[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Musclemorse wrote:
BW 69.5kg

chin up 105kg 3rm.
[/quote]
The fuck? You can do 3 pullups with 1.5x BW strapped to yourself?[/quote]

added weight: 105kg - 69.5kg = 35.5kg (78.2 lbs)

Do I get a cookie?[/quote]

Shit beat me to it. I swear this post wasn’t here when I made mine [/quote]
Yes we knew how he arrived at that number lol. I was trying to point out why it’s silly.

No one says it that way. That’s like saying he can squat 350, because he can squat 200 at a bodyweight of 150 lol.[/quote]

Really that how I always report my pull-ups. If I do bw pull ups I didn’t add weight. I just did pull ups. So if you do bw pull ups you say you did them with you bw hanging on you?[/quote]

I’ve always recorded BW stuff like this:
Pull ups/dips without any weight noted means body weight (pull-ups: 10x3)
If I do something with added weight it’s +weight (+25x10x3)
If I do something assisted its -weight (or -mini band x10x3)

Obviously BW fluctuations will affect the total amount of weight you’re moving, but I don’t really see that as important enough to record week to week.

As a general rule, body weight and the "starting weight " listed on plate loaded machines like the HS stuff or a leg press all = 0[/quote]
Same.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

The medical profession under emphasizes weight training and nutrition and gives bad information for general population health.

[/quote]

I had a doctor in High school tell me that Creatine will dehydrate my kidneys. [/quote]

Lol we just had just the briefest sports nutrition (ie one slide) and creatine was reported as a bad thing. I face palmed [/quote]

I had it in a sport nutrition class where it was grouped as performance enhancing drug…

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

BW 69.5kg

chin up 105kg 3rm.
[/quote]

Yes we knew how he arrived at that number lol. I was trying to point out why it’s silly.

No one says it that way. That’s like saying he can squat 350, because he can squat 200 at a bodyweight of 150 lol.[/quote]

Really that how I always report my pull-ups. If I do bw pull ups I didn’t add weight. I just did pull ups. So if you do bw pull ups you say you did them with you bw hanging on you?[/quote]

Obviously BW fluctuations will affect the total amount of weight you’re moving, but I don’t really see that as important enough to record week to week.

As a general rule, body weight and the "starting weight " listed on plate loaded machines like the HS stuff or a leg press all = 0[/quote]

That’s what I do as well I was trying to understand how mr C did it since he seems to not agree with the bw + weight on the pull ups

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

The medical profession under emphasizes weight training and nutrition and gives bad information for general population health.

[/quote]

I had a doctor in High school tell me that Creatine will dehydrate my kidneys. [/quote]

Lol we just had just the briefest sports nutrition (ie one slide) and creatine was reported as a bad thing. I face palmed [/quote]

I had it in a sport nutrition class where it was grouped as performance enhancing drug…[/quote]

That makes me puke just a little. So stupid

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

BW 69.5kg

chin up 105kg 3rm.
[/quote]

That’s what I do as well I was trying to understand how mr C did it since he seems to not agree with the bw + weight on the pull ups
[/quote]
?

She does it the way I do it. You said you did it a different way…

For example if you weigh 220 and you’re doing chins with a 45, you would write:
pullups: 265x5x3 or something of the sort

Because that’s the way musclemorse was doing it which you said you did.

whereas Quincy and buckeye and I would say:
pullups: +45lbs x5x3 or something like that

Which way do you do it because now I’m confused lol

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

BW 69.5kg

chin up 105kg 3rm.
[/quote]

[/quote]
?

She does it the way I do it. You said you did it a different way…

For example if you weigh 220 and you’re doing chins with a 45, you would write:
pullups: 265x5x3 or something of the sort

Because that’s the way musclemorse was doing it which you said you did.

whereas Quincy and buckeye and I would say:
pullups: +45lbs x5x3 or something like that

Which way do you do it because now I’m confused lol[/quote]

If someone wanted to know the total weight I did then yes I would say my bw + the rep weight. It’s the same thing. They are literally the same. In one you are subing Ina variable (bw) the adding weight. The other you are just putting your actually bw and the added weight. Make sense? I’m brain dead ATM so not sure if this is coherent.

Summary. One notation is bw+45x3 When bw is 200

Other notation 245x3

In both the total weight and reps are the same yes?

^Why do you guys even write BW? Isn’t that kinda obvious? I just write 45 X 5 or 65 X 2 for example.

