The Football Jay Cutler to the Bears

[quote]kylec72 wrote:
sen say wrote:
Farverah. Then again…he’s no Todd Collins, Mark Brunell, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Danny Wuerffel, Shane Matthews, holy shit how far back do I have to go to get to Stan Humprhies?

Well, you’d have to go through Gus Frerotte and, gulp, Heath Shuler to get there.

Let’s play a hypothetical here… if the Bears can get to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman at qb, what is possible with Cutler at qb? That’s the question the Bears probably asked themsleves and decided what they gave up to find out was worth it.

On the flip side, Denver finally found a Pro Bowl/franchise qb in the post-Elway era, and yet they decided to trade him away. Putting that aside, however, they did bring in quite the haul in the trade. They can easily trade their two 1st round picks this year to trade up and grab Sanchez. Sanchez supposedly fits McDaniels’ ideal qb, so they can let Orton and Simms battle it out in training camp this year for the starting position. Then groom Sanchez along till he is ready to start. In addition, they have an extra 3rd rd this year and 1st rd next year to work with. Denver has a lot of flexibility at this point and clearly bringing in such a young coach and trading away their franchise qb they must have some intent in creating a massive rebuilding phase.[/quote]

trhey got to the superbowl with kyle orton right?

and i agree with you about the sanchez thing…perfect fit…hes mobile like matt cassel an yes i did say cassel was mobil anyone catch a few of his 15 yard td runs…kid is good for only starting 1 year but he is over hyped he had Randy Moss and Wes Welker and that O-line been great over the past decade for brady

Orton is going to get the start and i see the broncos actually doing pretty well with him calling the shots…if they can get a few d players early on…orton and marshall should have a great year especially in that conference

[quote]thefatlineman wrote:

run first offense…and yeah i know collins made it last year even having a run first offense… [/quote]

I think Mike Mayock of NFL, or one of those guys threw out the stat that the bears throw 55% run 45%, but agreed that running is a big part of the offense. And yea they got to the superbowl with Rex.

The Bears were 14th in the league in pass attempts. They are as much a pass team as a run team. People were filling the box because of Matt Forte so they aired it out. NFL teams might say they’re one thing, but typically they just go with whatever the D is giving them.

To the guy saying the bears had no recievers. I disagree. Devin Hester made greats strides down the stretch. I was reading an article by Ron Jaworski saying how much you could see him maturing in his route running, and as a reciever. He will benefit greatly from being in the same position for the first time in God knows how long.

Cutler played with Bears 3rd round pick from last year Earl Bennet. When they were together at Vandy Bennet had a 1000+yard season. They have a great rapport and bennett will be highly productive.

The Bears have arguably the best TE tandem in the league. With explosive 1st round pick Greg Olsen, and well balanced veteran Desmond Clark

Forte can catch out of the backfield.

Cutler has people to throw to! They will find a slot out of their other four or five recievers, and will have a truly explosive offense this season both rushing and passing.

[quote]masonator wrote:
As a lifelong die-hard Bears fan, I’m not really suprised at what they did. I think Cutler is a good QB, but not what the Bears needed most. They NEED to rebuild their O-line, seeing as half of them are drawing social security by now…They usually only make good use of 1 or 2 picks a year, so the picks are irrelevant in my book.

Fuck Brett Favre.[/quote]
The bears drafted tackle Chris Williams,
just signed 7 time pro bowler Orlando Pace,
just signed browns (3 year) starting tackle Kevin Shaffer, have Olin Kreutz,
just signed althetic Frank Omiyale who can play G or T,
and traded for the buccaneers starting guard Dan Buenning

So the bears have 2 tackles who have been starters in the league. 1 1st round tackle. 1 guard who has been a starter in the league. One of the best veteran centers in the league. And a couple of guys who will be poficient @ the other guard spot. The line has tremendous depth, and a great mix of youth and talent. You aren’t a bears fan if you dont know that.

Cutler is better than a good QB. He had more passing yards this year than any QB in Bears history! Who was the bronco’s running back this year? No one knows because they didn’t have a running game. Their defense was garbage too. He won games this year. He averaged 38.5 attempts a game. On top of that he’s 25. He is an elite franchise QB. He is athletic moves well in the pocket. Can prolong the play.I loved Orton, but the Bears just got one of the best Qb’s in the league.

