The Flame-Free Confession Thread

You can employ the he/him test to figure it out. Simply put he and him in the sentence in the ‘who vs whom’ spot (you may have to rejigger the sentence a little in doing so). If he makes more sense, the correct subjective pronoun is who; if him sounds right, it’s whom. (To remember the rule, note that him and whom both have an ‘M’ in them.)

6 Likes

I wasn’t expecting to see a set of dem titties in this thread. Both of whom I was surprised to see fit in that top.
I wasn’t expecting see a set of dem titties in this thread. Both of who I was surprised to see fit in that top.

Nup, still confused.

3 Likes

I was surprised to see him fit in that top.

I was surprised to see he fit in that top.

:thinking:

OK, bad example.

@Bauber, the :thinking: was in reference to the grammar, not your wife’s…you know.

3 Likes

Honestly, how can that be confusing? If the pronoun is the subject, then it’s who. If someone else in the sentence is the subject, then you use the object form which is whom.

Wait a minute, isn’t a pronoun a Facebook marketing strategy? Now I’m really confused…

Pretty soon there will be a new gender that gets triggered by the use of either who or whom and we won’t have to worry about it anymore.

1 Like

Pronouns get paid.

5 Likes

I do this as well, but it doesn’t seem to matter as my wife has demoted me to only using “dog towels” now because apparently I’m making all of our nice towels stink.

3 Likes

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/who_vs_whom

I’ll admit, that I now completely understand how to use who/whom. And all it took was a cute story about an old man throwing spiders at kids, dirty koalas, a lady going to call the cops, shaving back hair, mayonnaise slide, flamethrowers, Nancy, butt punching, and hairy potatoes.

2 Likes

Lmao I understood. One of my undergrad degrees is actually in English…

2 Likes

As a business owner, it’s fun meeting other business owners because it’s interesting to see how other people make their living.

I signed a client last week and upon getting to his office to hash out the details he had 3 women in thongs only twerking all over him. It was like I was in a rap video.

Found out he is a director of an upcoming adult video company. I am setting up his email and contract/documentation services. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Asked me if I wanted to stay and party and watch a shoot but I had to politely decline.

But as I was in his office getting the contract signed and answering any questions he had, I could hear the actor and actresses performing (He was shooting a movie that was called “Too Many Girls for 1 Man”). Oddest business meeting I’ve ever been a part of, but I had to stay professional lol.

11 Likes

Don’t drop plates on your toes and then keep deadlifting.

5 Likes

Oooooh that doesn’t look good. Last time my foot looked like that was after kicked big rock in my front yard running home from a neighbours house to get another bottle of wine. On reflection I had probably had enough wine !!!

3 Likes

Also, don’t drop bars on your ankle doing split squats

1 Like

I completely agree. I’m a camp counselor this summer for 5-11 year olds, and some of these kids are just disgustingly obese. Nice kids who mean well, but clearly carrying an extra 50lbs+ of fat. They suck at sports because they’re enormous. They don’t want to swim in the pool without a shirt on because they’re so fat. I watch their weight ruin their social lives and self-esteem every day, and there’s nothing I can do about it. They get picked on, I stop it, but the damage is done. That kid will be thinking about what that other kid said to him for the rest of the day, and maybe for the rest of the summer, year, or his life. I don’t know.

I agree though that the blame is 100% on the parents. The odd thing is that the largest kid in camp doesn’t have fat parents, but his mom routinely sends him to camp with a lunch that consists of two lunchables, a bag of Cheetos, and a 20oz Coke. 3 things that I was never allowed to touch until I was almost a teenager regularly appear in every kids lunch on a daily basis. As a parent, how can you do that to your kid? Maybe I’ll understand when I’m a father, but I doubt it. It really is a shame. You’re right, it will directly affect the outcome of their entire life. I remember being 5’10 135lb in 8th grade, and I thought I was a little chubby. Now I see these kids who are 5’5 180 and it blows my mind.

I know I already mentioned it, and this is a very messy rant, but not being able to play sports/be good at sports because you weigh too much would be absolutely awful. Everyone I’m friends with today played sports with me when I was younger. We were all good at what we did and we bonded over it. The 3 guys I’m considering for Best Man at my wedding eventually are guys that I met when I was 11 years old playing travel baseball, and obese kids these days just don’t have that opportunity. I can’t imagine what my life would be like without being able to function well in physical activities… it’s just a nightmare. And these kids may never know what it feels like to be in shape which is horrifying.

Sorry for being all over the place. I could talk about this for years

7 Likes

Fk yer I remember when you did this. Not a clever move!

1 Like

Confession: I used to ‘Rocky’ my eggs in the morning, I thought it made me tougher/gave me an edge over the next guy.

10 Likes

I’m doing decline benches as an overload exercise on a decline bench (ie. A dedicated bench so not in a rack) - 4x2. I have one set to go.

Just popped into my head… how fucked am I if a shoulder goes and I need to bail? I’m surprised more people dont get hurt on this.

2 Likes

Even if Zercher squats didn’t feel better on my lower back, I’d still do them because they just seem more manly.