Never mind I’m too slow…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
^Why do you guys even write BW? Isn’t that kinda obvious? I just write 45 X 5 or 65 X 2 for example. [/quote]

I’m log book I right +45 or whatever. Same with smith machine. Just righ the plates on it. Also leg press.

Never mind I’m too slow…[/quote]

No…I saw what you posted and yes what you had written was what I had meant originally. And also agreed with too much quoting. Too cumbersome on my iPad to attempt to shorten them I just mess them up

My point was just that if someone tells me they can pull-up 300 lbs at 150, that means to me that they are strapping 300lbs to their body and doing the exercise. Not whatever BW + 150 = 300 lbs. Sure the total amount if weight you’re lifting is 300, but its silly to write it that way. Just like it would be silly for me to tell you that my squat max is 450 because 150 (BW) + 300 (max) = 450

**weights were chosen at random

My point was just that if someone tells me they can pull-up 300 lbs at 150, that means to me that they are strapping 300lbs to their body and doing the exercise. Not whatever BW + 150 = 300 lbs. Sure the total amount if weight you’re lifting is 300, but its silly to write it that way. Just like it would be silly for me to tell you that my squat max is 450 because 150 (BW) + 300 (max) = 450

**weights were chosen at random[/quote]

I guess I see it diff with pull ups vs squats simce pull ups you are actually pulling your whole bw and added weight where squats you srent squatting younwhole bw + added weight. but honestly i don’t give any fucks what some ones max pull up is and this is just semantics. In the end its the same it’s just how ppl prefer to report it.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

BW 69.5kg

Front squat 70kg 3rm
Hang clean 77.5 kg 3rm
back squat 90kg 3rm
chin up 105kg 3rm.

All my mass gains go like this: I train, I get stronger, I gain some muscle, I finally feel like I’ve found what works. Then I feel like shit, I get insomina and I then I go right back to square one.

Then I start again.[/quote]

So you can do pull-ups with, like, 5 plates strapped to your waist for a few reps??

Confession for today:
Whenever I hear someone claim that overtraining is a myth, I assume one of 3 things…

1. They’re idiots that are trying to sound “hardcore”

2. They’re pussies that don’t know the meaning of hard work or pushing one’s limits

3. They’re freaks (but probably not)[/quote]

4. They take copious amounts of drugs[/quote]

5. They refuse to acknowledge poor choice of words. “No son, your not overtraining, just under-recovering”, But because of #1 above, they don’t bother to mention that.

Burgers.

Confession of the day:

The active avatars people have of neeked women make me droooool

I look at the muscular development of men in the locker room and estimate their time udner the bar and at some ppoint I might actually ask them if I didnt look like a gay dood. (I must look like a im interested huh?) smh

I confess, I can’t believe someone actually includes their bodyweight for calculating lift totals. If you told someone you could do pull-ups with 180lbs at 150lbs and the proceeded to do pull-ups with 30lbs strapped to you, they’d laugh you out of the gym.

[quote]Quasi-Tech wrote:
I confess, I can’t believe someone actually includes their bodyweight for calculating lift totals. If you told someone you could do pull-ups with 180lbs at 150lbs and the proceeded to do pull-ups with 30lbs strapped to you, they’d laugh you out of the gym.
[/quote]
The keyword in question is “with”. Simply stated in expanded form as, “I can pullup my bodyweight accompanied by 180lbs.” which is clearly false and discontinuously true as to say it is perceived as true (without intent of deceit) when usage is glossed over.

I think people should fast every so often. It has physiological benefits, but the mental strength you build really carries over into dieting and makes it so much easier.

Sometimes I catch myself flaunting my relative wealth around friends.

I hate mooches, especially ones that offer to pay you back for a loan/service and then have 15,000 excuses for why they can’t get you back.

I have 32 zombie survival exigency plans. 31 involve shooting my roommate. The 32nd has me willingly infect myself with the virus just so I can eat his face.

Also, fried chicken.

[quote]johngalt191 wrote:
Sometimes I catch myself flaunting my relative wealth around friends.

I hate mooches, especially ones that offer to pay you back for a loan/service and then have 15,000 excuses for why they can’t get you back.

I have 32 zombie survival exigency plans. 31 involve shooting my roommate. The 32nd has me willingly infect myself with the virus just so I can eat his face.

Also, fried chicken.[/quote]
Cool.