The French Haven't Forgotten

http://www.consulfrance-atlanta.org/article.php3?id_article=1126

The French haven’t forgotten the sacrifice made by US soldiers to free them from Nazi occupation. 2500 French people joined together at Ohama Beach, Normandy on July 4th 2007 to honor the fallen soldiers who died on D-day and after to help liberated them.

That makes me smile. Not because we saved them, but because they still have the respect and the appreciation to honor our lost soldiers. I really respect that since they don’t have to formally present that, yet they did and with big effort. I’m sure that our vets of that war respect that as well.

Wanna know something sad? Had I named this thread ‘The French HAVE forgotten’ it’d have a LOT more views.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Wanna know something sad? Had I named this thread ‘The French HAVE forgotten’ it’d have a LOT more views.[/quote]

Focus on the positive. People are still actively remembering the sacrifices those before us made, that is what is important.

Good post.

Yes, I find it ridiculous the bashing that europeans get from certain quarters because they, europeans, oppose certain US policies.

I lived in Italy for 5 years. One time I was on vacation in a rural part of the country where the people had little contact with foreigners.
The driver heard my accent and asked where I was from. I told him the United States.

I was shocked when the whole busload of people cheered at my words. Someone explained to me that it was because of the memory of the american soldiers who had helped in the liberation.