The Freedom Caucus

Agree 100%, Aragorn.

I have always had a problem with the “political” definition of “rich” (and yes, Zeb…BOTH sides play the same game…).

The small business owners that I know work damn hard…take on a LOT of risk…don’t have some “golden parachute” severance package waiting for them…and seem to work 24/7-365.

They are also the true “engines” of the Middle Class.

It seems like the tax incentives and relief should be directed more at them than the huge Conglomerates.

To me it just makes common sense.

1 Like

Can someone please tell me what the Hell Trump is doing?

Is part of “The Art of the Deal” alienating everyone who doesn’t always agree with you?

The Freedom Caucus can turn out to be his greatest ally…or his worst nightmare…

One more question:

How many of you see BOTH Priebus and Bannon lasting the whole four years?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

[quote=“EyeDentist, post:60, topic:227707, full:true”]

Immigrant and minority are not synonyms.[/quote]

Immigration greatly increases the minority population. Point still stands.

First of all, you completely and utterly ignored the fact that poor people do not bother to work more hours even when the opportunity presents itself. Secondly, you didn’t back up the assertion above.

Now I am going to show you two more examples of how poor people are poor because they tend to be stupid and often lazy.

In the 90’s Oprah started a charity where she spent million+ dollars to directly take 100 Chicago families and move them out of public housing by making them self-reliant. Of those families, 95 were back living in public housing 2 years later.

BTW here are my two favourite snippets from the article:

[quote]

“Even though we carefully screened them, there was the mind frame of entitlement,” Blanco, of Hull House, said. “We had to keep emphasizing that this is not about what you get. This is about what you do.” [/quote]

[quote]
The misconception that Winfrey simply would pay people’s way out of poverty proved so prevalent that the application forms noted “We will not buy a home for you.”[/quote]

Unsurprisingly they just wanted free shit for doing absolutely nothing.

On top of that your assertion is not only backed up with anything, it’s plain wrong. Professional athletes in the NFL and NBA retire with millions of dollars, yet most file bankruptcy within a few years of retiring.

[quote]

• By the time they have been retired for two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.

• Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke. [/quote]

The fact that the minority population increases is a concern only to people such as yourself.

You presented no evidence in support of this assertion, so I felt no need to respond to it.

Don’t bother with attempting to make an argument via “examples.” Argument from anecdote is by-and-large pointless.

2 Likes

Fine, if you think that the top 1% should pay the lions share of taxes. I guess you and Chuck Shumer think that stealing (taxing) even more money from those who produce the most is a good idea.

I respectfully disagree.

[quote=“EyeDentist, post:65, topic:227707, full:true”]
The fact that the minority population increases is a concern only to people such as yourself.[/quote]

^cognitive dissonance is kicking in at this point. Your stance of pro-immigration and wanting to reduce income inequality are contradictory positions. Once again:

Non-Whites are disproportionately affected by income inequality and the majority of immigrants coming to America currently are majority non-white. Therefore non-white immigration worsens income inequality in America.

[quote=“EyeDentist, post:65, topic:227707, full:true”]
You presented no evidence in support of this assertion, so I felt no need to respond to it.[/quote]

Again right here:

This means even when times are good, they don’t bother picking up more hours, they choose to only work 16 hours per week.

The NBA is actually a pretty decent sample of low SES men who earned heaping amounts of money in sports, only to squander it very quickly after retirement.

Anyways people who are poor tend to have lower IQs, for instance in this study of homeless people, the average IQ was 84, while the average American IQ is 99. That’s one standard deviation below the average.

http://epublications.marquette.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1104&context=edu_fac

edit: There’s also almost a full standard deviation in IQ between white women who are married/childless not on welfare compared to white women who do go on welfare

Yes, it’s just a trick…wait till you see what happens next.

Your description is spot on. But ED over there doesn’t think that we are taxed enough. He won’t be happy until the job creators are paying 95%. Is that right ED, or do you want it all?

Hillary wanted to raise my taxes an additional 5% and I told my wife and a few other confidants that if she wins and actually raises my taxes an additional 5% I am selling everything and walking away. At this point in time I am not giving even another dime to local, state or federal taxes. They have screwed me long enough. If the left wants to continue to build a welfare utopia they will do it without my money.

I thank God that she didn’t win because now I will be allowed to continue to grow my business. I will be purchasing more real estate, hiring more employees and generally helping myself while at the same time helping to build a robust economy. “The rich” are not the enemy of the state and the left has not learned that yet. But then again class warfare is what the left has always been about.

What did our founding fathers say about welfare? Not much. They said the responsibility of the federal government was to protect its citizens…that’s about it.

Whatever Trump is and he’s a lot of things he miles better than Hillary Clinton.

Two things that John F. Kennedy did as President, build up the military and cut taxes. If he were alive today he would be a republican. That’s how far the democrats have drifted left.

1 Like

God damn right! They’re just lazy and stupid:

Do you ever both to read what you post?

1 Like

Does schizophrenia negate the fact they are much less intelligent than the average American?

I don’t understand the point you’re making if any

Of course you don’t.

Mental health issues may have impact on IQ. Analogous to how Alzheimer’s robs people of their mental faculties in a slow decline into oblivion.

Not to mention the physical stress of hunger and homelessness.

Or the fact that IQ is dependent on education attainment and opportunity (NOT only on true ‘innate intelligence’). There are all kinds of issues with IQ tests, which I believe many other posters made clear to you in earlier threads during election season.

2 Likes

That’s not remotely surprising.

The author talks about multiple areas of concern so you cherry pick one that the author doesn’t even address in the discussion portion and just run with it.

But, whatever… It’s not like you’ll take a step back and use your fucking brain for once.

*I should say the author doesn’t address in terms of IQ being an underlying cause.

2 Likes

Nah, bro, da Mexican’ts score low on IQ so it must be perfect.

1 Like

Some of this is true, but it doesn’t negate the fact people who are welfare/homelesss are generally dumber than people who earn a lot.

If someone knocks you over the head and the resulting brain damage leads to a 30 point drop in IQ, you’re no longer that same person you once were. In the same breath someone with schizophrenia may be intelligent in the absence of it, but that’s irrelevant to the point being made.

Oh my fucking god…

1 Like

Wrong.

Education doesn’t make people smarter, smart people get educated.

Something like 50-70% of your intelligence is hereditary.

So, your point was false but accurate, you’re saying?

Are you illiterate?

1 Like

Where in what he wrote negates my point that rich people are generally smarter and hard working while people who are poor are generally the opposite?

By the way this is one of the biggest lies ever to be pushed upon the West. Education as some sort of panacea.

All it has lead to are hordes of people with useless pieces of paper and endless amounts of student loan debt that will follow them their whole life.

People who went to college in the past did well not because they went but because previously college was only for the smartest and most ambitious.

If people knew this there wouldn’t be a student loan bubble about to burst.

/end rant