The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Also, this is supposed to be Flame-Free. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I find it harder and harder at times on training forums to stay civil… maybe its the fact I have allot of time under the bar . Sometimes i have to fight the urge to tell people that I think they are FULL OF SHIT in regards to certain training things.Especially when I get the vibe that most of their knowledge is from reading on the internet than actually doing. Call me a ASS if you like…:smiling_imp:

9 Likes

I think a good Dark beer is a great post recovery drink…:wink:

1 Like

There were always stories about Michael Jordan having beers on the bus after a game, claiming he better rehydrated that way

1 Like

Feel free to tell me I’m a fucking retard, if you see fit. Otherwise, I’ll keep being one.

6 Likes

LOL actually I kind of like you.,:thumbsup:But Ill let you know…

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Oh hell yes… I also feel this way when I read a lot of articles by “experts.” Of course I don’t have to count on paying my bills and feeding my son by means of selling training advice to inexperienced people who don’t know better, so I try not to judge anyone else and just do my own thing.

S

1 Like

Canadians… always wanting a hug. :grimacing:

Went to a supplement store to get some protein. (I normally do this online, but I’m out and need it for breakfast tomorrow).

Joe Schmoe Clerk: hey bro, what kind of protein are you looking for?
Me: This one, except in chocol…
JSC: …bro, you should try this. I’ve been on this for like 5 weeks and have gained 12lbs of muscle.
Me: 12lbs, eh?
JSC: ya man, it’s great! If you’re trying to cut tho, get this one. My friend lost 5% Bf while gaining muscle.
Me: cool. so… do you have chocolate in this or not?

So ya, point being I hate being called bro.

6 Likes

Sounds like at least half of the pro rugby league players here in Australia.

Pretty sure Australia just doesn’t operate in accordance to the rest of the world. Life is probably a lil different when everything, including the sun, is tryna kill you.

5 Likes

We have to watch out for poisonous snakes and killer spiders!

:laughing:

tweet

2 Likes

Ha! I just left Sydney yesterday. Loved the trip. I was having a tough time figuring out Aussie rules football vs. Rugby

1 Like

What bugs me the most is on occasions when you see a established expert do a 180 degree turn on their opinion on a subject. Just to jump on the band wagon of a popular trend in the fitness industry $$$.

1 Like

Aussie rules is much closer to Gaelic football. It started out as something to keep cricket players fit in winter I think. That’s why the pitch is so fucking big, it’s a cricket oval.

Anyone who does 21’s gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.
Anyone who walks in the gym and starts doing bicep curls first gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.
Anyone who start training shoulders on a selectorized machine gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.
Anyone who trains legs without Barbell Squatting gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.
Anyone who uses the term muscle confusion gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.
Anyone who weighs themselves everyday and complains about not putting on muscle despite not eating enough gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.
Anyone who says they are a powerbodybuilder gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.
Anyone who takes fat burners gets put into my book of don’t listen to for advice ever.

I have about 300 more of these.
I only listen to about 20 people for advice in total.

4 Likes

When I walk up to the bar for a > 85% squat or DL. My heart rate increases all on its own. Like my subconscious is afraid of the damn bar. I call myself names every time this happens.

5 Likes

I only go on Facebook to ‘like’ my wife’s posts and read the comments on T-Nation’s posts. Whoever the mod is, is savage.

1 Like

Yup, makes me hate myself just a wee bit, but staring into your own eyes in the mirror while you run yourself down does seem to help with that extra oomph.