The Flame-Free Confession Thread

For this oaf front squat = scalpel squat.

I’m hoping it’s not scalpel times two.

Hopefully heals up well.

There’s a guy from the new gym I’ve been training at who is on his phone loudly (Bluetooth earpiece) for his entire workout every day… constantly thinking someone is talking to me a few feet away while I’m trying to be laser focused is incredibly annoying…

If he weren’t one of the larger dudes there I’m sure someone would have brained him with a dumbbell by now.

S

6 Likes

Start replying to everything he says, making sure you make eye contact and speak really loudly.

6 Likes

Got called “scary looking” today, at the gym.

I guess that’s good, but I like being the bouncy, cute, short person.

But scary works too I guess.

6 Likes

Shoot for the menacing fire plug instead.

2 Likes

I’m happy not to be the weirdo. I’ll take anything else lol

1 Like

That’s a good one! Lol

Just hit 268 x 5 at the squat for the first time.

A small achievement, but I’m curious to see where I am in a year.

2 Likes

If you’re doing a contest, and you’re nowhere close to stage level lean, don’t contact me a Few weeks out asking if I can “dial” you in, or “just set up a peak week plan” that will magically undo months of wasted time with no progress.

It doesn’t work like that no matter how hard you’re willing to work or how much “extra” you offer to pay me for my time.

#flamefree

S

3 Likes

Stu I’m at 28% body fat, can you get me stage ready in 4 weeks pleeeeease !! Lol :wink:

1 Like

I bet you that the gaggle-lion guy could do it.

5 Likes

You just have to use a little creative license with “stage ready”.

Like Luciano Pavarotti. Dude was stage ready!

5 Likes

Thought about starting my first online training log here for accountability and then realized if I posted what I did in my workout today it would be the worst first entry to ever exist.

So, I started with trying out the 8 by 8 rep scheme with squats, got sick of cleaning the weight up every set since I don’t have a rack, turned into a drop set session real quick that ended on the 6th set. Bailed on that, moved to drop sets on my machine bench (I know I know, I usually do regular bench), wanted to take it a little easy with the pushing movements since my front delts had a lot of action already with work, running out of time so I start rushing… speaking of which, to be continued, gotta go…

Don’t be skeered! We all have to start somewhere.

2 Likes

:poop:
Long story short, ran out of time so I did some half arsed pullups, diamond pushups, overhead db tri extensions and curls to arnold press then called it a day.

Sad part is I’ve been lifting for years.
:grimacing:

1 Like

Well, no question he’d certainly make videos pretending that he could :laughing:

(his big fat loss secret advice in his latest videos is to rest less between sets… really? I’m sure Chris aceto is gonna be out of a job prepping IFBB Pros any day now -lol)

S

2 Likes

With work, projects and kids sometimes I rest a week between sets. I’m sure I’ll be lean any day now.

1 Like

Confession: i missed my bus stop because i was on my phone, so it took me an extra 35 minutes to get home

1 Like

They let minors into those kind of places down under?