The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I agree with this. Telling them to arbitrarily get bigger regardless of their goals doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Fucking HATE when people post videos of PR’s using bumper plates outside of the Olympic lifts when you notice in the video that other plates are available for them to use. Especially when you know they are doing it to give the illusion that they have more weight on the the bar than what they really do.

Ugh my gym recently got bumper plates… Even worse is when you see someone loading a bar with half bumper plates and half metal plates

1 Like

I do this for high pulls off a box.

I feel like I shouldn’t be doing it but don’t know why. It doesn’t seem to damage the bumpers or the bar since I’m not dropping it from overhead.

@Dr_Pangloss it doesn’t matter at all, its most likely just a personal OCD-type pet peeve, lol. I guess the only time it is generally discourteous would be to use metal plates on an olympic platform.

I use bumpers for my deadlifts and sometimes mix steel and rubber… deal with it!! :slight_smile:

I do it to be curtious to those who don’t want to hear my DLs crashing to the floor (I lift at YMCAs due to a traveling job).

Further, the platforms and bumpers are together, you want me to walk across the gym for steel plates?

I don’t bench or squat with them though.

Just use whatever you have sheesh. Unless you’re…

Then fuck you.

1 Like
4 Likes

Bumpers are generally scarce and usually for a lifting platform. The guys who take bumpers from the platform and onto a squat rack or bench because I don’t know, it’s cool, are outright pricks.

There’s a special place in hell for the bastards who put them on the leg press.

1 Like

Well, I’m unfortunate enough to train at a place where it’s 90% bumpers and like 2 pairs of each weight for the metal. I feel it’s fine if you only use bumpers for the inner most plate and metal for the rest, something bout preserving the longevity of it or something. Oh and there are no platforms so that’s a little stupid, god damn concrete floor.

Wow… didnt think one of my pet peeves would be that big of a deal.

If you’re in a non-combat gym and you’re shadowboxing between sets, I assume you used to get your ass beat on a regular basis. Also you look like a jackass

5 Likes

I feel the seated Behind the Neck press has gotten a unfairly has been given a bad reputation … In some ways I feel its a Superior movement for some than a military press. For strength and general shoulder development along with maintaining mobility.

I have a recurring dream where I’ve just finished a powerlifting meet and have absolutely no recollection of how I did, or if I even completed all of my attempts. WTF

I blame ZMA

Not only do I hate dead lifting. I also don’t squat to parallel. I squat bottom up from pins set an inch or two above parallel.

2 Likes

If you use equipment stupidly and you’ve had access to it for a while as well as seen it used properly I think I and anyone using it as intended should have priority over you in using it.

1 Like

I’m eating like zero vegetables right now. There’s just no room for them!

Pretty terrible really, but it’s not forever.

1 Like

@Yogi1 you’re Scottish, I think you may have an exemption.

1 Like

haha! Like you Ozzies are any better!

Hey! There are coconut flakes on that, and that comes off a tree.

1 Like