The Freedom Caucus

What point is that?

The relevant part being-

’ “I think it’s time for our folks to come together and I also think it’s time to potentially get a few moderate Democrats on board as well,” Priebus said on Fox News Sunday, adding later: “I think the president’s disappointed in the number of people that he thought were loyal to him that weren’t.” ’

!!!

This is amazing. I literally have no idea how anything is going to play at anymore.

See below

You want to raise taxes on people who already pay a disproportionate amount of income tax

I think you need a newsflash concerning who has been making bank, and thus should be paying a larger proportion of the taxes:

So, the stated failure to pass Trumpcare was the fault of the Democrats (inexplicably), and not two days later, the whole episode means it’s time to start working with moderate Democrats.

Absurd is too kind a word to describe all this.

It could be Trump’s way of playing scorched earth policy with the Republicans.

What genuinely surprises me is that Priebus said that.

It’s like the Republican Party really is splitting into a “Trump” party and the “Tea Party” Party.

I was not a fan of the Tea Party folks and the way they handled opposition against Obama, but at least they’re actually sticking to their guns.

I wonder how the constituents will react though.

No I understand that, and again Here’s another example of how all roads lead back to immigration (minorities disproportionately make up the poor).

Setting that aside, money doesn’t just magically fall into people’s hands. Most rich people are smarter, work harder and are more ambitious while poor people are generally the opposite. Let me give you an example:

[quote]

In good economic times or bad, the typical poor family with children is supported by only 800 hours of work during a year: That amounts to 16 hours of work per week. If work in each family were raised to 2,000 hours per year-the equivalent of one adult working 40 hours per week throughout the year- nearly 75 percent of poor children would be lifted out of official poverty. [/quote]

This means even when times are good, they don’t bother picking up more hours, they choose to only work 16 hours per week.

Here’s a new flash for you. You can pick the year and the source it doesn’t really matter. “The rich” pay through the nose and have been for years.

It’s the lefts goal to confiscate as much money as possible. To build as large a bureaucracy as possible and to do so by making as many people dependent upon the federal government as possible.

It’s sickening and certainly NOT what our founding fathers had in mind.

Seriously ED we are in a mess and we are not getting out of it by using the very means we used to get into it. We need to shrink the federal government and lower taxes on ALL Americans who actually pay taxes…

You are a bright guy you know liberalism doesn’t work. It never has it never will.

Edit: It hasn’t worked in any of our states where democrats have ruled long term: New York and California to name two. It hasn’t worked in any of our large cities where the left has ruled for long periods of time. Stealing money from the rich, growing government with it and then handing it out to people who didn’t earn it and don’t deserve it doesn’t work anywhere!

Also you are de-incentivizing the smartest people from having children while encouraging the dumbest parasitical class of citizens to have more. Welfare is dysgenic.

They must keep pounding those who produce to keep their fiefdom growing raj. That’s how the left grows their base. Make as many people dependent on government hand-outs and voila millions of lifetime democrat voters.

Zeb and Raj:

The GOP controls the House, Senate, White House, many Governorships and have control of many State Legislatures.

If this last Vote said anything, it’s that it’s time to stop worrying about someone else’s philosophy that hasn’t worked; Reagan was a different time and a different place; and most importantly…shut the hell up and Govern…

2 Likes

Oh yes Mufasa republicans can change everything in two months–LOL…please stop it.

1 Like

Okay…it has to be said…that is a very cool picture.

I love animals and wild life of all kinds.

I’m off topic

Good night my friend.

The other thing that this Vote brought out was this…

People believe in change…and cutting…and reducing…and “getting people off the Government tit”…until it becomes obvious that “they” are actually “us”…and things begin to hit home.

By the way, Zeb…

The GOP had much, MUCH longer than 2 months to craft a workable Health Care bill…

3 Likes

"I’m not running to be ‘Pastor-In-Chief.’ It is not the calling of a political leader to deliver the salvation message. That is the calling of us as believers, it’s the calling of a pastor but it’s a different role to be a political leader.”

“My responsibility as president is to defend the constitutional rights of every American, to keep every American safe,”

I would not dispute that there is more income inequality now than in the 1980s. However, the economist they quote considered his “income” as the following:

I have a lot of problems with the way he excludes a great number of very significant factors. Income tax is infinitely greater than it was in the 1900s or 1920s. Economic mobility is infinitely greater. Changeover from tax bracket to tax bracket is infinitely greater. The poor people are in infinitely better straights than 100 years ago, even considering income inequality. Governmant transfer payments are MONUMENTALLY greater than they were 100 years ago (being zero).

All in all this is not persuasive to me of a catastrophic problem. I am ok with a progressive tax system, but I am not ok with the idea that the “rich” need to be taxed “more”, specifically because “more” is a nebulous demogoguing term rather than a quantitative function. The only way one could even potentially make me ok with this is by very clearly delineating the differences between small business owners–who are usually considered “rich” via income due to pass-through structure but are not actually functionally “rich” due many reasons but not least the fact that they are reinvesting so much back into their business operations (read: not hoarding into trust funds etc)–and the other people they feel should be paying “more”. I would also want to see exactly how much more they feel is “fair” and exactly how they plan to protect small business owners.

2 Likes

Immigrant and minority are not synonyms.

That is a simplistic and misleading characterization. Most rich people enjoyed advantages that most poor people do not. In short, very few rich people hit home runs, rather, the vast majority were born on third base.

I demonstrated the ballooning wealth gap in the gif. You’re going to have a hard time convincing me that the top 1% need a break.

That’s reasonable.

2 Likes