The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I bet you’ll love doing gymnastic/olympic lifts while you’re hungover.

I have never had a drink in my life.

Although I set a deadlift PR 24 hours after being discharged from the hospital for severe dehydration due to gastroenteritis, so maybe that is similar.

1 Like

Is that anything like a snatch on a balance beam?

Tried doing backflips and back handsprings while hungover once, it did not end well… Vomit all over the mats.

Even if I tried a backflip sober it wouldn’t end well

3 Likes

I realize that was a rhetorical question, but yes, yes you are.

I think they only allow snatches on the balance beam, right?

why is that? Take a lot of drugs instead?

3 Likes

Nah, no drugs, minus caffeine.

Alcohol just doesn’t go well with males in my family. We all seem to have addictive personalities. I channeled mine into lifting, but it can easily go another direction.

And when I got really strong, I thought it might be a bad idea to figure out what kind of drunk I become, haha.

2 Likes

Where do you get a lot of your carbs from if you consider rice cheating? I was under the impression it was one of the best sources.
Thanks

I don’t get a lot of carbs. My diet is primarily meat and veggies. With me prepping for a contest, I will eat some toast with raw honey pre workout and breakfast cereal with whey post, but if I am just training, I eliminate those.

1 Like

Grab 'em by the snatches kind of snatches?

3 Likes

What’s the reason for having so few? And if you were in my position (trying to get stronger, just started 5/3/1) what would you eat?
I’m sorry if these questions are very basic or not really wanted on this thread. Your log is one of the ones I follow a lot and you seem to give very good advice.

1 Like

I don’t know which is stranger: that you’re teetotal or a low-carb strongman!

2 Likes
  1. I like eating dry whey protein.
  2. I now don’t like eating yogurt or cereal without a scoop of protein in it.
  3. I’m currently sitting in a ground blind with my crossbow, waiting for a deer to walk by. Come on lean protein.
  4. I’m doing kegel exercises while I wait.

3/4 of those are true…

3 Likes

my guess is number 3’s bullshit and you’re watching tv in your underwear

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Alpha actually made a great video that pretty much mirrors my thoughts on nutrition.

Eating For Strength - My Typical Day of Eating - YouTube

Basically, I get fat when I eat carbs, and don’t really notice performance benefits. I seem to run better off fats. I will bring cereal and pop tarts to a competition, but that’s because they last all day and timing things gets tricky, but for training and living I don’t need much.

If I were in your position, I would eat the way I eat because it works for me. However, it doesn’t work for everyone.

1 Like

My sense of normalcy is so off mark that I have just given up on even trying to fit in, haha.

4 Likes

Thank you for a detailed reply. I think I actually watched that video but I’ll give it another watch. It’s very different to what I thought nutrition wise.