4 Likes

Time for some grip training

3 Likes

I did finally manage to get it open. That was my grip training

4 Likes

I can doh 405 but i can’t open jars…:joy::joy::joy:

My little wife opens my jars for me.

2 Likes

I tried posting something funny twice… I give up now. That’s where I’m at today.

9 Likes

Random flame free confessions in my brain

Been lifting for 15 years. Never in my life have I experienced deltoid soreness. It is a myth.

5th Week on 5/3/1 BBB challenge from Beyond, I’ve had sore hamstrings everyday for over a month.

Quest protein powder is disgusting. Shouldn’t have to chew my liquids

Banana Republic Athletic Fit Travelers pants - The end to the ‘I cant fit my legs in my pants’ discussion ever

Casey Butt’s 'Maximum Muscular Body weight and Measurements Calculator depresses me as a natural.

4 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me. I had one of their bars once and it was absolutely grim.

Dumbell shoulder press, reach the top and then lower as a thumbs up eccentric portion of a lateral raise taking 5 seconds to lower, then press back up, 8 to 12 reps. Follow up with 100 straight reps of machine shoulder press. It’s real, believe me it’s real!

2 Likes

If 5/3/1 and then BBB @ 60% 5x10 OHP, 150 band pull apart, 150 face pulls all warmed up with Defranco’s Y to Handcuffs prior and John Meadow’s 25 rep scheme “heavy swings” to finish dont do it I’m not sure what will.

Meanwhile my hams get sore on deload weeks, go figure.

I’m a very high volume guy for shoulders also and don’t tend to get much shoulder doms. I did the above the other day and have never felt shoulder doms like it.

Personally, I would not expect much in terms of shoulder soreness from Band pull aparts, face pulls, or meadows swings. The first two I see more as prehab/warm ups and working the upper back.

What has worked for me is E-Z bar upright rows, laterals, followed by machine laterals using myo reps. Also doing lateral variations and finishing with vertical pressing.

you’re all missing the point. I’m not trying to get them sore or looking for ways to build them, hell they may even be my best feature. They just have never been sore. Hence I believe it is a myth. The DOMS unicorn so to speak.

2 Likes

I sometimes get the urge to train only on the machines, HIT style.

I’m normally a free weight, PPL, moderate volume guy.

1 Like

Not missing the point at all. I don’t think you want to get sore shoulders, or that your shoulders are weak and you want to improve them.

The point I’m making is that certain exercises, like the one I mentioned which makes you use a higher weight for the eccentric than you would if you was doing normal laterals and gives an intense loaded stretch causes much more doms than normal high volume training.

I’ve trained shoulders every way possible and have never had DOMS in them either

Had my interview for Navy Nuclear Propulsion Officer yesterday. Sitting in the room with a 4 star admiral, getting torn apart for grades and he says

“Are you a rock? I mean you are built like a brick wall but are you actually just a big dumb rock?”

Would of bet every dollar to my name that I failed the interviews. Was very happy to be wrong.

15 Likes

I know the nuke program. Screw them.

1 Like

Little late to back out now haha.

I am pretty happy with it. Going the surface route, looking forward to commissioning in May and getting out to the fleet. Not excited for Power School…

1 Like