The "Free Market" Failure of the American Healthcare System

So when was this done? Marijuana has been legal in California for almosr 20 years. Were the Pharma co.'s interested in it then? No they fought it until they realized they couldn’t stop it. So it was time to jump on the bandwagon. Better to make some profit than loose it all. Great free-market solution dumb-dumb.

It is a much different time than that of Carnegie’s and even of Gates. Power and money are consolidated as time moves forward. Politicians are bought and laws are passed to enrich those people who already have enough. But it is never enough as greed takes over.

How is that not a free market solution?

Demand broadened. A private company provided a successful solution.

You’re like a dildo without a hole. Comically stupid looking and utterly useless.

1 Like

I looked and can’t find BK percentages in any other country. Probably because they don’t exist or they aren’t the number one reason for BK.

The U.S. may have lower taxes but pay more than twice as much as most industrialized countries.

If obesity is such a problem, why no criticism from you on the engineered food sold by Big Food? Can’t criticize your own personal Jesus.

It is too difficult for you to face up to the Big Fail of free-market healthcare so you are forced to defend the failure and wind up looking like a child.

All of which are true. But you blind fools just keep defending a system that is an epic failure. The proof is out there and you don’t have to look far to see it.

Didn’t see your spreadsheet of proof. Funny that everyone else has evidence to the contrary. For instance: US Health System Ranks Last Among Eleven Countries on Measures of Access, Equity, Quality, Efficiency, and Healthy Lives United States Comes in Last Again on Health, Compared to Other Countries Survey Ranks the U.S. Health Care System Lowest in Performance | Time

) but that seems to be the only way to lower medical costs. Oh contraire!

The egg on my face may never wipe clean. I feel so dumb.

Ya, sure…

No, they don’t. [quote=“Zeppelin795, post:184, topic:230931”]
If obesity is such a problem, why no criticism from you on the engineered food sold by Big Food?
[/quote]

Becuase I understand people make their own choices. [quote=“Zeppelin795, post:184, topic:230931”]
Can’t criticize your own personal Jesus.
[/quote]

What the fuck does this even mean? I buy local grass fed beef, am a part of a crop share program for local produce, and get eggs from chickens my mother raises. You don’t have a fucking clue what you’re talking about. [quote=“Zeppelin795, post:184, topic:230931”]
It is too difficult for you to face up to the Big Fail of free-market healthcare so you are forced to defend the failure and wind up looking like a child.
[/quote]

Yesterday, a friend of mine told me his father has lung cancer. For over a fucking month his Veterans Affairs doctor* had been telling him he has pneumonia. The doctor in the emergency room of the privately run hospital he ended up at couldn’t understand how the VA doc missed it. That’s government run healthcare in a nut shell.

*I use the term loosely.

1 Like

Because you’re fucking stupid. Literally a 4 second search and here’s Canada…

Wow, this is tough

Jesus Christ, Google fucking tells you the rate in the search for the UK

:derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp:

This is super hard stuff

You’re never going to get this, but I’m going to explain it again anyway. Ignoring the fact that you’re simply wrong (we’ve been over this), People in countries with universal care and higher tax rates, but lower healthcare costs*, be it premiums or for the actual care, only pay less because those costs are subsidized by their tax dollars. They just pay for their care in a different way than we do. Do you understand? doubtful, but who knows.

*Which are artifically controlled by the government.

3 Likes

All this does is help support my point that Big Pharma only seem interested in medicinal marijuana when they couldn’t stop it’s legalization. People have been using this as a medical treatment legally for almost 2 decades, without clinical trials in the U.S. So the public knew of it’s medicinal benefits before it was admitted to by pharma co.'s Big Pharma was afraid they would loose profits because the public had a choice. So once they realized that the public gets what they want, they decided to jump on the bandwagon in an effort to make some profit rather than none off the substance.

Where was Big Pharma years ago?

Maybe not more than twice as much but darn near close.

Cheap garbage food is designed to hook people to come back for more with it’s scientific combination of salt, fat and sugar. So to pretend they don’t have an effect is to deny reality. And do you think they spend millions on advertising if it isn’t effective? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html

And in the example (cancer)you cited above, how often does this thing happen in the U.S. system? Or are these things that only happen with government programs? Not only does Universal healthcare cost far less it often gets better results. Spending, Use of Services, Prices, and Health in 13 Countries

Are these BK’s caused by healthcare?

Even if what you say is true. Do people go bankrupt in other countries because of healthcare costs? What about the better outcomes of countries with Universal healthcare?

I’ll see you question and raise you a piece of rhetoric-

Why would you want such a villainous entity as big pharma getting involved with something potentially beneficial?

Isn’t you whole thesis on the medical establishment that big=bad and profit motive destroys everything?

I would actually like to hear how you justify the plea that I quoted with your stated position.

1 Like

It was merely showing they had no interest until they realized they couldn’t stop it then they became interested. Because it was better to make some profit then loose it to this sector.

And it is not that I want Big Pharma to be involved, it is just showing that they could care less about the public’s health when it comes to profits. Profits over people. But I’m sure Trumpcare will solve this.

Agree with a large part of your post, and I agree that the information asymmetry is a horrendous problem.

I just am not sure I can agree that it’s near impossible for a non-physician to come to grips with medical decision cost/benefit. I’m an educated guy and it could obviously be my own biases talking here, but the amount of times I’ve had to correct a general doctors diagnosis and proposed response in my own life does not incline me to believe this impossible.

A, you’re saying you have had to correct your doctor’s diagnosis/response often? Or rarely (if at all)?

Hah, oops! Poorly phrased.

Yes, I have had to correct my doc’s diagnosis multiple times over the years. As has my brother (who has no biomedical background or chemistry chops). We are both in pretty well off areas of our state, not in BFE.

1 Like