The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I was thinking that fiery smoke demon thing from Lord of the Rings:

I think they’re called Balrogs

4 Likes

I did the same thing recently and gained 8lbs in those two weeks. Time to track

1 Like

I was thinking the spitfire wheels logo

2 Likes

I hate when people hire a coach to tell them exactly what to do, deal with their countless emails and texts every week fielding questions and confessions, and when they finally arrive at their goal, due in a huge part to the coach’s knowledge and experience, the individual then starts billing themselves as the weight loss / training / contest prep expert and never mentioning how they owe it to the large role another had in their success.

(Very often these people are akin to horses that were it not for the jockeys on their backs would walk off the track and start eating flowers growing out of the dung and wondering why they didn’t each the end of the track.)

S

2 Likes

4 Likes

20180716_055111

4 Likes

Remember that nearly everything down here can kill you…even the drop bears !

2 Likes

Maybe not for the whole site, but maybe this could be the forum logo somehow.

6 Likes

@robstein he’s talking about you

8 Likes

Lmao! - Rob’s my pal. I was actually referring to someone else who still gets crap in his IG comments about not acknowledging my role, and he promptly deletes them all and keeps on keeping on taking money from new clients while other coaches and industry folk hate him.

S

3 Likes

What’s so dumb to me is… why not just acknowledge you in order to get clients?

Isn’t “I studied under a super accomplished coach and competitor” more convincing than “I made this shot up on my own” ?

haha, I know, mate. Just fucking with the little guy.

1 Like

BEcause when you’ve failed at something (publicly) time and time again, despite acknowledging “getting help” from people you want to name drop (although they don’t really think of you at all), and then one coach (me) magically gets you more progress in 5 months than you’ve had ever…steadily, and taking into account every possible issue you have to deal with, suddenly it goes to your head and you start believing your own BS that you post on social media about how you finally took it upon yourself and got serious… how you “lead from the front” or some other catchy hashtag.

Of course now this individual is using the weight loss as an excuse for his poor lifts -lol. Amazing how all the other powerlifters I’ve worked with set new PRs while losing fat on my programs :blush:

S

3 Likes

I confess I really want to come out and say who this particular person is.

And that I hate the push press.

4 Likes

I confess despite typically hating engaging in gossip, that I reeeeally want to know who it is, but have no idea.

1 Like

Assuming he’s repackaging your programs, how much does he charge? I’ve been debating reaching out to you, but if he’s cheaper :wink:

Also, his values seem great. #leadfromthefront

3 Likes

We used to refer to that as “burning the bridges in front of you”, where in short order people wouldn’t want anything to do with someone like that. Unfortunately, I guess that social media has probably skewed that sort of natural consequence.

It all shakes out in the long run. And this is a loooong run.

1 Like

It’s no secret on social media or in real life. The names of people (coaches and top competitors) he’s screwed over would blow your mind. Whenever I post anything or even subtly refer to this guy, my DMs blow up from people who have their own stories about him.

Sadly when you spend all day writing articles, youre basically banking on people who don’t know any better always viewing you as an authority figure despite not being great at whatever you’re writing about. Nature of the “fitness industry.”

S

3 Likes

By chance @The_Mighty_Stu would this person in question a powerlifter that you helped loose weight.

1 Like

By chance :wink:

S

1 Like