The Flame-Free Confession Thread

My wife ran over 16 miles this morning and is now doing some yard work. Meanwhile I’m still in my pajamas and have only left the recliner for food and drink. I’m also drinking a large glass of wine at 2:45 (I’m out of beer).

7 Likes

I have a few confessions to make:

• I haven’t posted in a few years
  • Went to the US this month, set of a bodyscanner with the TSA… I needed a extra check for my ego.
  • I will eat my veggies first, otherwise I will stink up the place. Long live veggies, your intestines will thank you later.
  • I haven’t trained in a hardcore gym anymore and do not mind.
  • After being a fat fuck in 2009… I am still “recomping”.
1 Like

Had to drive over to Bev‘s gym to meet with a client who is competing at the end of this week. A few years ago, that would have sounded pretty cool, look at me I am a cool contest prep coach and everyone needs to get my opinion on everything. Now, I am honestly bummed out that instead of staying home and giving my son a bath on a Sunday night I have to do this.

S

6 Likes

The entire marketing strategy of my gym (not quite opened yet) is to convince crossfitters that crossfit sucks and strongman and powerlifting are better.

So you mean you train crossfitters to actually get better? Maybe I’m wrong, but wouldn’t someone who trains properly for a mix of PL and SM not have much difficulty getting pretty good at CF quite quickly?

The lighter guys would probably be really good. Guys like me… probably not. My conditioning is good for about 90 seconds at best. 30 seconds of pure fury and 60 seconds of being too stupid to fall down. There is a cost for SHW status.

1 Like

Opposite really. Crossfit can provide a good base for strongman, but there are a lot of technical aspects of crossfit that, if the skills aren’t there, will take some time to develop.

And like, don’t get me wrong: a circus dumbbell is a tricky implement, but gymnastics rings beat it in terms of complexity. I tend to see people come into strongman from crossfit and do decent. Usually lacking the total top end strength, but the conditioning is sound.

4 Likes

Plus the whole fact of an event within the CrossFit games called “strongmans fear”

Could you imagine an event in WSM called “CrossFits fear”?
Itd just be a bunch of 200kg men doing strict pull ups

3 Likes

My wife is playing psychological warcare. On Friday she gasped, grabbed my tricep. I asked what she’s doing and she said “it just looked way to small”

Today she was taking a car selfie, while I drove. She explained that my belly was showing and I’m letting myself go.

And I thought I was making progress…

5 Likes

Your role modelling doesn’t seem to be working… time for sabotage (just pray she isn’t thinking the same thing)

The fear part being you trip over yourself and someome sees you fail to finish the baby weights.

Just kidding, fear is the handstands.

3 Likes

I am fairly certain everyone would be afraid of a bunch of 200kg men doing strict pull ups. That is a lot of big, strong men.

5 Likes

1 pullup at 200 kg is all it takes to impress me. I’m around 170 kg and working toward 1. I’ll be celebrating when I get it.

2 Likes

In awe at the size of this lad. Absolute unit.

2 Likes

Why do people say this?

2 Likes

The same reason people say anything online: because someone else did once.

To think, I always thought it was from Randy Johnson’s nickname - ‘The Big Unit’.

1 Like

I’ll tell you the truth… I’m a little confused by your comment so I’m gonna keep acting tough until I figure it out. Abracadabra homes.

6 Likes

That was before memes existed and the young lads missed out. And you know what they say about guys who are tall…

1 Like

Confession: every time I see safety clips on the preacher curl stations I think “why are they always there? How mad are people going on curls that they need these?”

Anyway guess who did some preacher curls this past weekend and sent plates flying all over the fucking shop? I always knew I was an idiot but it’s nice to have it so thoroughly confirmed.

15 Likes