The Guilt from Missed Sessions

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:
Oh dude if you are at that level dont listen to me - I am just a microsoft excel jockey with a strength hobby that I take more seriously than my life really warrants haha.[/quote]

Dude, I’m a 94 lifter with a comp best of 240 and training lifts of 265. I’m not even the strongest 94 in my club. My progress has been April 2010 80/100, April 2011 100/120, April 2012 120/145. I really want 140/160 by April 2013, but I’ll have to get stuck in. Broz seemed to think it was possible. Euro qualifer for me would be 330. Want to hit it before I’m 33, that gives me 10 years in the sport,

Tork- I’m not such a believer in talent, I think it can play a part but I have always thought effort trumps it. The book ‘Bounce’ is worth a read if you’ve never read it.[/quote]

U can not believe in talent all you want, but some where out there are men who are just born freaks who could come in to the gym and lift more then most people could do after actually training for years.
[/quote]

How many guys do you know that can jump over 36inches?

Hard work does not mean you some people will EVER jump at least 32inches…and 32inches is not even a crazy high number but a very respectable number. 36inches is MUCH higher and some people will literally NEVER get 36inches if their life depended on it.

Some standards yes, but others no. 26inches, yes you can train to do that, but from 26 to 32 is a no go for a lot of people. Some people will have the ability to do it, but others not.

Strength is much much more trainable than RFD and why you can improve your strength a lot more than your vert.

Koing[/quote]

Do you mean box jump or jumping up vertical thing?
[/quote]

Vertical jump.

Koing

I’m not saying Ed can’t make 300+ as I think he can.

I’m just saying for A LOT of people they will not total a modest 120/145…why? Because it wasn’t that they didn’t train hard enough or that they may or may not have trained as optimally as they could, which is hugely up for debate :stuck_out_tongue: but because they didn’t have the genetics for it.

I completely believe training hard a person should be able to do 100 120 given enough time and training, but to hit xxx for some will be an impossibility. No way I believe with hard work and dedication a person ca hit 145 175…no f0cking way. You need that extra edge and they are very modest lifts as well btw. No where near a monster 360-400+!!

Yes train and enjoy it and go as far as you can, no one is saying don’t.

No one here is remotely a full time athlete.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

Koing[/quote]

Thanks man. I have some questions for you…I totaled 240 at this years English, does that qualify me for 2013 or do I have to lift it after Feb 2012? I know I have to do a local meet but its debatable if I’m going to be able to snatch with hook grip before the end of the year. I’d ask BWLA but their awful at responding to questions.

Secondly, how much of a bag-ache is it going to be to commute from twickenham (sp) to the ExCel?

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

Koing[/quote]

Thanks man. I have some questions for you…I totaled 240 at this years English, does that qualify me for 2013 or do I have to lift it after Feb 2012? I know I have to do a local meet but its debatable if I’m going to be able to snatch with hook grip before the end of the year. I’d ask BWLA but their awful at responding to questions.

Secondly, how much of a bag-ache is it going to be to commute from twickenham (sp) to the ExCel?[/quote]

You have to do it at a comp after it. You can’t use the same comp to qualify for the same comp nex year.

You are suppose to do your regional comp as well but bwla have let lifters off with a dr note (bs). They have also let lifter who haven’t actually qualified compete as well. When I mean not qualify I mean not compete at all and not miss the total by 5kg or so…

It’ll take 20-25mins to Waterloo then, 20mins on the jubilee line then you will need to change from
Canningt town to the dlr and dlr to custom house. At least 9ins IMO or longer an you will have 70,000 going to the excel along with 100000 odd going o Stratford on the jubilee line!

Travel is going to be crazy…

Koing