T Nation

The Gymnast's Extended Set Back Routine

Hi all...Actually I can do 15 pull ups. My goal is 21 reps so i found "The Gymnast's Extended Set Back Routine". Im interested in this routine, but i have some questins... How many per week I can do this ? Do olny this routine within week or add something for others parts of body ?

The Gymnast's Extended Set Back Routine

Wide grip Pull-ups , as many reps as possible
10 seconds rest pause
Medium grip Pull-ups , as many reps as possible
10 seconds rest pause
Medium grip Chin-ups , as many reps as possible
10 seconds rest pause
Narrow grip Chin-ups
Rest 3 minutes
Repeat steps 1 to 8 twice, cry and curse me.

Please for answers

If you want to increase your pull-up reps look up the articles Chad Waterbury has written on here about it. I've tried his routines and they brought me from doing sets of 3 pull-ups to sets of 12 ( perfect form ) within a year.

This circuit looks solid - I'd do it every day.

As often as you can recover from. That might be twice a week or almost every day.

Do you only want to do 21 pullups or do you want to be strong and look good? Either way, doing some more work certainly won't hurt.

I've tried both. Waterbury's stuff is definitely better for increasing max reps; the other one is basically one long, mechanical dropset - not ideal for what you're after.

ofc i want look good:) but my real goal is 21 reps soi dont care much about how i will looks like... can you give me link to that workout you said ??