The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I dunno, this is pretty bad.

4 Likes

are you kidding? Who else could look so macho in such attire?

3 Likes

I believe the best routine is the one you’ll end up sticking to and that programs should be designed for people, not directly for specific outcomes, in the vast majority of cases.

I have a habit of writing in my Training Log and uploading the videos to Youtube before eating anything after training.
Wouldn’t be too bad except I spend nearly half an hour formatting my Log posts to make them easy to read and putting the videos in.

2 Likes

Confession/rant: I don’t think 5/3/1 works for power cleans. Going for PR sets on a highly skilled and technical lift doesn’t work. I’ll concede that perhaps some of Jim’s newer stuff like Jokers could help but I’ve had better luck with this training:

Week 1: 12 reps @ 80%
Week 2: 12 reps @ 82.5%
Week 3: 12 reps @ 85%
Week 4: 10-12 reps @ 87.5%
Week 5: 10 reps @ 90%
Week 6: 8-10 reps @ 92.5%
Week 7: 8 reps @ 95%
Week 8: 6 reps @ 97.5%
Week 9: 6 reps @ 100%
Week 10: retest max

Each day is broken down however I need to do it. 4x3, 3x4, 3x2 & 2x1, 6x1 or whatever it takes to get the reps. Each clean workout is followed by equal reps of clean pulls. I just add 50 lbs to the bar and knock out the reps in the same manner.

I’m on my 6th cycle of 5/3/1 and I struggle to get the reps on cleans and lighter weights are feeling heavier than before. The program might work for others but I’m going back to my plan (for cleans).

To come clean: I don’t do any of the commonly recommended training programs. I do the exercises I need for karate class and an exercise I’ve cooked up on my own. It’s sort of a complex. It goes clean- front squat- front squat- press, so that I have two reps on the front squat for every one overhead press, as I had problems with clean and presses not hitting my legs so much. I like it, it works for me, and it’s getting results. Assistance work consists of whatever the hell I feel like on the day.

I think PWI is all drivel dressed up in nice clothes.

“Blah, blah, blah…
I’m smarter than you…
Blah, blah, blah
Random statistic I googled and act like I already knew…
Blah, blah, blah…
My beliefs and opinions are more right than your beliefs and opinions…
Blah, blah, blah…”

Who gives a shit.

4 Likes

There’s an element of that to it, but I do think it’s wise to have a little leper colony for political debate otherwise it tends to choke up the whole forum IMO.

I actually find Tony Robbins to be inspiring. This guy makes a lot of good points.

And money :innocent:

1 Like

I did my first set of high-rep deadlifts today. Hit 225 for 20 and about blacked out like a little muppet. This was my last set of the day and I was walking out of the gym when I realized I had locked my keys in my car. Turns out trying to give a locksmith directions to your gym while you’re still half way blacked out and trying not to vomit is a daunting task…

6 Likes

Hammer grip pull-ups and chins do more for my bis than curls

I am concentrating on shrinking my waist as opposed to adding size to my legs

I am excited for WrestleMania

1 Like

Goldberg and The Undertaker, in the same place, at the same time?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thank you sir, that made my day.

1 Like

When I see someone’s training log that records the lifts in kgs, I’m immediately disinterested.

12 Likes

I feel personally flamed by this…:stuck_out_tongue: / :sob:

3 Likes

I’m hungry all…the…time. I don’t get full like “normal” people.

When I’m in a moderate deficit I get light headed and get hypo symptoms. I push through these. I have to guard against losing interest in fat loss because deficits suck.

I’d honestly rather get punched in the face a few times a day to lose fat than be in a calorie deficit.

5 Likes

Would you be full after something like this tho???

1 Like

The only normal people I know that get full are fat.

1 Like

When my wife and I had this conversation she challenged me at a Chinese all you can eat buffet. I ate 19 heaping plates (they had a sushi bar and cook to order steaks). Then I felt a little ill… but not full.

2 Likes