Oh and the Bears got Orlando Pace I know no one cares about him though

And he’ll throw to…

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
And he’ll throw to…

…[/quote]
You might be totally retarded if…you miss the post two above yours that answered your question. One of the best TE tandems in the league. Explosive Devin Hester, versatile running back matt forte. Reciever whom he has great timing with…already Earl Bennet, and then whoever they pick up in the draft in addittion to the four other recievers on the roster.

well over the years the bears have established themselves more with the smash mouth style of play…pound it and have a lock down d…last year was a bit different because forte is a special player and is a receiving threat…an before hester got injured he was making great strides…damn ive been busy my bucs are making some more trades? haha good shit…davin joseph and aaron sears were holding it down for the most part of last year…i think the bears might just take the nfc north…this season is going to be interesting…scary thought to think about cutler telling hester “Hey just go deep” lol

hopefully he doesnt pull a devery henderson and only catch them every once in a while…even tho he made progress with brees last year

end of story…Bucs #1

The fact that Devin Hester is considered a good reciever on the Bears says a lot.

^^^ truth

[quote]tkisner wrote:
masonator wrote:
As a lifelong die-hard Bears fan, I’m not really suprised at what they did. I think Cutler is a good QB, but not what the Bears needed most. They NEED to rebuild their O-line, seeing as half of them are drawing social security by now…They usually only make good use of 1 or 2 picks a year, so the picks are irrelevant in my book.

Fuck Brett Favre.
The bears drafted tackle Chris Williams,
just signed 7 time pro bowler Orlando Pace,
just signed browns (3 year) starting tackle Kevin Shaffer, have Olin Kreutz,
just signed althetic Frank Omiyale who can play G or T,
and traded for the buccaneers starting guard Dan Buenning

So the bears have 2 tackles who have been starters in the league. 1 1st round tackle. 1 guard who has been a starter in the league. One of the best veteran centers in the league. And a couple of guys who will be poficient @ the other guard spot. The line has tremendous depth, and a great mix of youth and talent. You aren’t a bears fan if you dont know that.

Cutler is better than a good QB. He had more passing yards this year than any QB in Bears history! Who was the bronco’s running back this year? No one knows because they didn’t have a running game. Their defense was garbage too. He won games this year. He averaged 38.5 attempts a game. On top of that he’s 25. He is an elite franchise QB. He is athletic moves well in the pocket. Can prolong the play.I loved Orton, but the Bears just got one of the best Qb’s in the league.

Oh and the Bears got Orlando Pace I know no one cares about him though
[/quote]

Haha not sure why you quoted me. I like Cutler as a player and I love the Bears. Just saying they waste a lot of draft picks.

Man i hate the Bears. I was hoping my Lions would get him, I know they were tryin…we were willing up to give up the number 1 pick. oh well i guess another awful season with fat ass culpepper taking snaps.

I’m a Broncos fan and I think they are going to be a lot worse off then people think. They had a good offense even with like 8 running backs on ir. That has been broken up.

They needed defense, but how are all these draft picks going to help them if they have to trade them to draft a quarterback with one year of college experience who MIGHT be able to succeed in the NFL. If they draft defense and go with Orton or Simms they can’t make full use of all their recieving talent and even with a healthier and maybe better run game the offense won’t be as good.

The defense probably won’t be leaps and bounds better immediatly either so they will suck on both sides of the ball.

I am bracing for a tough season. I hope I’m wrong and I hope Orton proves me wrong, but I forsee a lot of 20 yard passes, pretty much his max range.

I think that the Broncos messed up.

They have a shitty defense and a load of injuries last year. Cutler will probably improve at Chicago and will fight Green Bay for the division. Just my opinion.

I’m a Denver fan…oh well.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Already posted?

But yeah.

Fuck the Bears.
[/quote]

Hey, fuck you!

[quote]Free2Be wrote:
I think that the Broncos messed up.

They have a shitty defense and a load of injuries last year. Cutler will probably improve at Chicago and will fight Green Bay for the division. Just my opinion.

I’m a Denver fan…oh well.[/quote]

Agreed. I’m a Denver fan too. Firing Shanahan was their first mistake and now it just seems like a huge cluster fuck. I’m not sure what to make of this season but hey, there’s always hope.

Bears gave up a lot for him, but I think they’re the winners. Only a few guys in the league who are legitimately franchise QBs, and I think Cutler is on his way there if he isn’t already. Tough to overpay for a guy that is actually in that class. Orton is better than I thought, but he is not in the same class, crybaby Jay or not. Don’t envy him playing behind that atrocious Denver D.