The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Kgs make you lift harder because the numbers are smaller:-)

2 Likes

I will go to hell for this, but i hate training chest😲

3 Likes

Ive grown tired of the cult mentality regarding training one sees online. The whole Zealot religious mind set some people have regarding things as a whole. As of late what seems to be gaining momentum is the Full Body Vs Split training. My opinion is WHO GIVES A FUCK!! As long as a approach doesn’t violate bare basic fundamental rules…the shit is going to work.

9 Likes

Totally. The world seems to be full of arseholes who think, and will insist, that everybody should be doing the same thing in general and doing what they are doing in particular. Such is human nature, I suppose.

3 Likes

Split first, to give everything equal attention, so there are no “holes” and to build a base. Then full body, to put it all together, to move powerfully and be strong.

Full body first, to build a general base of strength and power. Then a split, to give everything equal attention, put it all together, so there are no “holes.”

2 Likes

Split, so there are no holes.

Plus, full body general exercise to constantly build up the base.

1 Like

My gf bought one as well but I’m so inflexible when I try and use it my back rounds and my penis points across the bathroom.

I refuse on principle to do mobility work so I can drop a deuce using a foot stool.

3 Likes

When no one’s at home, I go into my karaoke room and sing The Bee Gees greatest hits.

5 Likes

I actually enjoy ‘call me maybe’ by carly rae jepson and I don’t understand the opprobrium that has been heaped upon the song.

1 Like

you have a karaoke room?

1 Like

Yeah, my wife loves to sing old chinese songs on the karaoke system. They’re always about some chick whining about lost love, sadness, despair and dead puppies and they all sound the same. Fucking drove me nuts. So I soundproofed one of the rooms.

4 Likes

I miss the days when lifting was more counter culture. People under 30 and social media jaded me to lifting.

5 Likes

duuuude that is epic. I’m definitely stopping by when I visit SE Asia

1 Like

For clarification I have nothing against a Full Body approach especially for beginners.Matter of fact i think its a optimal approach in certain situations.I just get tired of all the Zealot bullshit you see over trivial things.in regards to training.

5 Likes

It still kind of is, but when your around it a lot it seems more normal, but its still not something the average person understands.

2 Likes

yeah i miss the good old days myself!

Yeah but if you are the kind of person that tracks calories, lifts consistently heavier weights, trims their calluses with scissors etc… that will always be counter culture. That involves pain. Pain will never be mainstream.

2 Likes

I only do 1 of those things.

3 Likes

I tried trimming my calluses with scissors for the first time a couple of months ago.

One of the scariest self-inflicted moments of my life. How are you supposed to do these without feeling like you’re about to slice into real flesh?

In the end, I only managed to get the absolute top part off. Then I soaked my hand in warm water for some time and got those nail-rubbing parts of the nail-clipper and went to town.

@Alpha has a video on his channel about how he does it. Pretty informative.

I don’t take my wedding ring off when I lift. Because it’s a real pain to remove and I’m lazy. So the callus right under that finger grows twice as fast as the rest. I carry a small Gerber multi tool with shears on it. When I notice that it’s grown too much I just hold the shears level and cut. If you feel pain you’ve gone too deep. It’s a mistake you won’t make twice.

The calluses on my fingers don’t seem to grow. The skin just gets tough. But the ones on my palms grow all the time. Sometimes when I’m thinking about some problem I’ll catch myself ripping them off lol. Bad habbit. Wife gets grossed out.

1 Like