The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Similar but I can handle cereal fairly well too thank fuck.

Me three. I have added sweet potatoes over the last few weeks just to reduce the amount of white rice I eat.

Stop it goddamn, STOP IT ALREADY

2 Likes

Lol what is your issue with this movement?

It’s that doing it that way you DO NOT work your external rotator with free weights.

Because, y’know, gravity isn’t angled sideways?

3 Likes

Yep. Laying sideways on a bench, placing the upper arm straight along the side, and pivoting on the elbow so the forearm moves from vertical/perpendicular to the floor to parallel to the floor and back is how one can use free weights to work the external rotators in that range of motion.

1 Like

How do you know he’s not standing on a wall? Thankfully in the article he’s showing this as an example that does nothing, not advocating for it.

4 Likes

He’s stil only working one side.
Huh

1 Like

To be fair, Spider-Man would probably need a ton of rotator cuff work with all the swinging and whatnot.

2 Likes

Like FormerlyFast said, the article spends two full paragraphs (the two paragraphs directly below where you cut off the screenshot) explaining why those pics are showing an inefficient version of the exercise.

4 Likes

Confession: Over the weekend, I read about Kyle Maynard (who was born a quadruple amputee) being a CrossFit-certified coach, a weightlifting record holder, and benching 240 for 23 reps.

I appreciate that the guy has enormous balls of steel and a level of willpower and self-determination most people can’t fathom… but… I have to call bull on his lifting “records”, as most of his lifts are basically variations of front raises, laterals, and flyes.

2 Likes

I have always felt the same way about Oscar Pistorius when he competed in the Olympics (he also did Paralympic) and won a medal - not only are you missing both feet/shins, and therefore a ton of weight, but you’re running on BLADES that propel you forward and cannot generate fatigue. Oh well, he’s in jail for murdering his girlfriend now.

1 Like

Yeah, I admit to not having read that part so I’ll apologize.

As soon as I saw the pic I posted here because even seeing the movement done that way annoys me. Nevertheless, I wasn’t specifically attacking the author of the article themselves, but I generally wanted to rant about the incorrect version of the movement being so commonly executed in gyms. Also I remember seeing another article where that version was indeed advocated and people were flaming the author in the yt video’s comments lol

1 Like

I feel like he at least should have been DQ’d from going back to the Para Olympics after running with the big boys. You can’t have both - pick one!

Also, his running form was garbage. His knees crossed the midline on every stride. Elite runners don’t have that form; therefore, his blades assisted him.

I don’t know much about running form so I believe you, but mostly I’m just glad the flame free confession thread turned into a bash-handicapped thread, and it was instigated by the forum director.

8 Likes

Regarding the whole TRT Chat from well over a week ago ( been keeping to myself ). Allot of people overlook the dosage that a actual reputable physician will prescribe is half of what is even considered a low level performance enhancing dosage.

dumb%20dog

Its official…my oldest can now talk over my head on this shit ! Luckily, I still have practical knowledge and experience over him.

2 Likes

While we’re at it, I have a real problem with disabled parking. I mean, if you have enough capacity to get into a car, you can get your ass out with the rest of us.

Also “handicapped”? Man, I just would have never picked you as a racist.

5 Likes

It seems that most of the disabled folks I see are morbidly obese and I assume they ate themselves into that state. They should have special parking, but it should be further from the door to help them overcome their disability.

Also, it pisses me off when they use a regular parking spot. My gym’s parking is limited. I bet it has 60 spots and 25% of those are disabled parking. There is extra parking on the street or a block over but I don’t like those options when I’m unloading and loading my two year old. There’s nothing worse than seeing a disabled placard in a car parked in a regular spot. Jerks.

2 Likes

What term is PC now?