The Game is Afoot (CL)

Sadly I am not yet dedicated enough to lift in the sleet.

Maybe my marbles are coming back?

Could do a few push ups inside. Just something little every day girl.

1 Like

Ewwwwww! :rofl:

3 Likes

Jed and I alternating

PVC pipe
Dislocates
Upright rows
Windmill

Med ball throws
2 sets

Standing DB OHP
3x5

Goblet squats/BW squats for Jed
3x5

BP
3x5/bar

DB DL
3x4

Ring rows

Airdyne

When I asked him of he had fun… “remember, I am only doing this to help you”

16 Likes

i'm back

4 Likes

Dont even know how/why I read this, but by God that is sooooo damn true I just had to post a ‘yeh that’s right.’

Take care!

1 Like

FOR THE WIN!

2 Likes

A little foreplay to get things in the mood until I come up with an actual plan of attack.

Jed sit this one out. I think his hands are pretty sore from yesterday. We did have good game of paddle ball yesterday evening as well.

PVC pipe
Upright rows
Dislocates
Windmills
Etc…

Slow circuit
3 rounds
Walking lunges
Med Ball OH throws
Facepulls

Incline DB
3x10/15s

Leg ext
3x10/25

Ring rows
3x10

Ham curls
3x10/10

Lying leg raises off bench
3x10

Airdyne
5 mins

30 mins flat from start to finish.

15 Likes

Glad you’re back at it. I hope you’re feeling much better than before.

Thanks Bagsy! Not sure how the end of the week will go because the weather is going to be a factor.

1 Like

Please don’t send me any cold weather. I just got over a 6 week awful cold.

1 Like

They are predicting 38 for the high Thursday with possible snow/mix. Not sure how far south and east it will venture.

Happy to hear you are getting over your cold.

1 Like

Join me in doing the Simple Deadlift Plan! It’s a 16-week program but only requires one day each week for 16 weeks. With my wonky schedule and moving-target goals, I figured I can commit to a plan that only requires adherence once every seven days. It gives the sort of non-restrictive structure I need to stay consistent while having adjustment room. Plus, it’s weekly deadlifting :grin:

I found my 1RM max the first week of January and began the program last Monday. This is week two. Every fourth week is a break from deadlifting. If you take a week or two to reacclimate your body to lifting then find your max towards the end of the month, you can start your first month when I start my second. We can compare notes and encourage each other. Food for thought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Snow. Jeez. I’ve been teasing NHLFTR about that stuff forever.

Checking in again. How goes it?

1 Like

…at least post in the What Are You Reading? thread -you’re the only TN person who reads the same type of stuff I do LOL!

Serously, I am having trouble with motivation to hit the weights as well. But the male macho vanity, plus the endorphins post workout, have kept me going, fingers crossed…

And remember, even one workout per week can help you maintain a surprising amount (most?) of what you already possess. Make it easy on yourself until the motivation comes back. My .02.

2 Likes

Thanks TnT! Things are okay. Training not so much. The weather has just not been cooperative. Still haven’t found that fricking drill.

How are things going in your world?

2 Likes

Lol! Haven’t read anything to brag about lately. I binged most of a cozy mystery series. 13 books!

I slogged my way through the new James Rollins fantasy novel, The Starless Crown… 22 hours of utter nonsense! Do not recommend. The narrator gave it all she had to try and save it, but alas… it was awful.

The weather has mostly been the hold up lately. The weather people missed this week by a mile. Another cold front just blew in about an hour ago. That coupled with little motivation is a bad combination, but Imma getting there.

2 Likes

Impressive! Pray tell…

To be honest, I’m reading the 2nd Flavia deLuce novel whenever playing with my cat, but I’m mostly binge watching House these days -he’s a kindred spirit, not the brilliant doctor, the misanthrope LOL!!!

1 Like