The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Not yours of course :wink: And not completely disinterested…just a little less interested than if I could relate to how heavy the damn weight is! lol

2 Likes

Lbs just make everything seem heavier than they actually are and THAT’S CHEATING!

315lbs squat, that sounds reasonable. 140kgs squat, who gives a shit?
500lbs deadlift, not bad buddy. 225kgs deadlift, meh.
225lbs bench, sounds fair. 100kgs bench, sounds like something you work up to in 3 months.

It’s the same thing as inches and cm. Imagine going around telling people, hey, I’ve a 15cm penis. Now that’s just odd. Say it’s 6 inches and it seems normal, kinda. Then again, who goes around telling people their dick size?

6 Likes

Well, back in the SAMA days, you had to use a hold up a shoe or at least a Platinum or Black AMEX card for size reference.

2 Likes

Considering not a month ago, someone on this site told me their dick size…

2 Likes

Haha I’m just messing man, I can definitely relate.

1 Like

I’m glad! I was like shit, I hope @furo isn’t actually offended…I like this guy.
I’d be less concerned if it was @Benanything I was offending…

3 Likes

On a related note, there was an occasion once on a different forum where I was drunk and trying to post a picture of my dick as a repost to a rather cruel remark, but for some reason my erection wilted every time I tried to put my cock in the scanner. The way the human body works is a constant mystery.

1 Like

I know what you mean, I have the same problem the other way round. I’ve had to learn 1-6 plates in pounds so I understand better and anything over 600 I just say is very very heavy.

2 Likes

Hahaha thanks man, not offended at all! I’m generally pretty hard to offend, although having said that it takes about 20 seconds of scrolling through PWI to wind me up lol.

True true hahaha

Yeah definitely! I just know the “plate” equivalents, which isn’t entirely accurate lol:

135lbs - 60kg
225lbs - 100kg
315lbs - 140kg
405lbs - 180kg
495lbs - 220kg
585lbs+ - irrelevant

5 Likes

I usually just double and add 10%. Gets me close enough. I suppose knowing 40kg is the equivalent of 90lbs works too.

2 Likes

Kg to lbs or vice versa is pure wizardry and I confess that while looking at folk’s training logs I have to have a converter up on Google to make heads or tails of it… thanks alot sensible system of weights and measurements.

4 Likes

Ouch, I guess my feelings are hurt now, time to retreat off into my fortress of solitude.

2 Likes

Look. To convert pounds into kilos you multiply by 2.2. To convert kilos t pounds you divide by the same number. It’s not something a numerate adult should have a problem with.

Having said that, my brain burns out when I try to do that.

3 Likes

Oh shit, I got that the wrong way round didn’t I?

2 Likes

You can still edit your post shhhhhh.

But wouldn’t that be dishonest?
In my defense, I’m drunk, although I’m aware that the police consider that an aggravating, not a mitigating cirfcumstance.

1 Like

You got it right. 100 kg=220 lbs. I was about to post that conversion myself.

When Eddie Hall hit that big 500kg deadlift last year, I thought he did 1200 pounds.

5 Likes

Haha, I was aware of the conversion, but reading someones log is less enjoyable when I have to convert each lift! Just saying :unicorn:

1 Like

I bought a squatty potty. Life changing!

1 Like