The Freedom Caucus

So first it was “homeless people are stupider than average Americans based on IQ”. I point out that a) mental health issues have an impact on IQ, b) education has an impact on IQ and c) IQ is not a bullet proof test and has many other issues…

and now it is “homeless people are stupider than people who are rich entrepreneurs”. Nice moving of the goal posts.

Also in recent news, basketball players are tall, and career scientists generally have high IQs.

2 Likes

No, there is degree inflation because we have lowered the standards of education progressively, not because “education is a lie”.

If you have a problem with iq then there’s really no point continuing this discussion.

But IQ is set in stone by around age 18 (barring disease or head trauma)

No, let’s back up before that - you literally post hundreds of cites/articles in support of your claims, and without fail, someone reads the actual article and there is no substantive support for your claim in the article, and in some cases the article hurts/refutes your claim.

This is a fact.

So, I ask again - are you incapable of reading?

2 Likes

Absolutely 100% false. That’s the entire bloody point we’ve been trying to make. BESIDES WHICH ‘homeless people’ have a 10x higher incidence of disease, which would easily skew IQ test results. So that example still doesn’t help you.

Seriously…just no.

Hey guys!

I would ask that you start another thread on IQ, education and homelessness.

I’m sure that something related to the Freedom Caucus had a thought come to someone; but this has become a classic Thread Derail!

(Good topic! But can someone start another thread?)

3 Likes

There are ways to ameliorate income inequality besides barring poor people at the border. And let’s not forget, the vast majority of those poor folk come to work–to do the jobs the rest of us are reluctant to do. (I’d be happy to pick lettuce for a living, but you’re not going to want to pay the price the grocer would have to charge in order to compensate me for doing so.)

You already fired that gun, and it missed the mark.

I can’t begin to tell you how silly it is for you to draw that conclusion.

If your point is, young men who come from no money have a hard time handling sudden wealth in a manner that best meets their long-term interests, I will happily agree. But that doesn’t mean they’re “stupid” and/or “lazy.”

Again, mega-silliness. You are conflating correlation with causation.

You mean, smarter people have better employment opportunities than do less-smart people? Color me stunned.

The silly season has definitely arrived in PWI.

Ah yes–‘JFK was a supply-sider.’ Another conservative canard. In that regard, if you would be so kind as to remind us all what he cut the top marginal rate from and to.

Edit: Will drop the subject, per @Mufasa’s request.

1 Like

No problem. I don’t want to rehash this again in any case. Let’s get back to politics.

Speaking of,

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/26/politics/poe-resigns-freedom-caucus/index.html

Alright I could continue but I’ll drop it

Not so silly. When is the last time that a democrat President offered a tax cut? Answer JFK back in 1960. That means that for the past 57 years all democrats have wanted to do is raise taxes on the job creators. The silly season begins when a democrat is elected to the Presidency!

Obama cut taxes–just not on you.

And you still haven’t shared with everyone the specifics of JFK’s tax cut.

As for the Freedom Caucus, I think it shows that republicans unlike democrats do not walk in lock step saluting their leader right or wrong.

The DNC tried mightily to fix the nominating process that was exposed by Wikilleaks. On the other hand the republicans ran a legitimate primary. So legitimate that an outsider won the race.

The Freedom Caucus is ultimately good for the party and good for the country.

I disagree.

Anybody who is never willing to compromise and actually govern, and thus hurting the people they are supposed to be governing, is not a good thing. Doing nothing can have consequences.

I do not think the Freedom Caucus does any good other than grand standing for their base. They are the Bernie Sanders of the right…unrealistic ideas (ideals?) that would never get majority support.

1 Like

ED, stop the games. Firstly, this discussion is about taxing the job creators, the ones who help grow the economy. The small business people that the left uses when they CONSTANTLY resort to using class warfare.

Secondly, you are wrong once again. Obama did in many ways raise taxes on the middle class. You know the only ones he even tried to help were welfare recipients and those on food stamps.

“In 2013, most Americans had a good bit less money, after adjusting for taxes, than the year before. That’s because in 2013, a huge tax increase affecting ordinary workers took effect, raising the employee payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent. A worker earning $50,000 a year saw disposable income decline by $1,000.”

This would be an valid (and opposing) view of the Caucus and it’s actions (this appears in one of the above articles):

“Freedom Caucus members need to understand that they are not in the opposition anymore. In the opposition, you can vote to repeal Obamacare 60 times without giving much thought to what comes next. But governing is different. Governing is messy. You have to make compromises and concessions. The goal is not to support the most conservative legislation; it is — to paraphrase William F. Buckley’s famous rule — to support the most conservative viable legislation that can win.

"Freedom Caucus members had a chance to repeal the individual mandate and the employer mandate; transform Medicaid; end $1 trillion in Obamacare taxes; expand health savings accounts and defund Planned Parenthood. Instead, they chose to keep Obamacare intact".

3 Likes

Not quite as Bernie Sanders folks now pretty much control the DNC. The democrats are now the party of the wacky left

And the GOP is the party of…what???

I’ve already acknowledged that small-business owners need to be ‘handled with care’ when it comes to taxe policy.

Obama made permanent the (sunsetting) Bush-era tax cuts for everyone except those earning ~250K. That’s a tax cut for the majority of working Americans.

They are the ‘party of yes/no’–simultaneously the governing party as well as one of the opposition parties.

Its just the Teabaggers with a new logo…Big deal
They just say no to everything they have no ideas not to mention brains… Its the Wallmart Nascar party… I think those mouth breathers are still worried Obama and his negro army are coming to take there gunz away
what a bunch of dipshits