The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I’m on a growth day and I squatted down to pick up my little dogs water dish and my leggings split right down…my body is rebelling against clothes. I’m baking bread in an apron because hubby is asleep and my clothes are trapped. Oh, the humanity!

5 Likes

Gold lol

1 Like

I prefer platinum :rofl:

3 Likes

Brb, asking wife if I can wake up to the smell of fresh baked bread and her in nothing but an apron.

4 Likes

It’s part of life as a housewife :rofl:

Confession: I don’t even know how to lift with a partner anymore, I have no idea how I used to do it, and I have no idea how to do it now. I sat down and tried to think about how in the world I ever even got through a workout when I had to pay attention to another person throughout the entire thing, especially with younger guys, “What weight should I use?” “Man, I dunno we’re training partners I’m not here to try and train you, know your numbers.”

5 Likes

Imagine being female…I’ve had girls ask me to help them…however, have you ever seen a girl attempt her first DL…it’s painful to watch. And why oh why do they want colored foamy weights…it kills me. “Am I supposed to cheer when a woman does a set of 8 5 lb curls and needs a break!?! I am for girl power but my god, I have to lift alone, with guys or when sister is in town.

2 Likes

Ha! Same. I had a button down collar shirt, got the largest size I could. No bueno. That sucker popped right at the shoulder seam from me reaching up on a shelf some days ago. Just sewed it back.

2 Likes

Honestly, in our gym, there are more serious female lifters (multiple competitors, ex-college athletes) than there are male lifters in our gym, and I would probably (if forced to have a training partner) opt to train with one of them over any of the male lifters that I see here on a regular basis. It’s actually a pretty cool thing to see, busting the stereotypes and such.

6 Likes

That is so awesome!

At least I was home!

I was at work, and I had no shame lol. At least I’m bursting out of my clothes because of muscle gains…instead of fat.

2 Likes

I used to work at a funeral home, and would usually wear my wedding suit for funerals. Only problem was I gained a good amount of leg size since then and while wheeling a casket in, a rose dropped from the flower spread on top of it and I bent to pick it up. Rrrrrrrrrip. From my ass to my knee on my left leg. Had to use safety pins to hold it together, and still had to roll the casket back out in front of the congregation. As soon as I sat in the hearse all 3 pins popped again and 2 of them ended up in my leg. The funeral director thought it was the funniest thing ever.

4 Likes

Or for me walking and my clothes falling off of me cuz It coulda happened when I was a bag of bones…that’d be far scarier😡

1 Like

Something he’ll never forget :rofl:

Your gym sounds lovely. My gym is rather typical.

Gym bros:

Gym chicks:

Personal trainers:

And then there’s me lol

In reality I’m more like this when I see someone trying to take a spot I’ve been eyeing for like 30 mins

10 Likes

Thanks for making me laugh!

1 Like

I’m the same way. There’s exactly 1 person I could train with regularly but logistically it’s not an option.

Occasionally my roommate will be in the basement training at the same time I am, but we follow different routines and try to time it so we don’t have equipment overlap.

1 Like

The duck is obv terrifying but nobody is going to give you a medal for beating up a bunch of tiny horses. If you could keep some Horses for gifts for children though…?

2 Likes

A certain powerlifting “coach” from Long Island perhaps? (Allegedly! -lol)

S

2 Likes