The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I consider most youtubers who have to constantly cite studies to make up for their very obvious lack of achievement or development frauds. Despite the fact that not everyone has the genetics to be elite at their chosen pursuit, I honestly believe that everyone can improve to a degree where the DYEL answer is an obvious no.

An amazing point that I joked with Brad (Brick) about is that none the self proclaimed experts telling successful Bodybuilders that they’re “doing it wrong”’ have laundry lists of top competitors using them as coaches.

S

4 Likes

Yes this is a good point, the top competitors not in the SHW classes have to be leaner to maximize muscle:fat ratio. The average powerlifter at any meet is not a physique you’d want to emulate. The lean guys are the exception not the rule.

Feels like when I read other people’s training logs that everyone here is super strong, even if our numbers are “technically” the same, they seem bigger in other people’s logs, like 275 weighs more in your log than mine and is considerably more impressive than my own 275.

1 Like

Yep… like i stated I could handle the above mentioned kid if

1. he had a slew of guys he was training who where getting above average or better yet outstanding results.
  2. If he actually had a degree in a aligned field associated to training. Since he likes too back how hes right based on studies he has researched ( which I honestly know if he does or does not but I assume he didn’t at least when he started)

Ugh, Oldest has a PL meet next Saturday…Im stressed the hell out as his coach.
BUT as much as i love lifting in general ,PowerLifting meets BORE the living hell out of me anymore ! You would hard press too drag me to one as a simple spectacular unless its supporting someone I know. … probably because i have been to way too many.

1 Like

I was lying in bed the other day, and I recalled a funny thread that was on here approximately 6 years ago. It predated the predator program guy, but after the shoe holding twaffle, and not the fake powerlifting kid uploads that seem to reoccur.
I hope I recall it again, also wasn’t the creep who wants high school poon

I keep hearing about this “shoe” reference. Anyone have a link to this thread lol

I think the thread is gone. I tried to link Brickhead to it a while ago and I was unsuccessful.

I’ve been reading articles and forums from T-Nation for the entirety of my adult life and the majority of my teenage years. 23 now, first post under a different account that I abandoned after being flamed by Professor X at 14.

6 Likes

Ya, it’s gone.

We knew that, if you didn’t get flammed by him, you had “made it”, haha.

1 Like

When did your adult life start? :wink: I feel like mine didn’t really get underway til I was 24 or 25. 32 now.

2 Likes

Legal adulthood. I’m still a child, and hope to always feel as such.

What was the deal with professor X? I see him mentioned quite a bit.

Lol. Fair enough. Rather than high jack the challenge thread I’ll add to your comment from there.

I think we tend to gravitate towards what we’re good at… Obvious, I know. I’ve never had much luck moving big weights but I graduated high school at 220+ lbs. I’m 32 now and I’ve pretty much maintained my physique. It’s grown a bit and body fat has fluctuated from 8-18%.

The important thing is that I’m stronger than most 32 year old men. I can still dunk with authority in rec league basketball. I’m the strongest guy on the court and play with mostly younger people. I can usually still score through a hard foul because of my strength. Now I’ve never benched 315 or overhead pressed my body weight but I think my strength shows up on the court pretty quickly.

Like you said, 600lb squat or manhandle another human? Maybe we should start posting videos of our athletic feats instead of PR lifts?

In my opinion all movement is an athletic feat, and all movent is skill dependent. Running with a 200 lb sand bag is challenging. Deadlifting 600+ is challenging. Dunking a basketball is challenging. Running a sub 4.7 40 yard dash in challenging.

This forums preferred method of athleticism is weight lifting. So I usually talk or compare strength in a similar fashion.

I mostly just read since I don’t have much to brag about lol

Its been 2-3 years and I’ve been unable to make any significant strength or physique improvements.

Ive tried minimalist splits and BB splits. IIFYM and traditional tupperware meal plans. I’ve tried training to failure and stoping shy. I’ve tried periodization and just go in an work by feel.

So at this point, flame on. 90% of this sh%t is genetics. When I started in 2012 here, thought is was more like 50%

Have you tried not splitting? Focuing on improving movements instead?

2 Likes

He was just a very outspoken and opinionated forum vet. Very big dude. Lotta controversy, but in turn a lot of discussion.

1 Like