T Nation

The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Spot on man. I think most people want to hear the reason they’re not getting their desired results is because they need to do this thing at this time on this day when the moon is full for 36 reps EXACTLY and then they’ll have huge muscles, rather than “nutrition, train, don’t stop,” which takes too long and requires more effort than most people are willing to put in.

Program to Gain Weight/Strength/Power for Football

At least three times a week I shake my protein up without having the spout secured, resulting in a shit brown splatter all over my stuff.

It’s called Fear Of Missing Out, in this case, on gainz because they’re not doing something their internet writer/cult leader of choice says is “optimal”. Never underestimate the power of FOMO.

I’ve only ever done that once and it was a strawberry shake. Covered myself in pink goo on the way to uni. Bunch of folk waiting at a bus stop saw me do it.

Paul Carter had a really good post about this today actually:

Program to Gain Weight/Strength/Power for Football

Man that’s awesome, on point. Thanks for sharing that on here!

Paul is always good for a common sense view point.

Landmine presses= LOL!!!

My one big confession I have is that I enjoy having conversations with some of the “Trainers” ( I use that word lightly) from the local anytime Fitness regarding serious training. especially the young arrogant ones. Nothing like getting all technical on them and watching their eyes glaze over. Sorta like the old comical article they wrote over at Elitefts regarding Timmy the Trainer :grin:

I am flabbergasted by the number of children on this forum.

Ouch, am I one of said children? :frowning:

Almost…hahaha. I mean 12 -14 year olds. Yeah, I understand they want to get started, but damn.

Well, if it makes you feel any better or worse, there are way worse things on the Internet. That being said, I wish I started that young too.

I DID start that young…for playing sports at school at least. But I agree with @ChickenLittle – when I was that young, I was NEVER concerned about steroids or creatine or protein or carb timing. I’d just train for sports…make sure I had a snack that’d get me through practice or weight training, and then go home and eat as much food as my mother could handle making. I got bigger and stronger…

It blows my mind that so many younger kids are concerned with supplements and stuff…

I automatically assume anyone I see in a Gold’s Gym vest is an idiot

Never assume, lol.

Lol are you talking mental or physical maturity ?

I try hard to keep my youth :blush:

Could go either way…lol

I cannot stand people that are mentally weak.

I hate excuses.

I’ve finally figured out how to make goal setting work. It took 34 years.

I red line too often in all facets of my life.

I’m very thankful for my wife and children; they saved me from self-destruction.