The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Atta boy. Nice thinking :thinking:

Confession time:

I’m in the gym hitting back hard and wearing an old Dorian Yates nutrition shirt with a big number 6 on the back… I may be in pretty good shape for an “older” guy but I’m not actually Dorian… I hope no one asks.

S

4 Likes

You might be is the same shape he is now!!

He’s doing okay for a 56 year old yoga master… (picture from feb 2018)

4 Likes

I whine about not being as big as I was pre-shoulder surgeries but it’s all about being ok with your current/new goals are.

Dorian described in a podcast (Rogen?) thAt he was holding onto a decent amount of size post retirement for others not himself. Eventually he pursued other Fitness outlets.

While I’m sure I’ll eventually do more biking and probably a bit of yoga myself as well, I still truly enjoy weight training, just not with the same almost ferocious focus I used to have.

Not too shabby, but I’ll also be the first to say I’m not my former self physique wise :slight_smile:

S

10 Likes

You can’t let yourself go. How much work is a fat prep coach going to get?..

4 Likes

Does Yates have an unrepaired left distal biceps rupture?

Also, he and I are the same age–both born in 1962.

I am as big as I ever was… the weight is just distributed a little differently now :laughing:

I have had a front load washing machine for about 3 months. I have no idea what the different trays are for. I’ve just been throwing random crap in random trays and keeping note of whether there is anything left in the tray after the wash is done.

Also, before this, I had a top loader and I just threw everything in at once. I have no idea what that little well that sits ontop of the pipe in the middle of the clothes area is for.

3 Likes

Put some glasses on Dorian and you could be brothers :wink:

1 Like

He definitely went into an Olympia with one, I don’t know if he ever had it sorted out or not

Well, that’s all fine and dandy except when you end up with softner in the wash cycle, and the detergent in the rinse cycle. Don’t blame the washer when your clothes are stiff as board, because you didn’t rinse the soap out.

1 Like

Something happen to his left bicep?

I can’t blame the washer, that would be silly.

I blame my wife. :smile:

3 Likes

A childhood friend of mine took a bad turn in high school. He had 3 kids with 3 different women and did considerable time for check fraud.

Yesterday he stabbed a pizza man for cash to feed his addiction and was shot. He crawled one block and bled out on someone’s porch stoop while pleading for help.

Fuck his dad for abandoning him, fuck his mom for raising him poorly, fuck him for growing up to be a shithead and I hope the pizza guy makes a full recovery.

3 Likes

Thought this might go down well…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmIuE_QAH2f/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4m7yam71lpb5

2 Likes

I love that “no Excel literacy” is there. I’ve learned more about Excel in my short time lifting than ever before.

Steamed Brussel sprouts with soy sauce and sriracha. That is all.

2 Likes

:nauseated_face: That’s all I got about this.

I hated them til I tried that. Just sayin!

1 Like