
Pennsylvania, USA

Thank you to everyone that showed interested in participating in this project. I will be contacting the chosen one soon. If you don’t hear from me it means that you were not chosen for this project and I’m sorry that I couldn’t contact your personally but the response was rather overwhelming. Keep an eye out for the article in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks,
Mike

It has been about 16 weeks. I’m sure if something was going to be posted to the conclusion, it would have already been done by now. Or at least a hint saying its coming soon. Its been plenty enough time to achieve results.

Or i could be wrong they are probably taking their time making sure their clients are getting quality gains in the right manner. At least I hope things are going well.

[quote]Serd wrote:
Mike Roussell
01/22/07
09:53 PM
Pennsylvania, USA [/quote]

Um… Did you just skip over my post entirely? Although I have no insider information, I sometimes think things through. Here is the relevant part again:

You’d need at least 12-16 weeks to do something noticeable with a guy. So once you factor in

a) getting a hold of the guy;
b) doing shit with the guy;
c) writing an article and;
d) getting the article posted, you’re looking at a lot of drag time. That, of course, assumes the “hard gainer” didn’t flake out. Shit happens, etc.

Why do you expect an article already? Do you not know how these things work?

Now, it could be that the project was a fluke. I don’t know. But it has not been long, as 16 weeks is not much time to do much with anyone. Again, that assumes on the date of the post the guy immediately started the program.

More than likely, they had the guy keep track of everything he ate and how he lifted for a couple of weeks before even doing anything with him.

If you train someone who claims to be a “hard gainer,” you must do this, so you can dissect what they do and tactfully let them know they are eating and training like a pussy.

In any event, I expect much more than 15 pounds of solid weight gain (re: water, muscle, and glyogen) for the subject(s). Fifteen pounds is easy to do, as most “hard gainers” can make newbie gains, since they haven’t actually trained and eaten like a dedicated newbie.