T Nation

The Food Worship Thread

Alright, instead of the almighty ass worship thread (no disrespect) I'd like to see and exchange some good recipes. I love to cook and all things concerning gastonomy. I know there are people out there with some good ideas so please let's share them.

I'll start.

My Wife's Easy Italian Red Sauce (with my improvements):

Makes about 20 servings (awesome to freeze)

2 Tbsp Olive oil
Crushed Garlic (as much as you like)
64 oz peeled, seeded, crushed tomatos
(if you want to use canned tomatos I recomend two of the large Hunts brand)
1 can (8 oz)hunts tomato paste
2 Tbsp Oregano (if fresh double)
2 Tbsp Basil
2 Tbsp Parsley
2 Bay leaves
1-2 tsp red pepper flake
1 cup Dry red wine
Water for consistancy

Begin by heating the oil on medium in a pot about twice the size of the amount of tomatos (1 gallon) with a thick bottom to prevent burning. Cook the tomato paste in the oil to bring out the swetness for about 1 -2 min. Throw in the garlic and continue to cook for another minute. Pour in the tomatoe and spices and stir add red wine and i quart of water. Bring to a stiff simmer and turn to a low heat. Cook for about 4 - 5 hours adding water as needed to keep the consistancy as you like.

I like to add sausage or meatballs to the sauce as it's cooking to add flavor (I usually cook them before adding to the pot). Serve with any pasta you like.

If you keep the meat lean and don't over do it on the pasta this is a very hearty, satisfying, and guilt free meal. I sometimes eat it with spaghetti squash when I'm don't feel like carbs.

later,
LIFT

This one is a little odd, but I love it.

cooking time ~ 4 hours ideally, 45 minutes if you want a rush job

Beef/mushroom stew and oats
serves 4, but I sometimes eat it in two sittings

2tbsp olive oil
1lb top round chunks (or stew beef)
large onion
3 cloves of garlic
8oz baby bella mushrooms
1tbsp mushroom bullion (sp?)
peeled baby carrots, bout a cup/1.5c
fresh parsley (just eyeball it to your liking)
~2 cups water
~2 cups oats

in the bottom of a large pot, saute onions until they turn translucent. Chop the garlic cloves and add, cooking until they begin to brown. Add and brown the beef. After browning, add mushroom bullion and water, stirring thoroughly. Chop parsley and add to the pot along with the baby carrots. Bring to a boil, then cover reduce to low heat. If you are in a rush 45 minutes will work, otherwise cook for 4 hours (this way the beef will almost fall apart and become incredibly soft). In the last 5 minutes, add the oats while stirring. The goal is to soak nearly all the liquid up so you have a semi-solid beef stew.

When I can afford to, I want to try this with a giant leg of lamb and cook it all day.

Along the same lines, I have a beef stew with prunes that is absolutely delicious :slight_smile:

The point of the "worship" threads was images that make us drool.

That's some tasty looking Cheesecake!

Here's my contribution.

Hedo's Jerk Chicken:

3 ibs. of chicken breasts or thighs.
1 tablespoon of Walker's wood Jerk seasoning.
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper or habenero pepper ground spice.
1 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Marinate the chicken in the vinegar for about 2 hrs.

Drain chicken. Coat the chicken with the ground spices which should be mixed together. Reserve about 1/4 of them mix.

Grill the chicken breast 6 min per side on high heat until done. Thighs take less time.

Take off the grill and sprinkle the chicken with the left over spice.

This is a hot spicy dish. I grill the chicken and usually throw some hickory or mesquite onto the fire. Serve with some cold Red Stripe beer.

It's as hot as Scotchie's in Montego Bay.

In Jamaica they serve it with a brown sauce but I usually skip it to cut down on the fat. If you make a lot it lasts for about 3-4 days.

I don't need the pictures...I've got imagination. But if pictures of food get you off feel free to submit them.

mmmmmmmmmmmm......

Sweet mercy!

One-stop shopping.

^ Yummy.

But being from Atlantic Canada i need Lobster with my steak.

Chocodiles. Think of a chocolate-covered twinkie. ::Homer Simpson head back drooling:: Ahhhhhhhhhh. I haven't had one in probably 10 years, but...a guy can dream, can't he?

Breakfast of champions :slightly_smiling:

If i ever visit Texas i am gonna try this for sure.