T Nation

The Flame-Free Confession Thread

My apologies if I came across offensive using his name in that context.

Not by me. I think it’s just the new forum method of abbreviating when a Block of text is quoted.

S

I recently bought some leggings to keep my thighs and knees warm during these chilly winter workouts. Of course I wear shorts over them, and a long tailed shirt as a courtesy to other gym goers.

This morning after putting them on I caught myself in a full length mirror and realized I was a mask away from being a luchador.

Your age???!!! You’re a youngster!

Yeah, I’m about 2 minutes younger than you are…lol

Still younger then me :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you kids keep it down, please? :angry:

And stay off my lawn!

S

When I think of inspirational, I think about somebody like Shirley Webb. 75y/o And pullung 245. Not me. :wink:

Hey… Don’t limit yourself. You’ve got over 20 years of training yet to go. You’ll get there!

Probably how it’s going to take me to pull that.:smirk:

Back to confessions… I have a B.A. in Exercise Science, I’m CSCS & TSAC-F through the NSCA but mostly use all that knowledge on myself. I still come here daily with a thirst for knowledge. Every week there’s a new article talking about the best program for hypertrophy, strength, etc. Each author has had success with their program but they’re all different.

Fact: there’s more than one way to get things done. My reality: most days I feel like I have no idea what the hell I’m doing.

I’m pretty sure I hate benching.

Yes!! And squatting! But when I think about it, I hate the lifts that I suck at and often question if they’re actually important.

Isn’t 4 plates per side for reps strong on single-leg leg press??

(For what it’s worth I’m doing 5/3/1 with squats no matter how depressing it is.)

Ehhhh, I actually really like front squatting. Back squatting I could take it or leave it.

I hate all lifts and lifting.

Then you are more of a masochist than I could ever to aspire to be.

I’ve always thought comic book characters be kinda dumb at times. If I had spiderman’s powers, I would at least come up with some bullshit reason about how I tried weightlifting and boom, I’m a natural at it and the next thing I know, I’m at the olympics and winning medals and getting paid and shit.

I’ve thought stuff like this before haha. I imagine Spiderman would find rock climbing very easy as a competitive sport.

I’m pretty sure he and most other superheroes gon find most sports pretty easy.

Dude has a upper strength limit of 10 tons or something like that. Imagine his deadlift, damn…