The Good Stuff in Life

This political season is the slimiest, grossest expression of what the lowest of humanity has to offer.
I think we need a break, hear some good news. See people who are doing good things, restore a little faith in humanity. So I want to dedicate a thread to the good things. People helping each other. People being nice instead of crude or mean. I don’t expect this to be a popular thread, but what the hell. We need to smile sometimes…

This is a sweet story:

Amid the most horrible tragedies, occasionally there is hope:

1 Like

Here’s my woman, at the Housing Project, teaching the youth about growing vegatables and having a healthy diet.

4 Likes

Terrific idea, @pat.

I see two ways we can enjoy this: one, sharing uplifting or positive stories from the news…and two, just sharing some fun personal experiences? From the news…I love stories like this:

For the personal side: it was a hell of a week for me at work and for my wife (show week), so we’ve barely seen each other for the last few days except getting in and out of bed. Tomorrow, we both have a whole day with absolutely nothing to do, and we’ll do our version of “the perfect (lazy) day” - sleep in, get a cup of coffee, read the paper, go out for a nice long run on the local park trails, take a hot shower, lay around under blankets and watch some football, split a bottle of wine and cook a great dinner (we’re thinking duck legs and some sort of fall root vegetable).

For me, that’s the “good stuff” in life.

3 Likes

I like the idea. It can be whatever we want it to be, as long as it’s positive. Enjoy that lazy day.

1 Like

We have some really nice parks and trails around here, huh?

That is where I do the vast majority of my recreation.

Sure do. I’m not sure what part of town you’re in, but I’m in the city (near Pitt & CMU) so both Frick Park and Schenley Park are frequent running trails for me & my wife. They’re especially gorgeous in the fall once the leaves start to turn. Some of the riverfront trails are pretty decent too.

I know there are some other really nice ones outside of town…haven’t explored them as much, I did get a cabin in Moraine State Park for my brother’s bachelor party a few years back, that was a pretty awesome place as well.

1 Like

I’m in the south hills. I haven’t spent much time in the city, but have been through Schenley park a couple of times. If you also like biking, you can take the rails to trails all over the place. It’s a huge network of retired railroad bed.

Me and the kiddo out in the woods hunting mushrooms/hiking. Little bunch off sulphur shelf.

I love getting out and running around with him. It’s like rediscovering the world all over again.

6 Likes

People enjoying the work of Progressives and Urban Planning Bureaucrats like Frederick Law Olmsted Jr and Edward Bigelow!?

Some Ivory Tower dudes 100 years ago, making life better today.

1 Like

Beautiful in many respects. You’re a lucky man, sir.

1 Like

Thanks very much man!

Okay, this is just too cute:

2 Likes

Father-son moment:

The shirt is clearly not accurate…

6 Likes

The shirt makes the moment!

1 Like

LOL! I was just thinking, we couldn’t look more different if we tried. You’re all clean shaven and I have long-ass hair and, until recently, a bushy beard. I trimmed the beard so it’s not bushy anymore. Everytime I threaten a haircut, my wife doth protesteth.

1 Like

Funny you should mention this.

I prefer a clean-shaven, short-haired look and feel. I typically get my hair buzzed (short, but not all the way down to the skin) every 4-6 weeks, occasionally letting it go longer in the winter when the weather is cooler.

But whenever my hair grows a little longer, my wife always adores it and wants me to keep it long.

Women, right?

Ahhh, let it rip… Grow it down to your knees. It takes 10 minutes to cut it off if you don’t like it.

I’ll raise you one cute baby picture. This is my niece, I love her lots and lots.

It’s from Christmas time and it was her first Christmas. A good time was had by all. It was the one year I actually didn’t hate Christmas. Which sounds weird coming from a Christian, but typically not a fan…

And of course, the contrast between your clean cut-ness and my, not so much… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Too cute…

That’s awesome, Pat!

1 Like