The Good Samaritan

This past month there has been nothing but violence and negative stories within the media and I am getting tired of reading it all. We need balance! This thread is for people to post positive stories that they have witnessed, read or done themselves to help people out.

I live in Canada and for me I have a job that gets me by. In my city there are some homeless people. I often buy them sandwiches when I come out of 711. It costs me $5 that they didn’t have. I bought some homeless guy sleeping outside of Walmart a MacDonalds meal when I was done shopping.

Last night I bought a guy’s MacDonalds when he was behind me in the line up for the drive through. I sped off like I would imagine Batman would never to be seen again.

That’s why I quit watching tv.

I have a dog that is as smart as some humans.

I am thinking of running him for president.

I bought dinner for a single mother and her son. When I heard the boy say, “Mom I want a coke.” Mom said, “We can not afford that right now.” I asked the waitress for their bill and left before they were finished eating.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I am thinking of running him for president.[/quote]

Wish I had enough time for a dog to not neglect him/her.

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I am thinking of running him for president.[/quote]

Wish I had enough time for a dog to not neglect him/her.[/quote]

I didn’t have time either.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I bought dinner for a single mother and her son. When I heard the boy say, “Mom I want a coke.” Mom said, “We can not afford that right now.” I asked the waitress for their bill and left before they were finished eating.[/quote]

That is awesome. She must have felt so grateful for it.

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I bought dinner for a single mother and her son. When I heard the boy say, “Mom I want a coke.” Mom said, “We can not afford that right now.” I asked the waitress for their bill and left before they were finished eating.[/quote]

That is awesome. She must have felt so grateful for it. [/quote]

Have no clue, nor do I want to know. Random Acts of kindness are just that.

X is on to something here. Despite what the media and mainstream news want you to beleive, there is more corporate givings and acts of philanthropy than corruption. There are more people giving to charity than those who steal. There are people saved from harm everyday(ask any EMT/Fire fighter). As Dmaddox labeled it, there are more random acts of kindness that happen all around you. None of these things sell or get as high ratings as the negatives so they go unnoticed.

EDIT- These acts/donations NEVER go unnoticed by the person or organization that receives them which is the only thing that matters and why you should do them.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
X is on to something here. Despite what the media and mainstream news want you to beleive, there is more corporate givings and acts of philanthropy than corruption. There are more people giving to charity than those who steal. There are people saved from harm everyday(ask any EMT/Fire fighter). As Dmaddox labeled it, there are more random acts of kindness that happen all around you. None of these things sell or get as high ratings as the negatives so they go unnoticed.

EDIT- These acts/donations NEVER go unnoticed by the person or organization that receives them which is the only thing that matters and why you should do them. [/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

that’s beautiful. Seriously, I fucking love that.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

that’s beautiful. Seriously, I fucking love that.[/quote]

My parents were divorced when I was a kid. I had the ability to live with both since they lived so close in proximity. Other families do not have that luxury, so my heart breaks for them. I do not do it often, but if the opportunity presents itself then I will do it.

I am going to go Biblical on yall so I apologize in advance. The Bible talks about the widows and orphans. I look at single mothers as widows, and I want to help them out.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

My parents were divorced when I was a kid. I had the ability to live with both since they lived so close in proximity. Other families do not have that luxury, so my heart breaks for them. I do not do it often, but if the opportunity presents itself then I will do it.

I am going to go Biblical on yall so I apologize in advance. The Bible talks about the widows and orphans. I look at single mothers as widows, and I want to help them out.[/quote]

well as far as I’m concerned mate if you and I ever meet in real life you drink for free.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

well as far as I’m concerned mate if you and I ever meet in real life you drink for free.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I can drink a lot.

I’m Scottish mate, you may have met your match.

I told my girlfriend your story and she thought it was so nice she started crying

You double whammied that if you left a good tip for the waitress too (it seems like you would), as I’m sure that mother’s might not have been as much if she is struggling financially.

I live in Moore OK and there are way more volunteers to help with the recent damage than needed, there are more people offering their homes to people who lost theirs then they need to house them and businesses are offering 0% loans for storm shelters and home/car repair. The entire city instantly mobilized to help everyone who needs it. The news might focus on assholes but in reality they are less than 1% of the population.

Dont live in towns and cities if you want to keep your soul for longer than a decade.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I am going to go Biblical on yall so I apologize in advance. The Bible talks about the widows and orphans. I look at single mothers as widows, and I want to help them out.[/quote]

I’m not religious, but I agree 100% about the single mothers, or even mothers who’ve got a child/children who just so happen to be by themselves at the moment.

I was at a very busy airport fast food restaurant once sitting at my own table (that happened to seat 4). About 10 feet away from me was a mother holding a tray of food, a bag, and had another slung over her shoulder looking for a place for her and two children to eat. I asked the elderly couple at the table next to me if I could join them at their 4 seat table so the woman could have a table to sit at. The woman thanked me a handful of times (and once more when I left the restaurant) and looked so relieved.

Whenever I get a parking ticket, I save the little envelope it comes in. Every once in a while, I’ll put a $20 bill with a post it that says “Just kidding, have a nice day!” in the envelope and stick it under someones windshield wiper.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Whenever I get a parking ticket, I save the little envelope it comes in. Every once in a while, I’ll put a $20 bill with a post it that says “Just kidding, have a nice day!” in the envelope and stick it under someones windshield wiper.[/quote]

That is pure evil

…and beautiful at the same time.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

These damn onions…