The "Free Market" Failure of the American Healthcare System

More like the governor of Vermont has taken money from the private health industry. This is the real reason it failed.

1 Like

You expect people to believe that the overwhelming majority of evidence is flawed. All showing the U.S. healthcare system in a bad light. What collusion on these studies part, all coming from different sources.

But it is taken from Forbes. So that must be taken in consideration.

1 Like

Yeah it has worked in every other country, each having different populations but somehow it can’t work here because we have a larger population. Your political ideology makes you look stupid,

A larger population means a larger tax base. Assuming people have jobs, which can be sketchy nowadays. Another wonderful outcome of capitalism.

1 Like

Did your parents have any kids born without brain damage?

So your argument is the failure of the one attempt at single payer in the US isn’t evidence against single payer in the US?

Even though it was designed by people who have built single payer for other countries?

That Hindu Cush you’re burning must be premo buds.

We don’t have the cultural or the political will to accept a 20% tax hike to go to inferior rationed care. We can do things to control costs here and the healthcare system itself can certainly be improved. But single payer isn’t coming here.

1 Like

I should ask you the same thing.

I don’t even know how to respond to someone like you anymore. It’s just getting tiresome. No one has said the US system is perfect. Literally no one. People are simply letting you know the facts related to a single payer system here versus some other country. Sorry not sorry you can’t connect the dots and think because it works in country A it will work in country B when those two countries have thousands of differences. For example, there are at least 10 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. that’s the equivalent of nearly 25% of Canada’s ENTIRE population. If you can’t understand that that will have an impact of cost then I can’t help you.

1 Like

Where did you get a 20% tax hike?

So if people pay more in taxes but pay less in healthcare computing in an overall savings. This is not good?

Healthcare in this country is already rationed. People choose not to go to the doctor because they can’t afford it.

Only time will tell if single-payer is coming here. But the momentum is on it’s side.

See below. Total taxes as a percent of GDP. To get from the US rate of 24.8 to Denmark’s rate of 47.6 would be a 22.8% increase in the absolute rate of taxation.

It would constitute a (47.6-24.8)/24.8 = 91.94% growth in taxation.

How would you like to run with that message? “We’d like to grow taxes by 92%! And the benefits will be less timely and less generous. Oh and the government will be making even more of your healthcare choices for you.”

The boil on Trump’s ass could defeat that platform.

No, my parents opted to not have any because the healthcare system in the USA was so unfair.

It’s coming; unless the federal government stretches itself too thin before that time, and the U.S. splits into pieces.

Every single day thousands of people escape the USA to find better and more affordable healthcare. I’m sure I’ve read that in the NYT somewhere… Pinch is always right.

berlin-wall-refugees

Here’s a picture of a family finding a better life! Watch for the US Border Agents good people! They will do everything in their power to keep you in!

[actually a picture of people escaping a single-payer medical communist system for capitalism and freedom from government mandates like healthcare]

1 Like

From socialized medicine nirvana to capitalist evil. Which way are these guys going do you think?

images (5)

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter. It’ll work better next time. Always.

1 Like

That’s the progressive way, isn’t it?

Socialized medicine was introduced in the USA through law in 1915 because “no country could be strong whose people were sick and poor”. Its been “updated”, “improved”, “expanded” at least 25 times since. End result: we need to do more!

Doesn’t matter. It’ll work better next time. Always.

1 Like

“Yes, like I’ve been saying, the Fixers are ubiquitous.” -pushharder

First off you make spurious assumptions by saying that healthcare will be less timely and less generous. What could be less generous than not having the money to receive any treatment?

So your remedy is to keep the system that charges abut twice as much as every other industrialized country often for worse outcomes?

But leave the healthcare choices in the hands of for profit insurance companies?

Since the momentum is on the side of single-payer we shall see. It is interesting to note that Trump has admitted several times that single-payer is the way to go. Maybe not now as the swamp has drained him instead of the other way around.

Funny how the overwhelming majorities of other countries can do it for about half the price as the U.S. and often with better outcomes.

http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian-health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/

Is this what YOU call fair? Even With Insurance, Americans Can't Afford Their Medical Bills - The Atlantic

So every country with single-payer is communist?