The Flame-Free Confession Thread

For the record, at my size and age, I don’t want to fight anyone. Hurts way too much.

5 Likes

LOL yeah tell me about it… I know the feeling.

1 Like
4 Likes

Confession:
I’m at the tail end of 6 years of chronic back pain from disc hernations in my lower back. My feet have only recently stopped going numb and I can once again easily fold myself in half and grab my feet, after stretching religiously for a long time. This past Saturday, I was leaning on a friend’s porch when it gave way, and I fell backwards 5 feet and landed directly on the back of my neck. My head was curled forward into my chest and my feet hit the ground behind me before my head untucked itself. I broke my toe and have apparently done some disc damage to my neck, because my hands have been tingling and I’ve been waking up shivering uncontrollably, unable to relax my body. Can’t turn my neck, can’t walk properly. I’m playing it cool for my wife and children, but I’m fuckin terrified that at the end of more than half a decade of serious chronic pain, I’ve opened the door to a lifetime of discomfort.

1 Like

Yer but only on your arse :wink:

Fuck mate, that’s no good
You’re in the wars, I hope that the diagnosis turns out better then you hope
What happened to the railing? Is your friend or their house insurance covering any medical bills?

1 Like

It’s The Godfather to my son, man. Wish I had the balls to sue him but it’s not in the cards. He’s a hardworking single dad with 100% custody of 2 kids, one of which isn’t biologically his. I have enough friends without limbs or lives to not mope too much about it but it’s been a week, I haven’t said anything to anyone and I needed to vent for a second.

8 Likes

At the risk of stating the obvious, not getting your neck checked isn’t making it better, but it can makes things a LOT worse.

After a crushed tibia, fibula, and metatarsals, two reconstructions, and a leg that hasn’t worked totally right in 16 years, I can safely tell you I really, really don’t like going to doctors. But sometimes it’s necessary.

You’re a tough man. Bite the bullet, take care of yourself now, and you’ll likely avoid a lot of pain and limitations in the future.

ETA: I want to express my concern for you, flap’. Being seriously injured just after you start to heal from another serious injury is salting a wound, and it really sucks (I can relate to that, too.) I appreciate your contributions here, which is why I wanted to encourage you to deal with this injury head on before it can worsen into something lifelong.

7 Likes

I got it checked, I should have mentioned that. Got x rays of my foot, showed a hairline fracture in the metatarsal but my toe is also bent and curled over another toe, and got x rays of my neck, but x rays won’t necessarily show herniations. I have an appointment tomorrow with an orthopedist for my neck and my foot and a referral to a PT when I need it. I appreciate the concern though dude.

5 Likes

Shit man… hope it turns out ok

1 Like

Your son is becoming a hipster-lifter…aka the CrOsSfITTEr!!!

Today i was doing atlas stones, and every time id walk off to turn my phone video off, id bang my head on the power rack spotter arms. Every damn time… until i finally took the spotter arm off :rage:

2 Likes

Ok, that’s good! You’re right about x-rays not showing herniations, but a good orthopedic doctor and physical therapist should be able to get things straightened out for you. Good luck!

3 Likes

Jesus man…hope the diagnosis isn’t anything too serious. Best of luck to you.

Bragging alert!!

Oldest will be presenting at the Regional conference of the American College of Sports Medicine in November.
On a undergrad research project he did .

14 Likes

Let out a nice loud, sweaty armpit fart on a pull up this morning. Considering trying to master the move for party tricks…

1 Like

I want to buy one of those bar speed measuring gimmic… errm gadgets. How to convince the better half though? :thinking:

1 Like

A Tendo unit?

They’re pretty small so you can probably just sneak it in and pretend you’ve had it for a long time.

Just rub it with dryer sheets to cover that new item smell.

4 Likes

So, if you need to hide it financially and you have a kid, set up the fsa daycare thing to reimburse a different account you set up. Haven’t done this but showed a coworker how to. Money laundering may not be great for a marriage though, and if you don’t have a kid they’re not worth adding to make this scheme possible.

2 Likes

but then you’d lose that sweet new Tendo smell

2 Likes