The floor is open...

I’m doing a body transformation at work starting December 1st and ending March 1st. The problem is that I have shoulder surgery at the end of this month and will be in a sling for 5 weeks and won’t be recovered for 5 months! I’m not sure how long after the surgery I am going to be able to do any cardio (recumbent bike), but have been told by others that it most likely wont be for a few weeks after the surgery (December 12th or so). Most likely I will be able to do light upper body exercises after the second month. I have been working on my diet, workout, and supplement regime (plan) for the contest and am curious to see what my fellow T-men and women can come up with. For the first cycle I’m assuming little to no activity, medium carbs to ensure recovery, lower calories due to inactivity, and a thermogenic in order to burn a few extra calories while I channel surf. Here are my stats:
Height: 5’ 10.5"
Weight: 187
Body Fat %: 15% (but hoping to raise that to around 19% by the time the contest starts)
Background: CSCS, MFS, avid fitness reader, workout-aholic

The floor is open to suggestions…

I forgot, the point system is as follows:

1 point for each pound of body fat lost
5 points for each pound of muscle gained
-3 points for each pound of muscle lost

I’m interested to hear what you guys think.

It’s obvious based on the points system that your focus should be on building muscle with little to no effort given to losing fat unless your muscle gains level off. After all, you’re not penalized for gaining fat, but you are for losing muscle.

your a cscs and your asking us?

I thought it would be fun to get some other opinions. I don’t pretend to know everything. Besides, I designed the program and didn’t even think about the point system discrepancy. It’s always good to have another set of eyes.

strength and conditioning is not the same as bodybuilding.