The Flame-Free Confession Thread

christ! I didn’t realise any of that shit had happened to you.

How’s your health now?

1 Like

“That which does not kill us” right? Haha.

2 Likes

@Yogi1, I’m doing well. Decided to live by the phrase “Carpe Damn Diem”, lol.

Since the stroke, I’ve set PR’s for Military and Bench Press, and switched to play in the hardest hockey league in town.

9 Likes

I just ate chocolate cake for dinner.

9 Likes

So scoreboard:
Beer: 1
Mitral Valve Mass: 0

“Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy” Ben Franklin misquote

1 Like

IIFYM, right?

1 Like

I’m beginning to get irritated by the people that ask Jim or CT a simple question about one of their programs but follow up with more questions that get more and more specific. They’re basically trying to get one of the pros to write their program in detail for free.

1. They already offer free programs. Pick one and do it as written. Stop changing it and asking how to program your new exercise choices.

2. They are coaches and train people; sign up for coaching if you need that much help.

3. Be thankful for free advice but don’t get greedy.

9 Likes

You know they have to be so sick of that crap they could puke :confounded:

CT is nice and actually responds to most of it. Jim just disappears when he can’t be nice anymore lol And he’s not exactly nice all the time when he responds.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the one of the things we love bout him?

2 Likes

(Feels skeevy posting anything-Bill Cosby, but it’s still the first thing I thought of.)

4 Likes

Sometimes Jim’s answers aren’t helpful at all. Lately a lot of them are some variation of how hes already answered it before or do this new template that isn’t even outlined on this site anywhere. I think he gets his private site forum confused with this one sometimes.

That was my thought exactly!

1. People who hound you to be workout partners and never follow up.

2. People who ask for ‘advice’ but actually want approval.

1 Like

What are you confessing here?

That he is actually one of those people?

4 Likes

As a follow up I feel people nowadays have no commitment, no spine, and don’t like hearing they could improve. I think social media is mostly responsible.

Maybe the fact im a old bastard relatively speaking compared to some whom post on the training forums on this site. But DAMN some of the foolishness and ignorant as of late is wearing thin even on me.

7 Likes

I don’t think jogging is really that bad when incorporated into an overall training plan that includes lifting.

6 Likes

My squat 1rm is 275lbs…and I’m not too bothered.

1 Like