The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Full Disclosure: That was my attempt at humor while putting down my third beer last night, and realizing I didn’t want today’s legs training to suck balls

Legs always sucks balls. I have done it hungover, always feel like puking during, but for some reason, feel like having a beer after, lol.

1 Like

I see you went with the odds on that guess, however…

2 Likes

Did we just become best friends?

Never had a drink. Set a deadlift PR after 36 hours of consistent (at least 3 times an hour) vomiting and bowel evacuation. Thought I’d go in and just move around to work out the kinks.

Not flaming or anything, but literally who here can even make a workable diet on 150 grams of carbs, and 1 gram per pound of body of protein? Like where do I get my other 4000-ish calories from?

3 Likes

Tell that to edgy 20 something year old citizens of the US that seems to think we are literally worse than the USSR under Stalin for some indeterminable reason.

Glad to hear you liked it though. Strangely enough there are actually cheaper places than the US for food that are actual first world countries. I was talking to someone from Sweden, about some differences between living in the US and Sweden, and apparently food is a good bit cheaper (like a dollar cheaper per item than in my really cheap part of the US) than here. They get screwed in costs for other stuff though, and insane taxes.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t comprehend that. Like as much as I’m trying to put myself in said “edgy 20 something year old citizens” shoes, I can’t. It’s not just ignorance, it something more.

I honestly don’t know either. The US is definitely not at its peak right now, and we aren’t perfect in everything, but our citizens are afforded luxuries, rights, and opportunities most of the world can only dream about.

1 Like

This is about the posters whining in Thib’s forum after his Best Training Program for Natties article. I don’t want to start shit in Thib’s forum so…

1. If high volume works well for you, why the fuck would you want to change what you are doing? Also, if you know what works for you, then you have that to fall back on so why are you so afraid of spending a couple of weeks trying something new?

2. If it has not been working for you, why did you keep doing it? You need a new article with science and shit just so you know it’s ok to change what you’re doing because you thought what you were doing was optimal even though you were not getting results?

3. If you don’t know what works for you regardless of how long you’ve been training, then you are a noob. Shut up. Do the program and evaluate results. Don’t argue flawed theory and negatively influence other noobs.

9 Likes

I plan on buying my friends beers when I squat 4 plates,which is 396 cause europe baby plz.Although my logs initial goal is 405 I don’t know if I’ll wait to put those mini plates on to celebrate

1 Like

I just go by the plates. 405, 396. What’s the difference? It’s not like we’re lifting world record numbers or something.

1 Like

9lbs or a little more than 4 kg :expressionless:

1 Like

In a lot of ways, we aren’t much different than most of the first world. We are certainly louder about it, and much of the world lives under what may be fairly described as the Pax Americana for want of a better term, but I feel like the constant harping on “greatest country” BS simply means we’re complacent and lazy, and have lost our drive to improve. We are falling behind in terms of standard of living, education, and a number of other factors. I feel like we should all just STFU and work harder.

2 Likes

hey hey there buddy, flame free confession remember?
anyways, to be even more precise, 180kgs = 396.832lbs. So the difference would be just under 4kgs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/39FA5VPmip/

maybe I’m just stupid. Don’t get me wrong, I love percentage based programs and I even have my own micro plates but they’re a luxury, not a necessity.

Being pissed at the post just demonstrates a complete lack of creativity in programming or ability to think outside the box in any capacity. (Can’t remember where I read this from so it’s kinda a quote.)

1 Like

You kiddin me mane?

At 396 I’ll have to say everywhere I squat 4 plates,hoping the conversation will end there
At 405 I’ll be able to proudly raise my chest claiming to squat 400+ pounds

It’s far from just 9 pounds.It’s a matter of pride

1 Like

Or… Just get to 4 and a half plates. Hell, just get to 5 plates. I still feel the level of effort people put into their gym lifts to be rather ridiculous. If I wanted to get a PR on any lift, it wouldn’t be that hard. Just get a proper peaking block into place. Get some nice gear(knee sleeves/wraps/etc). Psyche myself the heck out. Walah. Of course, I’m a mediocre lifter so that’s not saying much but you get the idea. People get way too wrapped up in their gym lifts and such.

1 Like

Talking seriously now,I’ve never cared about competing.It just does not interest me at that moment

So for me gym lifts are everything.I get what you say though.I don’t really go after certain numbers,I just try to add 5 lbs on my main lifts adn 1 rep or 5 pounds on my accessories.As for gear I don’t even use a belt

It’s just that I said a 405 squat when I started my log and 405 has to be.Not for any reason other that me saying ‘‘Look I did it’’

3 Likes

That’s commendable if you ask me.

2 Likes

I putted ‘‘commendable’’ on google translation and smiled as soon as I saw what it meant
Thanks bro,some validation from fellow lifters always feels good

I think the most convinient way to achieve get anywhere on the long run is to set realistic short and mid term goals and staying as true to them as possible,without being stubborn though

I realised that when I was studying 10 hours per day cause I was slacking off for my final university exams for the majority of the semester,and thought that 20 minutes per day would have done way more than me for passing that class(that was a bit off track but still relative)

2 Likes

I don’t buy in to the idea that you HAVE to sleep eight solid hours to recover and progress. What adult with a normal life gets that kind of sleep?

If you can get one solid eight-ish hour sleep every seven days or so, three to six hours all the other days will do as long as you’re eating properly.

5 Likes