T Nation

The Gironda System - Cutting?

Hi, new guy here, Long time reader, I’m a known member at the other site (Don’t wanna get banned), but a new member here. Big fan of Biotest products as well (Thank you).

Anyways, I’ve been reading alot of Christian’s articles, a true inspiration indeed, and I’m following his refined physique transformation plan. I recently read the Gironda System:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-092-training

I’ve been following it this week, only difference I’ve done is drop the leg days to once a week, instead of twice. Everything else is to a T, and I’m wondering if this is a good plan to follow trying to drop bodyfat from 25% to 12% I’ve got about 4-5 months.

My caloric intake is about 2100, with a carb load once every 14th day of 150g.

I’m 20, 6’0, and 205 LBS.

Thanks!

Gironda’s workouts are great as well at Christian’s spin on them. But man 150 gram carb load every two weeks? Gironda licked to do 3-5 days then a large carb meal, others will go 5-14 days but then have a large carb up, you are doing the extreme end of both.

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
Gironda’s workouts are great as well at Christian’s spin on them. But man 150 gram carb load every two weeks? Gironda licked to do 3-5 days then a large carb meal, others will go 5-14 days but then have a large carb up, you are doing the extreme end of both.[/quote]

Agreed with all accounts.

I’m sure you’ll make wonderful progress if you follow the workouts as written. The short rest periods should work very well for your conditioning and for bodyfat reduction.

I would carb up more often than you are suggesting. As stated, Gironda would go three days no/low carbs and then one carb day. Repeat.

CT has advocated the high/med/low carb days diet with many of his clients so that is an option to. There was an article recently where someone asked the writer what his idea of high/med/low was (I think it was the Coach Dos Medios interview article), and he gave suggestions in the discussion forum. Might be worth a look.

I also agree, I’ve decided to follow the program with a Ketogenic diet approach, carbing up every week, at around 500g of carbs a week after my last workout of the week. I think this should be better for this 10 week cycle, once I lose some bodyfat, I can get on CT’s RPT plan, and lose the remaining bodyfat.

Thanks guy!

I absolutely love Gironda and followed his 8x8 program the last 10 weeks leading up to my last competition.

I highly recommend reading “The Wild Physique” by Vince Gironda as well.

Olesya

[quote]Olesya Novik wrote:
I absolutely love Gironda and followed his 8x8 program the last 10 weeks leading up to my last competition.

I highly recommend reading “The Wild Physique” by Vince Gironda as well.

Olesya

Great book!

I also have original copies of the Vince Gironda Files 1 and 2 and his big arms pamphlet. Good stuff!

Anyone know if Gironda ever had a cutting program? I know he always suggested his systems, such as 10x10, and 8x8, 6x6, and always said cutting was 95% nutrition.

But this program is definatly kicking my ass, I feel muscles I havn’t felt in years, lol. With my caloric intake at 2000 doesn’t seem much at all for a program such as this. But I’m doing it either way.