Ok let me begin by telling you my stats when i left highschool

squat 490
dead 675
power clean 255
bench 275
body weight 208
height 6’

Using the Bigger Stronger Faster program

Now im 21 been out of work out routine for a couple year. And starting to look like shit. Ive lost my pecks and have grown love handles with the 20 extra pounds Got the beer belly and need a good work out routine to get back to the old me and ripped. When i was in high school i still had a pudge when after all the extreme practices and weightlifting.Id like to see a flat stomach even wishfull thinking a six pack. If i can go cheap it would be nice but im to the point that ill try anything where ill see results.

The stickies at the top of the beginners thread is a great place to start. Read those and you should have a better idea of how to go about your goal. It sounds like you want to get strong and lose weight. Which are kinda two conflicting goals after a while. I think your best approach would be to find a basic program and get your lifting “base” back and then try to diet down. Just my thoughts, the more experienced members will chime in.

Im a really young newb, but from what i’ve been reading since I started getting serious its really all about diet as long as you are training hard. I would go back into the archives and read the articles regarding fat loss and diet.

First off, I call BS on the stats, if you post vids/pics that seem to support these claims, I will be amazed. But more importantly, why does it matter what you [supposedly] lifted in HS? How is that relevant to anything?

A near 700 pound deadlift at 210, that would be a world record bro, must have been andro in the water…

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
A near 700 pound deadlift at 210, that would be a world record bro, must have been andro in the water…[/quote]

Actually that’s possible. Not easy, but possible.

I hit a 665 DL today at 202-203 lbs, 5’7"-5’8"…obviously my height (or lack thereof) helps me though haha.

The bench seems low and the DL seems high (comparatively)… long ass arms?

If you really were that strong, OP, then do exactly what got you there in the first place. Worry about cutting fat when you get your strength back, as you’ll likely lose a lot of it in the strength phase.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
A near 700 pound deadlift at 210, that would be a world record bro, must have been andro in the water…[/quote]

Actually that’s possible. Not easy, but possible.

I hit a 665 DL today at 202-203 lbs, 5’7"-5’8"…obviously my height (or lack thereof) helps me though haha. [/quote]

Haha awesome lift!!! What I should have said is a record for that age (presuming he was 17 or 18 as a senior). 665 is huge man. I’m hoping to be somewhere around there soon, at a similar weight, just hit 500 x 10.

Only a 255lb power clean with a 675lb deadlift??? Something fishy about those numbers…

[quote]Thereal77 wrote:
Ok let me begin by telling you my stats when i left highschool

squat 490
dead 675
power clean 255
bench 275
body weight 208
height 6’

Using the Bigger Stronger Faster program

[/quote]

Bigger Faster Stronger generally uses trap bar deadlift. A 675 TBDL does not = 675 deadlift. That’s not a knock on TBDL, or this alleged 675, just sayin’

Yeah, BFS uses trap bar, and the parallel determined by most BFS coaches is a little bit fishy sometimes.